Windows 10: Unclickable Desktop Icons

Discus and support Unclickable Desktop Icons in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello Microsoft Users i am having an issue of unable to access my file folders icons in window's 10 they appear below at the task bar but when i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Damond Tou, Jan 19, 2020.

1. Unclickable Desktop Icons

Hello Microsoft Users

i am having an issue of unable to access my file folders icons in window's 10 they appear below at the task bar but when i click on them it won't launch like how you click google chrome with 2 clicks instead of multiple clicks it's not just file folders being affected from it

Steam is affected as well i can't seem to launch it so far i opened

1. task manager

2. processes tab

3. clicked on explorer.exe to end task which went into a complete blank screen of nothing until i pressed

Ctrl + Shift + Escape after that was done went to check if it worked and it didn't work at all

i also try to restart in task manager/processes tab/ left clicked restart to see if that would return to normal again logged back in to check after restarting nope nothing

then went through a complete virus scan still nothing

this has happened to me twice in a row now 3 times one way back in the past another 5 years ago now this time again

so i was forced to go to control panel/users accounts/remove users accounts and delete my user account + all of my stuff entirely within my account

then created another user account which is me with the same name and same hotmail just to access my file folders and steam from thereon since i can't in my old user account did this about twice

i don't wanna keep doing that again

no i never even try clean boot before

has anyone else ever experience this type of issue please post below.

:)

Damond Tou, Jan 19, 2020

2. Missing Desktop Icon Text

You can't rename or even create new folders, etc ... The icons are there I just took a screenshot to show what I was talking about. The icons are unclickable

Morrison5891, Jan 19, 2020
  3. Mussels Win User
    Missing Desktop Icon Text

if they're unclickable...

are you sure someone didn't just get on your PC, name them all blank and put your desktop background as a screenshot of that?

you know, so the icons aren't even there, its just an image?

Mussels, Jan 19, 2020
  4. Unclickable Desktop Icons

Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, Jan 19, 2020
Thema:

Unclickable Desktop Icons

1. Unclickable Desktop Icons - Similar Threads - Unclickable Desktop Icons

2. Taskbar programs unclickable

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar programs unclickable: I cant move my apps or click it to any direction in the taskbar. It will not open as well when you click the apps. The start menu and search box is working properly but not the pinned apps and the tray in the taskbar. It happens when I remove some application in my system...
  3. Taskbar programs unclickable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar programs unclickable: I cant move my apps or click it to any direction in the taskbar. It will not open as well when you click the apps. The start menu and search box is working properly but not the pinned apps and the tray in the taskbar. It happens when I remove some application in my system...
  4. Taskbar programs unclickable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Unclickable area on screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unclickable area on screen: In the last couple of days I've noticed that a strip on the right edge of my screen will randomly become unclickable until I restart, and buttons or menu items on that side can't be interacted with unless I pull the window further left again, until I restart. The stranger...
  6. Unclickable area on screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unclickable area on screen: In the last couple of days I've noticed that a strip on the right edge of my screen will randomly become unclickable until I restart, and buttons or menu items on that side can't be interacted with unless I pull the window further left again, until I restart. The stranger...
  7. Taskbar Not Working - Date&Time , Wifi, Sound, Powrr icons unclickable

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Taskbar Not Working - Date&Time , Wifi, Sound, Powrr icons unclickable: Hello, My taskbar stopped running properly all of a sudden. None of the wifi, sound, power, date and time icons are clickable. Kindly advise please....
  8. Program window unclickable

in Windows 10 Customization
    Program window unclickable: Hi everyone, I have an issue that I haven't been able to resolve, but it seems like it should be a simple fix. Earlier today I was using a program Keyshot and I went to rename a camera angle. after typing in the name I realized that my mouse had not selected the text and I...
  9. DEP unclickable

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    DEP unclickable: ​Long story short, I have been trying to play a game I downloaded from the internet and my laptop has been refusing to play it and the game just wont work, because it is a 16 bit program trying to work in a 64 bit computer. After some research I finally figured out how to fix...
  10. Startbar searches unclickable.

in Windows 10 Support
    Startbar searches unclickable.: Startbar searches show results and can be accessed via arrow keys and activated using Enter. These items are un-clickable and keyboard navigation no longer works once a click is initiated. I have tried disabling"active" Cortana (and the service) and any combo of that and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. icons are unclickab

2. icons and taskbar unclickable