Windows 10: Unconfirmed download

Discus and support Unconfirmed download in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Windows 11 will not allow me to do downloads in a Chrome browser. The download starts but then freezes with a zombie file in the Downloads folder named... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by John Strong1, Dec 9, 2023.

1. Unconfirmed download

Windows 11 will not allow me to do downloads in a Chrome browser. The download starts but then freezes with a zombie file in the Downloads folder named Unconfirmed XXXXXX.crdownload. Please don't respond with boilerplate advice telling me to clean cookies out of my browser cache. That's just clutter and noise, and I'd prefer to see a thread with a higher signal-to-noise ratio.

:)

John Strong1, Dec 9, 2023
  2. Ztruker Win User

All downloads with Edge result in a Unconfirmed nnnnnn.crdownload file

Every time I download a file, any file, I get a Unconfirmed nnnnnn.crdownload file. Doesn't matter what I download. If I download the same file from Chrome or Firefox it downloads correctly. I tried resetting Edge settings but that made no difference. Any suggestions?

Ztruker, Dec 9, 2023
  3. Unconfirmed download error

I'm getting an unconfirmed crdownload in my downloads folder when i try to download a file from a site. The crdownload file doesn't go away and the download does not complete. My colleagues have the same problem when they tried it in Edge. I'm guessing this is a file explorer issue?

DownloadIssue, Dec 9, 2023
  4. Cerawy Win User

Unconfirmed download

Unconfirmed crdownload edge

I have some files in my download folder, that are called unconfirmed crdownloads. Is it possible to download these files again somehow? I simply forgot what the downloads were, and it doesn't say it on the name of these files.

Cerawy, Dec 9, 2023
Thema:

Unconfirmed download

1. Unconfirmed download - Similar Threads - Unconfirmed download

2. Downloading of Windows Updates hangs by 0%

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Downloading of Windows Updates hangs by 0%: My PC is unable to download windows updates. They al hangs by 0%I've tried all the suggested fixes, all of them beyond my understanding, to no availDoesn't seem to be one fix that works for all unfortunatelyAny assistance from anyone who's fixed this would be very...
  3. Downloading of Windows Updates hangs by 0%

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Downloading of Windows Updates hangs by 0%: My PC is unable to download windows updates. They al hangs by 0%I've tried all the suggested fixes, all of them beyond my understanding, to no availDoesn't seem to be one fix that works for all unfortunatelyAny assistance from anyone who's fixed this would be very...
  4. Files on SD card won't play /preview or download properly in Media Player

Files on SD card won't play /preview or download properly in Media Player: I have an SD card in my desktop. This is detected and it shows all files. When I click 'Open' or 'Play with Media Player' the file opens and shows the time range but doesn't play or show any visuals just a black screen.I can play / preview the file through 'media player...
  5. Unconfirmed download

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unconfirmed download: Windows 11 will not allow me to do downloads in a Chrome browser. The download starts but then freezes with a zombie file in the Downloads folder named Unconfirmed XXXXXX.crdownload. Please don't respond with boilerplate advice telling me to clean cookies out of my browser...
  6. Unconfirmed download error

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unconfirmed download error: I'm getting an unconfirmed crdownload in my downloads folder when i try to download a file from a site. The crdownload file doesn't go away and the download does not complete. My colleagues have the same problem when they tried it in Edge. I'm guessing this is a file explorer...
  7. Unconfirmed download error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unconfirmed download error: I'm getting an unconfirmed crdownload in my downloads folder when i try to download a file from a site. The crdownload file doesn't go away and the download does not complete. My colleagues have the same problem when they tried it in Edge. I'm guessing this is a file explorer...
  8. Unconfirmed download error

9. KB5006670 for Windows 10 is having quite a few issues, some unconfirmed

in Windows 10 News
    KB5006670 for Windows 10 is having quite a few issues, some unconfirmed: Microsoft released KB5006670 for the company's Windows 10 operating system last week. The update was released for the three latest versions of Windows 10, versions 21H1, 20H2, and 20H1. Users and administrators who installed the update on machines may have run into several...
  10. I recently contracted the "Unconfirmed 7033017.crdownload virus

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I recently contracted the "Unconfirmed 7033017.crdownload virus: Well it has degenerated my entire file system duplicated .DLL files all over my desktop and some programs seem to work fine while others don't even have a shortcut on the desktop anymore. I've done some minor research online and have some basic and general idea of what is...