Windows 10: uncontrol scrolling

Discus and support uncontrol scrolling in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have a laptop and today it is acting weird. Everytime I browse it will sometimes scroll on its own. I check if it is happening in office application... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by marieee1, Aug 10, 2022.

1. marieee1 Win User

uncontrol scrolling

I have a laptop and today it is acting weird. Everytime I browse it will sometimes scroll on its own. I check if it is happening in office application and yes the scroll just went down on its own. I observe if there is something installed on my device and I even run some virus scan.

:)

marieee1, Aug 10, 2022

2. Scrolling Uncontrollably

My computer seems to scrolling uncontrollably, but not scrolling at the same time. Here are the syptoms:

1. It only scroll uncontrollably on the taskbar and address bar and tabs on search engine ( and similar program that have button on top like ms word),
    2. It doesn't scroll up down on the page itself, I can still scroll on the page normally,
    3. This problem occur randomly, sometime I can use my laptop normally sometime the random scroll make me unable to use the computer,
    4. It can also be noted that sometimes when I write on the keyboard, it jumps to address bar (similar properties) or tabs (similar properties), and
    5. When pressing "a" the scrolling stops, but I don't know why
    Please help me resolve this issue...

ElliuqashAthaso, Aug 10, 2022
  3. Cursor scrolls uncontrollably.

This is a recent happening. I have no idea how it came about. I start the computer, and as soon as I place the cursor to type (applications, search boxes, etc.) it scrolls by itself to whatever boundary the placement has. I looked this up and found this discussion. Uncontrollable scrolling on windows 10 - December 2019 - Forums - CNET
    Other than restore or reset, I've done several of the "fixes" listed. (Latest drivers, etc.) The only thing that worked is logging out, and back in. But this fix is temporary. Restarting the machine brings it back, and I have to Log Out/In again to stop it. This makes no sense. Any ideas how to rectify this short of reinstalling windows?

Machine is a MSI GS75 Stealth 9SF
    Win 10 Home
    16gb RAM
    i7-9750H
    nVidia RTX2070

CalypsoArt, Aug 10, 2022
  4. teJASafe Win User

uncontrol scrolling

Scrolling uncontrollable

Scrolling has gone haywire on my PC. Lists scroll uncontrollably. No button on my mouse has any effect. It does not work on this page. I have Windows 10 but I cannot select that version below because the drop down menus do not work. The menu flickers
    on but disappears before I can click on an item. I have to type in a letter to see if something is available.

teJASafe, Aug 10, 2022
Thema:

uncontrol scrolling

1. uncontrol scrolling - Similar Threads - uncontrol scrolling

2. uncontrolled scrolling when I press the number keys in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    uncontrolled scrolling when I press the number keys in Windows 10: My laptop is running Windows 10 and is a Lenovo Ideapad with an intel i5-4210U procesor. I have had no problems with Windows 10 for the past 10 years . A few weeks ago , after an automatic update to Windows 10 from Microsoft , I started experiencing uncontrolled scrolling and...
  3. uncontrolled scrolling when I press the number keys in Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    uncontrolled scrolling when I press the number keys in Windows 10: My laptop is running Windows 10 and is a Lenovo Ideapad with an intel i5-4210U procesor. I have had no problems with Windows 10 for the past 10 years . A few weeks ago , after an automatic update to Windows 10 from Microsoft , I started experiencing uncontrolled scrolling and...
  4. uncontrolled scrolling when I press the number keys in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. uncontrollable downward scrolling issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    uncontrollable downward scrolling issue: Legion Y540-15IRH Laptop Lenovo - Type 81SXHaving an issue where my active window will scroll all the way to the bottom endlessly until I hit the UP arrow key and will happen again randomly across any program browser, doc, games, etc.. Yes, the keyboard is clean and no food...
  6. uncontrollable downward scrolling issue

uncontrollable downward scrolling issue: Legion Y540-15IRH Laptop Lenovo - Type 81SXHaving an issue where my active window will scroll all the way to the bottom endlessly until I hit the UP arrow key and will happen again randomly across any program browser, doc, games, etc.. Yes, the keyboard is clean and no food...
  7. File Explorer navigation pane scrolls to top uncontrollably when pointer hovers over

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer navigation pane scrolls to top uncontrollably when pointer hovers over: Windows 10, fully updated today. 22H2In file explorer, if I hover over the navigation pane, it scrolls up to the top, meaning I cannot select the folder I need. It will stop when pressing CTRL but this behaviour is now a real pane. sic I have searched fora and support, trying...
  8. File Explorer navigation pane scrolls to top uncontrollably when pointer hovers over

File Explorer navigation pane scrolls to top uncontrollably when pointer hovers over: Windows 10, fully updated today. 22H2In file explorer, if I hover over the navigation pane, it scrolls up to the top, meaning I cannot select the folder I need. It will stop when pressing CTRL but this behaviour is now a real pane. sic I have searched fora and support, trying...
  9. File Explorer navigation pane scrolls to top uncontrollably when pointer hovers over

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. Uncontrollable Scrolling in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Uncontrollable Scrolling in Windows 10: I am running Windows 10 on my Dell XPS 15 laptop. Ever since last night, I have had an uncontrollable scrolling problem. This occurs both with my mouse and the directional arrows on my keyboard as well as using the touchscreen. For example, when I want to go to the far left...