Windows 10: Uncontrollable scrolling and Xbox Controller disconnects sometimes

Discus and support Uncontrollable scrolling and Xbox Controller disconnects sometimes in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So, I dropped my Logitech K400+ wireless keyboard and later that day this started happening... Latest generation Xbox game controller wired connection... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by philipbradley1, Mar 3, 2021.

1. Uncontrollable scrolling and Xbox Controller disconnects sometimes

So, I dropped my Logitech K400+ wireless keyboard and later that day this started happening...

Latest generation Xbox game controller wired connection began randomly disconnecting.
    Also, when I open the start menu, I get continuous scrolling downwards.

Xbox controller:
    I've tried changing USB cables and USB ports
    Uninstalling and reinstalling drivers
    Firmware update through Xbox accessories app
    Running Windows updates
    Running antivirus & Malwarebytes shouldn't be a virus though, 'cause I'm a good boy

I don't have an Xbox console, so I have no way of checking to see if it's the controllers fault.
    Sometimes, it functions normally for several consecutive hours of play. Other times it disconnects every few minutes.

Concerning the issue of uncontrollable scrolling through the start menu and others, I don't know if this has anything to do with my dropping the Logitech wireless keyboard. It's probably a coincidence, as I've connected a different model wireless keyboard and mouse and the issue persists. However, the issue with the scrolling has only happened a few times. Also, the scrolling happens whether I have the Xbox controller connected or not.

Have tried 'forgetting' the devices in the device manager, uninstalling and reinstalling drivers. Finally got fed up and reinstalled Windows from scratch, as well as updating chipset drivers for motherboard.

Really don't know what else to do, as I'm not supper knowledgeable with computers.
    I built the PC back in October, and it has been operating fine until a few days ago.

Any assistance in helping me troubleshoot the described issues would be greatly appreciated.

:)

philipbradley1, Mar 3, 2021

2. Scrolling Uncontrollably

My computer seems to scrolling uncontrollably, but not scrolling at the same time. Here are the syptoms:

1. It only scroll uncontrollably on the taskbar and address bar and tabs on search engine ( and similar program that have button on top like ms word),
    2. It doesn't scroll up down on the page itself, I can still scroll on the page normally,
    3. This problem occur randomly, sometime I can use my laptop normally sometime the random scroll make me unable to use the computer,
    4. It can also be noted that sometimes when I write on the keyboard, it jumps to address bar (similar properties) or tabs (similar properties), and
    5. When pressing "a" the scrolling stops, but I don't know why
    Please help me resolve this issue...

ElliuqashAthaso, Mar 3, 2021
  3. Cursor scrolls uncontrollably.

This is a recent happening. I have no idea how it came about. I start the computer, and as soon as I place the cursor to type (applications, search boxes, etc.) it scrolls by itself to whatever boundary the placement has. I looked this up and found this discussion. Uncontrollable scrolling on windows 10 - December 2019 - Forums - CNET
    Other than restore or reset, I've done several of the "fixes" listed. (Latest drivers, etc.) The only thing that worked is logging out, and back in. But this fix is temporary. Restarting the machine brings it back, and I have to Log Out/In again to stop it. This makes no sense. Any ideas how to rectify this short of reinstalling windows?

Machine is a MSI GS75 Stealth 9SF
    Win 10 Home
    16gb RAM
    i7-9750H
    nVidia RTX2070

CalypsoArt, Mar 3, 2021
  4. teJASafe Win User

Uncontrollable scrolling and Xbox Controller disconnects sometimes

Scrolling uncontrollable

Scrolling has gone haywire on my PC. Lists scroll uncontrollably. No button on my mouse has any effect. It does not work on this page. I have Windows 10 but I cannot select that version below because the drop down menus do not work. The menu flickers
    on but disappears before I can click on an item. I have to type in a letter to see if something is available.

teJASafe, Mar 3, 2021
Thema:

Uncontrollable scrolling and Xbox Controller disconnects sometimes

1. Uncontrollable scrolling and Xbox Controller disconnects sometimes - Similar Threads - Uncontrollable scrolling Xbox

2. Xbox Controller Scrolls Menus When Disconnected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox Controller Scrolls Menus When Disconnected: Whenever my Xbox One controller disconnects, whatever input it was giving to Windows gets frozen in place, permanently. This results in my having to unplug the computer because I cannot even use the menus to restart it. Even if I delete the device and leave it unplugged the...
  3. Xbox Controller Scrolls Menus When Disconnected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Xbox Controller Scrolls Menus When Disconnected: Whenever my Xbox One controller disconnects, whatever input it was giving to Windows gets frozen in place, permanently. This results in my having to unplug the computer because I cannot even use the menus to restart it. Even if I delete the device and leave it unplugged the...
  4. Xbox Controller Scrolls Menus When Disconnected

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. uncontrol scrolling

in Windows 10 Gaming
    uncontrol scrolling: I have a laptop and today it is acting weird. Everytime I browse it will sometimes scroll on its own. I check if it is happening in office application and yes the scroll just went down on its own. I observe if there is something installed on my device and I even run some...
  6. uncontrol scrolling

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    uncontrol scrolling: I have a laptop and today it is acting weird. Everytime I browse it will sometimes scroll on its own. I check if it is happening in office application and yes the scroll just went down on its own. I observe if there is something installed on my device and I even run some...
  7. uncontrol scrolling

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Scrolling uncontrollable

Scrolling uncontrollable: Scrolling has gone haywire on my PC. Lists scroll uncontrollably. No button on my mouse has any effect. It does not work on this page. I have Windows 10 but I cannot select that version below because the drop down menus do not work. The menu flickers on but disappears...
  9. Uncontrollable Scrolling

in Windows 10 Customization
    Uncontrollable Scrolling: After the most recent Windows 10 update I now experience odd moments of uncontrollable scrolling. Anywhere in the settings app, if the page can be scrolled down it will scroll down to the bottom even after resizing the window. In the task manager, the Details and Services...
  10. Scrolling is uncontrolable

Scrolling is uncontrolable: Hello ! I have a terrible problem , It's been a week since i first saw this problem , whenever I scroll down it goes up a few lines and when I scroll up it goes down a few lines and it is hard th scroll up or down or in games to zoom in or out. If some one can help me I...