Windows 10: Uncontrollable scrolling not linked to mouse [Details in comments]

Discus and support Uncontrollable scrolling not linked to mouse [Details in comments] in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/youvegotpride [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/youvegotpride, Mar 20, 2020.

1. Uncontrollable scrolling not linked to mouse [Details in comments]

/u/youvegotpride, Mar 20, 2020

2. Cursor scrolls uncontrollably.

This is a recent happening. I have no idea how it came about. I start the computer, and as soon as I place the cursor to type (applications, search boxes, etc.) it scrolls by itself to whatever boundary the placement has. I looked this up and found this discussion. Uncontrollable scrolling on windows 10 - December 2019 - Forums - CNET
    Other than restore or reset, I've done several of the "fixes" listed. (Latest drivers, etc.) The only thing that worked is logging out, and back in. But this fix is temporary. Restarting the machine brings it back, and I have to Log Out/In again to stop it. This makes no sense. Any ideas how to rectify this short of reinstalling windows?

Machine is a MSI GS75 Stealth 9SF
    Win 10 Home
    16gb RAM
    i7-9750H
    nVidia RTX2070

CalypsoArt, Mar 20, 2020
  3. uncontrolled scrolling

how do you stop uncontrolled scrolling

paramus117, Mar 20, 2020
  4. Uncontrollable scrolling not linked to mouse [Details in comments]

Windows 10 will not stop mouse pointer scrolling uncontrollably

I had upgraded from Windows 7 Home Premium, to Windows 10. And I never had problems with Windows 7 like this before. In Windows 7 I hated the Microsoft Predictive Scrolling, which I could never make it go away. No matter what adjustments I made to my Toshiba
    mouse or Microsoft mouse settings, it would never go away. I even talked to a Microsoft Tech in Chat, and Toshiba directly, and no one ever had an answer for he predictive scrolling I hated so. But the good news what that it only showed up every now and then.
    It would show up as a small rubber band box my mouse pointer would get stuck within, offering either a vertical or horizontal scrolling option. But I would also always be able to get my mouse pointer back out of it at least.

Now with Windows 10 there is no longer the occasional pointer rubber band type box I get stuck within, and have to force my way back out of. But now instead my mouse is always scrolling uncontrollably.

Now to define how it is apparently predicting, and doing this. In Windows 7, at least it only tried to predict for the most part when I was on mid-page somewhere, but was also mostly only when it was inappropriate likewise to do so, such as mid screen in
    an online game screen, etc..,

But now with Windows 10 it only does the inappropriate predictive and uncontrollable scrolling, only, and I do mean only, when my mouse is on, using, or hovering, on or over a software generated soft-button or scrolling function. 1) So that if I am attempting
    to use a web page button or function select, which are usually on the top left, or top right, of the website page, the mouse tries to scroll right off the page in question instead. 2) If I am for example using Amazon.com book review, and thus my mouse pointer
    is poised over the little down arrow pointer on their book review page slide bar, my mouse scrolls right off the bottom of Amazon's site, and it gets real annoying to have to keep returning my mouse pointer to the book slide and site. Also if I am on a point
    of, and using it's book page slider, it can scroll off into space likewise as well. 3) If I am on an online game site, hovering over any soft button whatsoever, from inventory, to part select, to lottery ticket choice select, etc.., my mouse always uncontrollably
    scrolls off of the soft buttons into random spacial distances onto the page, or off the page itself. 4) It does not matter the site, or type of site even, with even more examples than listed, because what does matter is than when it is only 100% inappropriate
    for predictive scrolling to even considering functioning, such as when the sites own buttons and scroll bar functions should take precedence, does this feature now show it's ugly head each and every time. making my computer usage both impossible and likewise
    useless to even consider using in the first place. If my computer / software only does what it wants 180 degrees diametrically opposed to what I want, then even using, and or having, a computer is useless.

Thus Windows 10 has rendered having a computer useless for me. I despise predictive scrolling, never wanted it in any operating system I own, and never will want it in any operating system and computer I own. I think I can handle when and where I want my
    mouse to go. But I also consider it one of the dumbest ideas ever conceived, because if I were ever to read War and Peace for example online in a pdf format, I would use the pdf controls provided to navigate, if I wanted to skip about. And likewise I think
    I can handle skipping about any online text I want on my own, without Windows trying to decide to think for me, and tell me when and where I might want my mouse to wonder off uncontrollably for me.

I never will want predictive scrolling on any software I own, if I can help it, but this uncontrollably mouse scrolling off of every single software generated soft-buttons, to right off of entire web pages, etc.., is absolutely insane.

MSheffieldXG, Mar 20, 2020
Thema:

Uncontrollable scrolling not linked to mouse [Details in comments]

1. Uncontrollable scrolling not linked to mouse [Details in comments] - Similar Threads - Uncontrollable scrolling linked

2. uncontrol scrolling

in Windows 10 Gaming
    uncontrol scrolling: I have a laptop and today it is acting weird. Everytime I browse it will sometimes scroll on its own. I check if it is happening in office application and yes the scroll just went down on its own. I observe if there is something installed on my device and I even run some...
  3. uncontrol scrolling

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    uncontrol scrolling: I have a laptop and today it is acting weird. Everytime I browse it will sometimes scroll on its own. I check if it is happening in office application and yes the scroll just went down on its own. I observe if there is something installed on my device and I even run some...
  4. uncontrol scrolling

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Scrolling Uncontrollably

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Scrolling Uncontrollably: My computer seems to scrolling uncontrollably, but not scrolling at the same time. Here are the syptoms: It only scroll uncontrollably on the taskbar and address bar and tabs on search engine and similar program that have button on top like ms word, It doesn't scroll up...
  6. Mouse scrolls uncontrollably

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse scrolls uncontrollably: A few days ago my mouse starting scrolling drop-down menus on its own. I have also discovered it will sometimes scroll the left panel in file explorer and on some menus such as the Programs and Features application list. I've now noticed that drop-down boxes will only flash...
  7. Scrolling uncontrollable

Scrolling uncontrollable: Scrolling has gone haywire on my PC. Lists scroll uncontrollably. No button on my mouse has any effect. It does not work on this page. I have Windows 10 but I cannot select that version below because the drop down menus do not work. The menu flickers on but disappears...
  8. Uncontrollable Scrolling

in Windows 10 Customization
    Uncontrollable Scrolling: After the most recent Windows 10 update I now experience odd moments of uncontrollable scrolling. Anywhere in the settings app, if the page can be scrolled down it will scroll down to the bottom even after resizing the window. In the task manager, the Details and Services...
  9. Cursor scrolls uncontrollably.

in Windows 10 Support
    Cursor scrolls uncontrollably.: This is a recent happening. I have no idea how it came about. I start the computer, and as soon as I place the cursor to type (applications, search boxes, etc.) it scrolls by itself to whatever boundary the placement has. I looked this up and found this discussion....
  10. Scrolling is uncontrolable

Scrolling is uncontrolable: Hello ! I have a terrible problem , It's been a week since i first saw this problem , whenever I scroll down it goes up a few lines and when I scroll up it goes down a few lines and it is hard th scroll up or down or in games to zoom in or out. If some one can help me I...