Windows 10: Undefined windows update errors

Discus and support Undefined windows update errors in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Periodically, I when I open the windows settings/updates page, I note a error display which according to the detail was a result of a (presumed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Davidk, Nov 2, 2020.

1. Davidk Win User

Undefined windows update errors

Periodically, I when I open the windows settings/updates page, I note a error display which according to the detail was a result of a (presumed background) update not completing because a shut down was in progress. The latest one happened either early this am (mon 2Nov or late on 1 nov) and a screenshot of the error notice is attached.
    Clicking on the re-try button with the updates page notice has never been successful. Occasionally, I've poked around and found something that fixed the notice (a re-download) but I cannot remember where or how I did that.

On reflection, I seemed to me that this was likely to be a windows defender update - the only one that regularly does background updates, in this case of virus pattern files (and I note more often than some other AV systems do). So I checked the details on the Defender update listing and immediately noticed a difference in Defender update detail. In essence, the dates and versions of pattern updates vary: Defender says the latest intelligence (pattern) updates was 2 nov, whereas the updates page says the latest Defender update was 1 nov. I made a screenshot of the 2 pages side-by-side and marked up the relevant details for emphasis; attached.

Questions:
    1. how can I clear that updates page error notice?
    2 How can i prevent this happening again - it does seem to be a regular occurrence.

Running windows 10 v2004.

:)

Davidk, Nov 2, 2020
  2. Junaid_A Win User

Script error the value of the property "Show Status" is null or undefined, not a Function object need fix ASAP

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forums.

• Which build of Windows 10 Insider is currently installed on the machine?

The undefined error usually occurs when an identifier that the JavaScript compiler doesn’t recognize is attempted to use. I suggest you to install the pending updates, if any pushed, and check if the issue persists. Refer
    Update Windows 10, to know how to check for updates.

If the issue persists on an updated build of Windows 10 Insider, I suggest you to
    create a new user account, and install the program on the
    new user account to see if it works.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Nov 2, 2020
  3. undefined script error

After the Windows 10 Insider update my watchfire ignite program started to open a script error, specifically:
    The value of the property "Show Status" is null or undefined, not a Function object.
    Is there any fix, I am unable to get rid of rendering app

DavidReynolds_kd, Nov 2, 2020
  4. DaMulta Win User

Who has seen this vista update error

When you go to Windows vista update and it tell you to update a driver that you have already updated. Then it says failed to update and gives you the error code that tell you that you already have a never version than that. WTF? Why in the world would it be trying to updated something with an older driver. Well the only way to get it out of your windows update list is to go uninstall what ever that driver is then run the update and install it. Then run the newer drivers again.

Well I still can't get the Nivida Network Bridge to disappear out of the list. I uninstall the one in device manager and go to the update and before it's even done with that. Vista is automatically installing a newer version than is in the Vista update list.......

DaMulta, Nov 2, 2020
Thema:

1. Undefined windows update errors - Similar Threads - Undefined update errors

2. Undefined Bitlocker Error

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Undefined Bitlocker Error: Hello Microsoft ,Yesterday I got a problem in by Dell Inspiron laptop having windows 10. Usually I was Downloading Cricket 07 From Ocean of Games Site.According to the tutorial I got from them. It was to disable all the antivirus and security for running exe file which I...
  3. Undefined Bitlocker Error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Undefined Bitlocker Error: Hello Microsoft ,Yesterday I got a problem in by Dell Inspiron laptop having windows 10. Usually I was Downloading Cricket 07 From Ocean of Games Site.According to the tutorial I got from them. It was to disable all the antivirus and security for running exe file which I...
  4. Undefined Bitlocker Error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. "undefined network" Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "undefined network" Windows 11: HiI'm using WiFi but I really like enternet cable method,so I decided to connect my LAN cable, and it says "undefined networkNo Internet access" Enternet is fast, sadly I can't use the enternet methodCan someone help me? Thanks...
  6. Undefined variable error in array (PHP)

Undefined variable error in array (PHP): I have a collection of check boxes all with the name c[] but different values. From php8 the code below works but gives me an 'Undefined variable $sql_c’ warning (perhaps this error was just suppressed in earlier versions?). I was given the code years back and have now...
  7. Undefined index:

Undefined index:: My goodness, here again. with I thought would be simple. Object is to add 1 to the "receiptno" in the "numbers" table and print the receiptno. please tell me in lay terms what is wrong. ---------------------------------- code: <?php $server = "localhost"; $user = "root";...
  8. undefined script error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    undefined script error: After the Windows 10 Insider update my watchfire ignite program started to open a script error, specifically: The value of the property "Show Status" is null or undefined, not a Function object. Is there any fix, I am unable to get rid of rendering app...
  9. Undefined problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Undefined problem: Hello everyone, I wonder why my Window 10 become no font in start and notification area? Is that virus attack? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/undefined-problem/8d424da2-60f1-4a96-b206-7ec8efdbcf3b
  10. repair pipe errors 109 and 232 and $ undefined errors

repair pipe errors 109 and 232 and $ undefined errors: I need help fixing pipe errors that are in the cefdebug-notepad [1005/080012:ERROR:ipc_channel_win.cc(217)] pipe error: 109 and the same for 232, and then I keep having this Message: Uncaught ReferenceError: $ is not defined show up in the console...