Windows 10: Undelatable, Unnamed Ghost Folders on Desktop

Discus and support Undelatable, Unnamed Ghost Folders on Desktop in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So, these appeared on my desktop randomly - they cannot be renamed, they appear to have no name - I can delete them via context menu, but they come... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by TheDeerDude, Mar 18, 2018.

1. Undelatable, Unnamed Ghost Folders on Desktop

So, these appeared on my desktop randomly - they cannot be renamed, they appear to have no name - I can delete them via context menu, but they come back. Unlocker/Lock Hunter - they do not see them, neither does Explorer, WinRAR nor CMD.

The context menu on them is strange - it only has three options.

I checked both C:\Users\User\Desktop and C:\Users\Public\Public Desktop\ and neither of them have these folders in them. They only show on the desktop.

I would like to get rid of these permanently, any suggestions?

:)

TheDeerDude, Mar 18, 2018
  2. trinnemaa Win User

N9 Documents application issues.

I have funny problem with the Documents as for some reason it displays 2 empty txt files that aren't in the phone.

Age for the 2 unnamed ghost txt file it says 6 821 years ago.

Any ideas for this ? =)

trinnemaa, Mar 18, 2018
  3. how to delete undelatable temp files

how to delete undelatable temp files

rajendramathur, Mar 18, 2018
  4. AndreTen Win User

Undelatable, Unnamed Ghost Folders on Desktop

Could be you have downloads path set to your desktop.
    For showing file properties, I suggest Wiztree, it can find problematic files and show their properties. Post a picture of your desktop (in Wiztree)

AndreTen, Mar 22, 2018
Thema:

Undelatable, Unnamed Ghost Folders on Desktop

1. Undelatable, Unnamed Ghost Folders on Desktop - Similar Threads - Undelatable Unnamed Ghost

2. Unnamed folder icons on desktop after 3/14/23 patches.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unnamed folder icons on desktop after 3/14/23 patches.: After the most recent round of patches and a reboot, something has started placing 2 unnamed folder icons on my desktop. The folders do not display in my desktop folder in File Explorer, yes, I'm able to see hidden and protected system files. The only options when the icons...
  3. Unnamed folder icons on desktop after 3/14/23 patches.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unnamed folder icons on desktop after 3/14/23 patches.: After the most recent round of patches and a reboot, something has started placing 2 unnamed folder icons on my desktop. The folders do not display in my desktop folder in File Explorer, yes, I'm able to see hidden and protected system files. The only options when the icons...
  4. Unnamed folders appearing on my desktop, Should i worry ?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unnamed folders appearing on my desktop, Should i worry ?: After turning on my computer, I noticed a strange, unnamed folder that I could either delete, cut, or create a shortcut to. If I delete it, it simply reappears, and if I copy it somewhere, it just gives an error Non-implemented and i haven't checked if it does anything if a...
  5. Ghost icons on desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Ghost icons on desktop: Hi, This bug appear everytime an icons goes on my desktop, it appear even just right after a clean install of windows. As you can see in this video, i need to refresh manually my desktop to take them out. https://imgur.com/a/6S435WT...
  6. Ghost icons on desktop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Ghost icons on desktop: Hi, This bug appear everytime an icons goes on my desktop, it appear even just right after a clean install of windows. As you can see in the video, i need to refresh my desktop to take them out. I tried to change my SSD but it didn't worked. I'm so lost, if you guys can...
  7. Ghost Folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Ghost Folder: I moved my downloads folder from C:\Users\mojo1\Downloads to a backup drive E:\ because it was taking up to much room, now i have removed E:\ drive and moved the downloads folder to another drive which works fine, but in the left hand window in file explorer under "This PC"...
  8. Ghost Folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Ghost Folder: Hello everyone. Am happy with Windows 10 but i have a weird problem. I want to delete a folder but Windows can't find that folder... I explained that problem in a graphic and attached to this post. Thank you. 51151
  9. Ghost folder occasionally appearing on desktop. Any ideas ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Ghost folder occasionally appearing on desktop. Any ideas ?: I occasionally get the following ghost folder appear on the desktop. Its very random and I can go many days without seeing it. When it does it appear there is no delete option, just the options shown in the picture. Doing nothing apart from a restart always makes it...
  10. How to remove 'ghost' folder from desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    How to remove 'ghost' folder from desktop: Hi, i just got a folder looking icon on my desktop and i cant delete it . A screenshot snap is on drop box link below. It cant be archived or move to recycle bin or other folder, but can only be pin to Quick Access in explorer. Tried to delete from cmd prompt but not...