Windows 10: Undeletable file on desktop

Discus and support Undeletable file on desktop in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Recently I searched up on google images and tried to drag an image from the page directly to the desktop, but this happened. I tried to delete this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Kavezo Ksenu, Apr 10, 2023.

1. Undeletable file on desktop

Recently I searched up on google images and tried to drag an image from the page directly to the desktop, but this happened. I tried to delete this file by right-clicking and selecting "delete", but it didn't work. I also tried to select this file and use SHIFT+DELETE, but this didn't work either. It's also impossible to move this file away from the desktop anywhere else. Reboot also didn't help. Is there any way to fix this?

:)

Kavezo Ksenu, Apr 10, 2023
  2. MohanC Win User

windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Apr 10, 2023
  3. undeleting files

How do I undelete a file I just deleted?

DaveMeglio, Apr 10, 2023
  4. dalchina Win User

Undeletable file on desktop

Undeletable Folder Icon in File Explorer

You could try the fully functional Revo Pro trial uninstaller, monitor the installation of Boxcrypt, then uninstall it using the monitored data. That should be more complete.

Otherwise as you suggested (but back up the registry first) search and delete any occurrence of Boxcrypt remaining.

Searching the registry is most conveniently done with a 3rd party tool that searches the whole registry and lists finds, unlike regedit which stops after each find.
    E.g. OO regedit (free) - which includes an address bar (path)

Undeletable file on desktop 153907d1505726251t-undeletable-folder-icon-file-explorer-1.jpg

You can also use a freeware program such as
    Locate32
    Everything (void tools)
    Ultrasearch

- these quickly index every file and folder so you can do an instant search of your file system for Boxcrypt.
    I'd not know how to cope without these. (I prefer Locate32). Note- they don't index content.

dalchina, Apr 10, 2023
Thema:

Undeletable file on desktop

1. Undeletable file on desktop - Similar Threads - Undeletable file desktop

2. Undeletable file on desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Undeletable file on desktop: Recently I searched up on google images and tried to drag an image from the page directly to the desktop, but this happened. I tried to delete this file by right-clicking and selecting "delete", but it didn't work. I also tried to select this file and use SHIFT+DELETE, but...
  3. Undeletable file on desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Undeletable file on desktop: Recently I searched up on google images and tried to drag an image from the page directly to the desktop, but this happened. I tried to delete this file by right-clicking and selecting "delete", but it didn't work. I also tried to select this file and use SHIFT+DELETE, but...
  4. File undeletable

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File undeletable: The file I want to delete is undeletable and I don't have any program that uses that folder. I tried to use CMD but doesn't workPlz help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-undeletable/e6631877-5062-4719-8689-96a749a001e8
  5. File undeletable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File undeletable: The file I want to delete is undeletable and I don't have any program that uses that folder. I tried to use CMD but doesn't workPlz help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-undeletable/e6631877-5062-4719-8689-96a749a001e8
  6. File undeletable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Ghost of a shortcut on desktop, undeleteable?

Ghost of a shortcut on desktop, undeleteable?: It's a .url file titled 2z0IupRlVRlDN5r2IVqHyN. Trying to delete it the normal way brings back a pop up labeled "Item Not Found" saying "Could not find this item. This is no longer located in C:\Users\David\Desktop. Verify the item's location and try again." 04/07/2021...
  8. undelete able file

undelete able file: I recently found a 42 GB folder on C:\ProgramFiles\WindowsApps that should've been deleted a long time ago folder name: CodemastersSoftwareCompan.F12019PCGP_1.66.9979.0_x64__4cfye3zbe1gaw which is an old game folder and when I try to delete it I need properties and I have...
  9. Deleting Undeletable Files

Deleting Undeletable Files: Let's say you have deleted a file that was present in different locations on your computer and also shows up on your desktop. But for whatever reason, the file won't go away. When you try to delete or send this file to the recycling bin, a message pops up, saying: "This is...
  10. undelete a file

undelete a file: I deleted a file while I was trying to move it to a different folder. Is it possible to recover it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/undelete-a-file/26990f6f-3499-41b8-9ef3-5d57cab56ff9"