Windows 10: undeletable Folder with gray cross not accessible Indicated two revision levels are...

Discus and support undeletable Folder with gray cross not accessible Indicated two revision levels are... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, so I need to delete a folder but when trying to open the folder the error message from the 1st screenshot appears. [ATTACH] [ATTACH] Side... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RobertFrank5, Oct 2, 2020.

1. undeletable Folder with gray cross not accessible Indicated two revision levels are...

Hello,

so I need to delete a folder but

when trying to open the folder the error message from the 1st screenshot appears.
    undeletable Folder with gray cross not accessible  Indicated two revision levels are... 98a049fd-dcc3-4b03-b44a-d00b5cea083f?upload=true.png

undeletable Folder with gray cross not accessible  Indicated two revision levels are... 62507e8b-7f3d-47f8-aa88-cfcdde31e730?upload=true.png

Side note: This folder can't be used for OneDrive either for which purpose I made the "OneDriveFixed" folder.

things I tried that didn't work:

- shift delete: the folder just doesn't disappear without any error message

- remove directory with rmdir /q /s on cmd ran as admin see next screenshot and with del on cmd ran as admin, also tree doesn't show files inside

undeletable Folder with gray cross not accessible  Indicated two revision levels are... ee346563-a015-4a74-a328-16f0e9959423?upload=true.png

- at registry HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID{018D5C66-4533-4307-9B53-224DE2ED1FE6} change Dword value from 0 to 1 because that registry key doesn't exist on this PC

- delete with "FileDeleter" and "Wise Force Deleter" these are third party programs

I really need to get rid of this folder to be able to backup my system by cloning again.
    How to delete a folder with this error?

Big thanks in advance.

:)

RobertFrank5, Oct 2, 2020

2. Gray bar at bottom of each folder in large icons view

• What are the changes made or things you've done before the issue start? I ran hitmanpro.
    • Do this gray bar displays on all folders and files in the File Explorer?
      The gray bar does display on all folders in the File Explorer but not individual files themselves. The gray bar only displays on all folders in view as Extra Large Icons, Large Icons, and Medium Icons. The gray bar does not show when view is either in Small
      Icons or List, or Details.
    • Does the folders and files with the gray bar can still be accessed successfully?
      Yes all folders with the gray bar and the individual files in the folders can be accessed.
    I am currently running System File Checker and will let you know if that works.

If if doesn't work then I'll run DISM or System Update Readiness tool as suggested.

Thank you so much.

*UPDATE*

The results of System File Checker says "Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations."

Now I'll run DISM or System Update Readiness Tool as suggested.

aries2ganymede, Oct 2, 2020
  3. enso Win User
    Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

enso, Oct 2, 2020
  4. undeletable Folder with gray cross not accessible Indicated two revision levels are...

"Gray Screen of Death"

Thanks for your informative post!

I had solved my 2D & gray screen issue using advice posted by erocker (see below)
    Mainly it involves creating a profile and putting higher 2D clocks:

Black Panther, Oct 2, 2020
Thema:

undeletable Folder with gray cross not accessible Indicated two revision levels are...

1. undeletable Folder with gray cross not accessible Indicated two revision levels are... - Similar Threads - undeletable Folder gray

2. Undeletable folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Undeletable folders: Hi guys,I have installed Windows 11 and right after that, I set everything to go on another partition so my C: Disk be only for Windows and future updates, nothing else. On my other partition, these 3 folders appeared from nowhere from my new settings in...
  3. Undeletable folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Undeletable folders: Hi guys,I have installed Windows 11 and right after that, I set everything to go on another partition so my C: Disk be only for Windows and future updates, nothing else. On my other partition, these 3 folders appeared from nowhere from my new settings in...
  4. Undeletable Folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Undeletable Folder: There are a bunch of folders that have randomly appeared in my file explorer with no name or properties whatsoever. Nothing. Can't delete or rename them and the only options I have are to mark the folders as Read-only, Hidden, or Archive, but even then it just says the path...
  5. Undeletable folder

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Undeletable folder: Hello. I have been trying to delete a folder that is specifically filled with the file called image share. But no matter what I tried it won't delete and my computer would end up freezing.When I try to delete it, it would simply display...
  6. Folder with gray cross not accessible undeleteable Indicated two revision levels are...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Folder with gray cross not accessible undeleteable Indicated two revision levels are...: Hello, when trying to open the folder the error message from the 1st screenshot appears. [ATTACH] Side note: This folder can't be used for OneDrive either for which purpose I made the "OneDriveFixed" folder. things I tried that didn't work: - shift delete: the folder...
  7. Undeleted folder!

in Windows 10 Support
    Undeleted folder!: Probably after a chkdsk, a folder has been created in C. It has subfolders (50) and files (85). It's not matter of size, it's only 620KB. I just don't want it to exist! It can be renamed (- resist to delete -), cut, moved (not to a USB) but it can't be deleted. I can't...
  8. Troubleshoot: (0x80070519) The revision level is unknown

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Troubleshoot: (0x80070519) The revision level is unknown: Hello, I'm updating Acronis Backup Advance agents across entire company. The most of workstation are done, but i have several hosts when i impact this error: (0x80070519) The revision level is unknown. I'm looking for information about this error and troubleshooting. All...
  9. Battery level indicator on task bar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Battery level indicator on task bar: One day, my battery level indicator in my notification area disappeared. Then my network status icon disappeared. I believe these events happened because of updates. I played with the many settings menus that Windows has to offer and was able to turn the network icon back...
  10. The Undeletable Folder

in Windows 10 Support
    The Undeletable Folder: Hi there. Yesterday there popped up a folder on my C: drive that is being absolutely stubborn and I can't get it deleted. Things I've tried so far: Select folder, press delete key Right click folder, select delete option Rebooted into safe mode to try and delete it...