Windows 10: Undeletable folders

Discus and support Undeletable folders in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi guys,I have installed Windows 11 and right after that, I set everything to go on another partition so my C: Disk be only for Windows and future... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Eksey, Dec 3, 2022.

1. Eksey Win User

Undeletable folders

Hi guys,I have installed Windows 11 and right after that, I set everything to go on another partition so my C: Disk be only for Windows and future updates, nothing else. On my other partition, these 3 folders appeared from nowhere from my new settings in System/Storage/Where-new-content-is-saved. How can I delete/hide them? I am a perfectionist and it is stressing me out that there are 3 folders that I don't want. Every time I open this partition to go for a software/game I want to open, I always have to ignore the first 3 rows because.....Windows 11 settings. Thank you a lot.

:)

Eksey, Dec 3, 2022
  2. dalchina Win User

Undeletable Folder Icon in File Explorer

You could try the fully functional Revo Pro trial uninstaller, monitor the installation of Boxcrypt, then uninstall it using the monitored data. That should be more complete.

Otherwise as you suggested (but back up the registry first) search and delete any occurrence of Boxcrypt remaining.

Searching the registry is most conveniently done with a 3rd party tool that searches the whole registry and lists finds, unlike regedit which stops after each find.
    E.g. OO regedit (free) - which includes an address bar (path)

Undeletable folders [​IMG]

You can also use a freeware program such as
    Locate32
    Everything (void tools)
    Ultrasearch

- these quickly index every file and folder so you can do an instant search of your file system for Boxcrypt.
    I'd not know how to cope without these. (I prefer Locate32). Note- they don't index content.

dalchina, Dec 3, 2022
  3. The Undeletable Folder

Hi there.

Yesterday there popped up a folder on my C: drive that is being absolutely stubborn and I can't get it deleted.

Things I've tried so far:

• Select folder, press delete key
    • Right click folder, select delete option
    • Rebooted into safe mode to try and delete it
    • Tried to take ownership manually
    • Tried to take ownership with script

I still can't get this folder deleted and it's kinda driving me nuts. Anytime I've tried to delete it or look at it (outside of safemode) it says I need permission from SYSTEM.

Image of folder is attached to post.

LovingWindows, Dec 3, 2022
  4. Mooly Win User

Undeletable folders

Undeletable Folder Icon in File Explorer

If you click this (attach images) then you can browse your PC and locate stuff. You should have all the normal options to delete and work with files and folders, just as if you were using explorer. I know it sounds crazy but it really did work for me some years ago when I had a folder that wouldn't delete.

Mooly, Dec 3, 2022
Thema:

Undeletable folders

1. Undeletable folders - Similar Threads - Undeletable folders

2. Undeletable folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Undeletable folders: Hi guys,I have installed Windows 11 and right after that, I set everything to go on another partition so my C: Disk be only for Windows and future updates, nothing else. On my other partition, these 3 folders appeared from nowhere from my new settings in...
  3. I went in safe mode and try to delete this application or so called undeleteable folder but...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I went in safe mode and try to delete this application or so called undeleteable folder but...: plss respond a correct method because i have try some methods they were failed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-went-in-safe-mode-and-try-to-delete-this/175ae41c-9954-41e3-a4a1-42d03b8b28d9
  4. I went in safe mode and try to delete this application or so called undeleteable folder but...

I went in safe mode and try to delete this application or so called undeleteable folder but...: plss respond a correct method because i have try some methods they were failed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-went-in-safe-mode-and-try-to-delete-this/175ae41c-9954-41e3-a4a1-42d03b8b28d9
  5. How to remove "undeletable" 0-byte folders?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to remove "undeletable" 0-byte folders?: Hi,I was attempting to use robocopy to copy some files from "Documents" to my backup drive. However, it seems to have also copied a sort of non-functioning, 0-byte version of the "Pictures" and "Music" folder but not the actual folders; those are still functioning as normal...
  6. How to remove "undeletable" 0-byte folders?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove "undeletable" 0-byte folders?: Hi,I was attempting to use robocopy to copy some files from "Documents" to my backup drive. However, it seems to have also copied a sort of non-functioning, 0-byte version of the "Pictures" and "Music" folder but not the actual folders; those are still functioning as normal...
  7. How to remove "undeletable" 0-byte folders?

8. Undeletable Folder

Undeletable Folder: There are a bunch of folders that have randomly appeared in my file explorer with no name or properties whatsoever. Nothing. Can't delete or rename them and the only options I have are to mark the folders as Read-only, Hidden, or Archive, but even then it just says the path...
  9. Undeletable folder

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Undeletable folder: Hello. I have been trying to delete a folder that is specifically filled with the file called image share. But no matter what I tried it won't delete and my computer would end up freezing.When I try to delete it, it would simply display...
  10. Case of the mysterious empty no-path undeletable Folder ...

Case of the mysterious empty no-path undeletable Folder ...: I have a blank folder that shows up on file explorer but I cannot delete it. I tried to find it in dos, registry. When I do right hand click for context menu no name, information or tabs appear. Computer runs perfectly but this folder is annoying. How can I remove folder....