Windows 10: Under action the only option is Allow. What does allow do?

Discus and support Under action the only option is Allow. What does allow do? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I've got this on my computer with "remediation incomplete" and is noted as severe. Trojan:Win32/Wacatac.A!ml. Under action the only option is... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by DarrellButler2, Feb 16, 2020.

1. Under action the only option is Allow. What does allow do?

I've got this on my computer with "remediation incomplete" and is noted as severe. Trojan:Win32/Wacatac.A!ml. Under action the only option is Allow. What does allow do?

:)

DarrellButler2, Feb 16, 2020

2. Why does Power Options -> Sleep -> Allow wake Timers -> Disabled not work?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest in Windows 10. We sincerely regret for the inconvenience caused.

• How do you think that Spotify is causing this issue?
    I suggest you to follow the below step and check if it helps

• Go to device manager.
    • Click on network adapters.
    • Right on the network adapters.
    • Click on power management.
    • Uncheck the option Allow this device to wake this computer.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, Feb 16, 2020
  3. Arun B J Win User
    'Allow a device to connect' is greyed out

Hi,

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: Run Hardware and Device troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your USB Port. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select
      Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top
      right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the
      view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.
    Step 2: I suggest you to check the Bluetooth Settings and check if it helps.

• Open Control Panel by clicking the
      Windows + X,

• In the Control Panel search box, type
      Bluetooth, and then click Change Bluetooth settings.

• In the Bluetooth Settings dialog box, click the
      Options tab and do any of the following:

• To make your computer discoverable to Bluetooth enabled devices, select the check box for
      Allow Bluetooth devices to find this computer.

• To allow you to add Bluetooth enabled devices to your computer, select the check box for
      Allow Bluetooth devices to connect to this computer.

• To be notified when a Bluetooth enabled device is trying to connect to your computer, select the check box for
      Alert me when a new Bluetooth device wants to connect.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Feb 16, 2020
  4. [Ion] Win User

Under action the only option is Allow. What does allow do?

Boincstats signature hotlinking no longer allowed ?

Yup ask W1zzard...when the WCGSig.com image wasn't allowed he stepped up the game and offered to host it on the TPU servers. Love it!

[Ion], Feb 16, 2020
Thema:

Under action the only option is Allow. What does allow do?

1. Under action the only option is Allow. What does allow do? - Similar Threads - Under action option

2. If I allow a threat restored... what does that mean

in Windows 10 Gaming
    If I allow a threat restored... what does that mean: I restored a threat that I think has virus, what will happen to my computer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/if-i-allow-a-threat-restored-what-does-that-mean/eab08be8-b03d-43b7-8176-b1367fb519d6
  3. If I allow a threat restored... what does that mean

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    If I allow a threat restored... what does that mean: I restored a threat that I think has virus, what will happen to my computer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/if-i-allow-a-threat-restored-what-does-that-mean/eab08be8-b03d-43b7-8176-b1367fb519d6
  4. What are these allowed apps in windows firewall? They were orginally allowed.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What are these allowed apps in windows firewall? They were orginally allowed.: Here is a photo https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-are-these-allowed-apps-in-windows-firewall/fbe1519e-f241-463d-80f0-9d7c21bb3320
  5. Does Windows 11 Pro allow smb1 under any circumstances?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does Windows 11 Pro allow smb1 under any circumstances?: How can I be sure that SMB1 doesn't get activated ever?Under Windows Features in Control Panel there is a setting "SMB 1.0/CIFS File Sharing Support". And I see "SMB 1.0/CIFS Automatic Removal". What worries me is the popup description that says, "Automatically removes...
  6. Does Windows 11 Pro allow smb1 under any circumstances?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Does Windows 11 Pro allow smb1 under any circumstances?: How can I be sure that SMB1 doesn't get activated ever?Under Windows Features in Control Panel there is a setting "SMB 1.0/CIFS File Sharing Support". And I see "SMB 1.0/CIFS Automatic Removal". What worries me is the popup description that says, "Automatically removes...
  7. "Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device?" But the only option is no....

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    "Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device?" But the only option is no....: I tried to put a log in password to my pc, then i removed and now i cannot install anything. It says: "do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device?" But the only option is no. I tried netwiz and it still shows. Anything that requires admin privileges i cannot...
  8. Actions -> Allow Does nothing for "blocked" app

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Actions -> Allow Does nothing for "blocked" app: Windows decided this week was the week to delete a trustworthy app because there was PUP in the installer. Low risk, but hey let's screw up the user's life.In protection history, I have an entry. It says Status: Remove. Date was around the last time I ran windows update,...
  9. Microsoft Edge - allow only

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft Edge - allow only: Posted many times in many places with no resolution... perhaps here... you already no the question if you are part of the MS team... "Allow Always" is missing from the options when a website requires Adobe Flash while using Microsoft Edge...
  10. (Allow option) in a AV program.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    (Allow option) in a AV program.: I'm looking for a AV (AntiVirus) program that has an Allow Threat or something close on its popup's. I wish not to always send the program away or have it blocked. I know i can add it into the program itself but that has to be done every week when the file is uploaded to me....