Windows 10: Under printers and devices, my printer shows "no driver available" Is this why my fax isn't...

Discus and support Under printers and devices, my printer shows "no driver available" Is this why my fax isn't... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Under printers and devices, my printer shows "no driver available" Is this why my fax isn't working? Microsoft did a complete update recently and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by PETERDAVIDSON6, Oct 7, 2019.

1. Under printers and devices, my printer shows "no driver available" Is this why my fax isn't...

Under printers and devices, my printer shows "no driver available" Is this why my fax isn't working?

Microsoft did a complete update recently and fouled up many settings.....

:)

PETERDAVIDSON6, Oct 7, 2019

2. Printer isn´t working after latest update.

After the latest update from Windows, my Canon Pixma ip6600 printer isnt working. In Device Manager it shows up as working properly but when I go to print it isn´t listed as an option in any programs. Troubleshoot suggests it´s a USB 2 printer on a USB
    3 port and that that´s the problem but that cant be since it worked fine before the update. I´ve tried to uninstall and plug it back in but that doesn´t work either.

Sigurdur WilliamBrynjarsson, Oct 7, 2019
  3. Printer isn´t working after latest update.

Managed to solve it... here´s how I did it just in case anyone else has the same problem...

->Settings

->Printers & scanners

->Add a printer or scanner

->The printer that I want isn´t listed

->Add a local printer or network printer with manual settings

->Use an existing port: USB001 (Virtual printer port for USB)

->Choose printer

->Use the driver that is currently installed

->Type printer name

And done... =P

Sigurdur WilliamBrynjarsson, Oct 7, 2019
  4. Under printers and devices, my printer shows "no driver available" Is this why my fax isn't...

New Printer Not Showing in Devices & Printers (But Does Show in Device Manager)

Now I have no printers and Devices and Printers at all, not even a banner (but it still shows in Device Manager).

I have uninstalled all the new Brother printer driver & utilities programs (again) and rebooted (again). I also turned off MS XPS print services from Programs and Features, just in case. In Device Manager, I clicked ‘Show hidden devices’ and found
    three instances of the old printer plus the old Prolific Parallel – USB adapter cable (now returned & refunded). All these were ghosted out but I uninstalled all of them anyway.

I checked ‘spooling’ in ‘Services’ and this is set to ‘Automatic’ (and is ‘Running’).

These posts did not help:

1)

Windows 10 - Epson C88+ not showing in devices and printers

Let us try few of the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Try to update the drivers for printer in Device Manager:

• Right click on Start button and select
      Device Manager.
    • Expand Print queues, right click on the drivers and click on
      Update driver software.
    • Restart the computer and check if the issue persists.
    Step 2: If the device is not detected on your computer try to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

Hardware and Devices troubleshooter checks for common problems and makes sure that any new device or hardware connected to your PC is installed correctly.

• Press Windows key from the keyboard, type
      Troubleshooting and select it.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner of
      Troubleshooting window.
    • Select the Hardware and Device options from the list.
    • Click Next to run the Hardware and Device
      Troubleshooter
    Step 3: I suggest you to run Printer troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + X, click on Control Panel, select
      Category and then select Large or Small icons.
    • Click on Troubleshooting and click on
      View all in the left pane.
    • Select Printer and follow on-screen instructions.

2)

https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/17420/windows-printer-problems

= ‘Fix printer problems’ on MS Support

I do not understand why I’m having so many problems but am desperate for help – please!

Chris

ChrisOfTheOT, Oct 7, 2019
Thema:

Under printers and devices, my printer shows "no driver available" Is this why my fax isn't...

1. Under printers and devices, my printer shows "no driver available" Is this why my fax isn't... - Similar Threads - Under printers devices

2. SHOWING PRINTER DRIVER NOT AVAILABLE

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    SHOWING PRINTER DRIVER NOT AVAILABLE: MY LAPTOP IS SHOWING DRIVER NOT AVAILABLE WHEN I CONNECT MY PRINTER CUM SCANNER VIA USB.ALSO WHEN UPDATING DRIVER IT SHOW NO DRIVER FOUND. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/showing-printer-driver-not-available/d4f2d082-666b-4598-9eec-1b850e393364
  3. SHOWING PRINTER DRIVER NOT AVAILABLE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SHOWING PRINTER DRIVER NOT AVAILABLE: MY LAPTOP IS SHOWING DRIVER NOT AVAILABLE WHEN I CONNECT MY PRINTER CUM SCANNER VIA USB.ALSO WHEN UPDATING DRIVER IT SHOW NO DRIVER FOUND. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/showing-printer-driver-not-available/d4f2d082-666b-4598-9eec-1b850e393364
  4. SHOWING PRINTER DRIVER NOT AVAILABLE

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. What is the Fax Device in my Devices and Printers Folder?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is the Fax Device in my Devices and Printers Folder?: What is the Fax Device in my Devices and Printers Folder? Do I need this device? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-the-fax-device-in-my-devices-and-printers/4a9fe67e-6336-4bab-b0a4-aa3e9f9cb9b2
  6. What is the Fax Device in my Devices and Printers Folder?

What is the Fax Device in my Devices and Printers Folder?: What is the Fax Device in my Devices and Printers Folder? Do I need this device? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-the-fax-device-in-my-devices-and-printers/4a9fe67e-6336-4bab-b0a4-aa3e9f9cb9b2
  7. What is the Fax Device in my Devices and Printers Folder?

8. my printer and fax are the same device, and window recognize only the printer in the devices

my printer and fax are the same device, and window recognize only the printer in the devices: i have laserjet pro mep m227fdwand its both fax and printer, when i add the device through the device and printers section it only shows printer no fax,so if i want to send fax from word then i can't cause i can choose only the printer...
  9. Why doesn't Device Manager show the my printer driver version?

Why doesn't Device Manager show the my printer driver version?: Why doesn't Device Manager show the my printer driver version? It isn't shown in control panel > printers either. Printer is Epson Worforce WF-4740 Windows 10 version 1909. [img] 171974
  10. No printer drive available for Printer under Devices and Printer

No printer drive available for Printer under Devices and Printer: Under printers and devices, my printer shows "no driver available" Is this why my fax isn't working? Microsoft did a complete update recently and fouled up many settings..... ***Modified title from: Under printers and devices, my printer shows "no driver available" Is...