Windows 10: Under "Storage" on my laptop the "Other" folder has a lot of space that is unaccounted for,...

Discus and support Under "Storage" on my laptop the "Other" folder has a lot of space that is unaccounted for,... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; What do they mean by "we couldn't characterize?" and where are the other 70+ GB worth of files? Can someone please help me find those files? [ATTACH]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MatthewMatthew6, Oct 26, 2020.

1. Under "Storage" on my laptop the "Other" folder has a lot of space that is unaccounted for,...

What do they mean by "we couldn't characterize?" and where are the other 70+ GB worth of files? Can someone please help me find those files?

Under "Storage" on my laptop the "Other" folder has a lot of space that is unaccounted for,... b9f99cdd-f705-4407-a602-4697bf498a28?upload=true.png

:)

MatthewMatthew6, Oct 26, 2020

2. Unaccounted for Dell Laptop Hard Drive space on C: drive SSD

I have a Dell Inspiron 3793 running Windows 10 Home version 1909. The C drive is a 256GB SSD, and I am noticing a bunch of unaccounted for hard drive space (see pictures below). Drive properties show 163GB used, but when I select all the files they only total to 94GB (69GB unaccounted for). If you look on the WinDirStat listing below, there is a 32GB file labelled "<Unknown>". What is going on? What can I do to free up the space?

Under "Storage" on my laptop the "Other" folder has a lot of space that is unaccounted for,... [​IMG]

Under "Storage" on my laptop the "Other" folder has a lot of space that is unaccounted for,... [​IMG]

amorphous999, Oct 26, 2020
  3. Storage Space Unaccounted For - Nokia Lumia 521

Hi all,

I have a Nokia Lumia 521 and am running desperately low on storage space.

Here are my storage space stats:

apps + games - 0 bytes

music + videos - 0 bytes

pictures - 48.33 MB

documents - 0 bytes

maps - 0 bytes

email + messaging - 0 bytes

system - 1.96 GB

temp. files - 0 bytes

The problem is that my phone says 6.38 GB are used and that I only have 868.78 MB free. Obviously, the numbers don't add up. Where is this unaccounted space and how can I retrieve it?

Also, I don't seem to understand why apps+games; email+messaging both show 0 bytes, when I am clearly using those features of my phone...someone please help!

Thanks!

arielcraze, Oct 26, 2020
  4. Under "Storage" on my laptop the "Other" folder has a lot of space that is unaccounted for,...

I have an HP Stream Laptop and I keep running out of storage space

Hi Jay,

If a category can't show the folders that it contains, there is a possibility that the folders are somehow hidden. To maximize your PC's storage, follow the suggested steps in these links:

If further help is needed, let us know.

Darleen Pen, Oct 26, 2020
Thema:

Under "Storage" on my laptop the "Other" folder has a lot of space that is unaccounted for,...

1. Under "Storage" on my laptop the "Other" folder has a lot of space that is unaccounted for,... - Similar Threads - Under Storage laptop

2. Other folder in storage has taking my space in PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Other folder in storage has taking my space in PC: Hello guys I using Lenovo V14-IWL with 222 SSD and 2TB HDD with 8GB RAM and the Other folder has taking up large space. Could we fix this issue?...
  3. Other folder in storage has taking my space in PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Other folder in storage has taking my space in PC: Hello guys I using Lenovo V14-IWL with 222 SSD and 2TB HDD with 8GB RAM and the Other folder has taking up large space. Could we fix this issue?...
  4. System>Storage>Other is using a lot of space

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System>Storage>Other is using a lot of space: Can I see what is using a lot of space in system>storage>other?...like in my laptop it is showing other 8.54gb is used but doesnt show which folder is using only a few folders are showing.It is written that" THESE ARE SOME OF THE LARGEST FOLDERS WE COULDNT CHARACTERIZE. THESE...
  5. System>Storage>Other is using a lot of space

System>Storage>Other is using a lot of space: Can I see what is using a lot of space in system>storage>other?...like in my laptop it is showing other 8.54gb is used but doesnt show which folder is using only a few folders are showing.It is written that" THESE ARE SOME OF THE LARGEST FOLDERS WE COULDNT CHARACTERIZE. THESE...
  6. Unaccounted Storage Space

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unaccounted Storage Space: Howdy y'all,I'm not entirely sure if this has been asked, but I am having an issue that I don't know how to resolve. I am using a 5 year old HP Zbook 15u with 217 GB of storage. As of late my storage has quickly filled up and I only have about 16.1 GB left of free space....
  7. Unaccounted Storage Space

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unaccounted Storage Space: Howdy y'all,I'm not entirely sure if this has been asked, but I am having an issue that I don't know how to resolve. I am using a 5 year old HP Zbook 15u with 217 GB of storage. As of late my storage has quickly filled up and I only have about 16.1 GB left of free space....
  8. Unaccounted Storage Space

9. LOTS of Ram usage unaccounted for

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    LOTS of Ram usage unaccounted for: So, I've got 32GB of RAM, and I'm currently, with Chrome(4tabs) and Discord open, no games running, sitting at around 20GB of RAM being used(In Use in task manager). I called bs on that and decided to just start adding the numbers up from what i see in task manager's...
  10. Other people under storage take up large space

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Other people under storage take up large space: On the 20h1 builds in the fast lane, under settings-system-storage the "Other people" category takes up a large amount of disk space and increasing at a rapid rate. I have only one account (administrator) on this PC. You can turn all sync options off - nothing happens. I...