Windows 10: Under the boot menu tab, the only OS listed is windows 7.

Discus and support Under the boot menu tab, the only OS listed is windows 7. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Upon starting windows (10) I'm constantly being shown the boot manager and the only OS I can choose from is windows 7. I am using W10 having upgraded... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MrIrish, Aug 19, 2015.

1. MrIrish Win User

Under the boot menu tab, the only OS listed is windows 7.

Upon starting windows (10) I'm constantly being shown the boot manager and the only OS I can choose from is windows 7. I am using W10 having upgraded from W7. Windows still boots but the startup times vary from 15sec to around 3min.

Here is a screenshot of my boot tab in msconfig and a screenshot of mt disc management screen.

- Album on Imgur

Any ideas?

:)

MrIrish, Aug 19, 2015

2. Can't switch back to 7 on dual-boot 10?

The booted OS will always be correctly seen as C. This is normal.

Is this the free Upgrade? If you're using Windows 7 to qualify for it then it's license is not available to use again until Windows 10 partition is deleted. You can only use one at a time.

If you used a separate license for Windows 10, then it should be able to work as a Dual Boot. Install

EasyBCD (click Download - no Name or Email required)
    to Windows 10 If it doesn't show both OS's in the listings click the Add OS tab to

add Windows 7 by Name, Type and drive letter shown in explorer. Save setting and reboot to Dual Boot menu. You can adjust the timeout and default OS in EasyBCD Edit OS tab.

If Windows 7 is already listed in the Easy listings then you'd need to delete it first on the Edit OS tab before Adding it. THis is also how to resolve any problems where an OS stops booting once you add it.

Just to be sure please
    Post a screenshot of Disk Mgmt - Microsoft Community

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, Aug 19, 2015
  3. Windows 10 corrupts Windows 7 OS on a separate hard drive - Both OSes are switched in BIOS

Thank you for your swift reply.

However, your question seems to suggest you have not understood my configuration.

There is only ever one OS running and which one is running is determined by me manually setting the boot drive in BIOS.

To re-iterate: Disk 0 has Windows 7 SP1 and Disk 1: has Windows 10 Pro installed.

To answer your question:

There is only ever 1 entry in the boot tab of system configuration following is shown in boot for each of the two drives when that OS is running:

When disk 0 is the boot drive msconfig boot tab shows: Windows 7 SP1 (C:\Windows) : Current OS; Default OS

When disk 1 is the boot drive msconfig boot tab shows: Windows 10 (C:\Windows) : Current OS; Default OS

Mosaddique, Aug 19, 2015
Thema:

Under the boot menu tab, the only OS listed is windows 7.

1. Under the boot menu tab, the only OS listed is windows 7. - Similar Threads - Under boot menu

2. Property Drop-Down Menu under Details Tab

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Property Drop-Down Menu under Details Tab: When I go to device manager and click on let's say human interface devices and then click on properties properties in the drop down menu list in the details tab tab I get items that look something like {3464f7a4-2444-40b1-980a-e090ecb6d912} [10]What the hell are these??Here's...
  3. Property Drop-Down Menu under Details Tab

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Property Drop-Down Menu under Details Tab: When I go to device manager and click on let's say human interface devices and then click on properties properties in the drop down menu list in the details tab tab I get items that look something like {3464f7a4-2444-40b1-980a-e090ecb6d912} [10]What the hell are these??Here's...
  4. Property Drop-Down Menu under Details Tab

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Add new OS to boot menu

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Add new OS to boot menu: Hey all, I'm trying to add a cloned SSD with an existing Win10 OS on it to a new Lenovo Ideacentre workstation . The Lenovo has an M.2 drive (GPT) where the system partition/ boot menu resides as well as its own OS. The cloned SSD drive is MBR but I have been able to get...
  6. msconfig has not os listed in Boot section

msconfig has not os listed in Boot section: Ms config has no OS listed in boot section. I think this is why I am Having a problem. ""Sorry, we're having trouble determining if your PC can run windows 10."" It is running windows 10 system properties Startup and recovery system startup Default operating...
  7. Only List on Start Menu, Not Icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Only List on Start Menu, Not Icons: I want my Start Menu to show only a list of programs/files/folders, like this: [img] but when I choose "Pin to Start" I get big, obnoxious icons which cause the Start Menu to expand much too far over the desktop, like this: [img] How can I cause additions to the...
  8. No listing under MSConfig Boot tab / not sure what to do

No listing under MSConfig Boot tab / not sure what to do: I recently upgraded my SSD from a 500 GB drive to a 1 TB drive. I cloned the drive with Arocnis True Image 2016. It seemed to work, but then it wouldn't boot up. I followed some instructions I found on another forum about how to repair the bcd (booting up using the Windows 10...
  9. Boot partition listed twice in boot menu

Boot partition listed twice in boot menu: I have windows 7, 8 and 10 dual boot. I decided to set 7 as the boot drive after having 10 and when I did, the boot menu and MSConfig both list 7 twice on the same partition and I cannot find Boot.ini. How do I get rid of the second listing of 7 in the boot menu? [img]...
  10. Removing a OS from boot menu?

Removing a OS from boot menu?: So i got a new hard drive and installed it few days ago and when i boot up, it asks me every time, which OS i want to boot up. This gets annoying since I only have 1 and I can't find the boot.ini anywhere and websites don't specify how to remove an OS from the boot up screen....