Windows 10: Under what folder should the diagcab be located?

Discus and support Under what folder should the diagcab be located? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I noticed that the troubleshooting pack cabinet is located under my documents folder. Where should this actually be located? Must have inadvertently... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by barb_699, Jul 7, 2019.

1. barb_699 Win User

Under what folder should the diagcab be located?

I noticed that the troubleshooting pack cabinet is located under my documents folder. Where should this actually be located? Must have inadvertently moved it but don't know where to put it. Thanks in advance for your reply to solve the issue.

:)

barb_699, Jul 7, 2019
  2. Nicrite Win User

Vista Ultimate - 'User' Folder Location

No tried that.

Can copy the entire folder to D; but Windows still points to C as the location. Can change personal folders location to a folder on D;, but this still leaves hidden files etc on C;. Thus meaning there are 2 Users folders. Have managed to change the Public folder location to D;, with some registry tweaks, but this doesnt seem to work for the entire folder.

any more suggestions

Nicrite, Jul 7, 2019
  3. Downloads folder is the Documents folder

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Restore to Default the folders and document settings and see if it helps.

Step 1:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Download folder.
    • Right click on the Download Folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.

Step 2:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Documents folder.
    • Right click on the Document folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.
    After performing above steps change the settings as you required and check if it helps.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Jul 7, 2019
  4. mrgeek Win User

Correct Directory Location For Pictures Folder

"Now Documents, Videos etc say file location is This PC. But Pictures file location is C:\Users\PeteyBoPetey\Pictures."

If we understand you correctly, the issue is that Pictures doesn't appear in the left panel under This PC. The correct location IS C:\Users\PeteyBoPetey\Pictures. This is only an issue of using Step 8 in the tutorial to add it back to the list. See if this screenshot is what you want to achieve- put Pictures folder back in list on L.

Under what folder should the diagcab be located? [​IMG]

mrgeek, Jul 7, 2019
Thema:

1. Under what folder should the diagcab be located? - Similar Threads - Under folder should

2. Audio 10.diagcab

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio 10.diagcab: Audio 10.diagcab looks like it may be unsafe to download, and I don't want to harm my computer. In the download bar it shows something concerning I will upload the image, but it says this type of file can harm your device, and the other time it said this file can't be...
  3. Audio 10.diagcab

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio 10.diagcab: Audio 10.diagcab looks like it may be unsafe to download, and I don't want to harm my computer. In the download bar it shows something concerning I will upload the image, but it says this type of file can harm your device, and the other time it said this file can't be...
  4. Audio 10.diagcab

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Should I store my files and folders under This PC, or under Libraries?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Should I store my files and folders under This PC, or under Libraries?: In File Explorer, should I store my files and folders under This PC, or under Libraries? I have heard conflicting opinions. They are currently all under This PC....
  6. Should I store my files and folders under This PC, or under Libraries?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Should I store my files and folders under This PC, or under Libraries?: In File Explorer, should I store my files and folders under This PC, or under Libraries? I have heard conflicting opinions. They are currently all under This PC....
  7. Should I store my files and folders under This PC, or under Libraries?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Diagcab

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Diagcab: Boa tarde, tudo bem?Preciso do arquivo que estava postado no link abaixo, mas o mesmo está offline, conseguiriam de algum forma me enviar este arquivo?https://aka.ms/diag_cssemerg11005O mesmo é mencionado neste post do fórum da Microsoft....
  9. What Windows 10 laptop should I get under $300?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What Windows 10 laptop should I get under $300?: I'm on a tight budget of about $300 max. I want Windows 10 and I'd like Windows Hello face unlock or a fingerprint reader. I might also do some light gaming on it. Any suggestions? I'm currently considering the ASUS VivoBook:...
  10. What folders should appear under the Users folder?

in Windows 10 Support
    What folders should appear under the Users folder?: I really thought the names of user accounts would be seen in the Users folder, but aside from the recognized "user accounts" of my own, Public, and Administrator, I have the following: .NET v4.5 .NET v4.5 Classic All Users Default Default User Default.migrated...