Windows 10: Under Win 10, file explorer stopped working

Discus and support Under Win 10, file explorer stopped working in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; The file explorer stopped working. I tried to start the sfc /scannow utility, however the dos cmd prompt for admin does not come up. I tried a regular... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Jeff L, Aug 23, 2015.

1. Jeff L Win User

Under Win 10, file explorer stopped working

The file explorer stopped working. I tried to start the sfc /scannow utility, however the dos cmd prompt for admin does not come up. I tried a regular dos command, but apparently does not have admin privileges. My computer account has admin privileges.

Any advise?

:)

Jeff L, Aug 23, 2015

2. File Explorer has gone crazy after last nights upgrade.

My only has icons instead of full descriptions. I can not get back to a point where I have tabs that actually say something. Please tell me how to get my view repaired? help... Help.... HELP!!!

File Explorer, Aug 23, 2015
  3. koolking Win User
    Win 10 skips File Explorer

Hello,

I'm on the desktop (with all the tiles) and I click on File Explorer. From there I click on a file to open it and when I am finished with that file I click to exit it. Instead of just closing that file, as I want it to do, Win 10 skips File Explorer and goes
    back to the desktop and I have to re-click on File Explorer again to work on another file. How can I get Win 10 to stop doing that?

TIA,

RS

koolking, Aug 23, 2015
  4. Under Win 10, file explorer stopped working

Have you tried to run trouble shooter that may fix the problem

hTconeM9user, Aug 23, 2015
Thema:

Under Win 10, file explorer stopped working

1. Under Win 10, file explorer stopped working - Similar Threads - Under file explorer

2. Win 10 - File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Win 10 - File Explorer: Is it possible to always have column headings in File Explorer regardless of view mode? I sometimes like to sort my large file icons by date modified or size etc ... without having to do multiple sorting. Thanks....
  3. Win 10 - File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 10 - File Explorer: Is it possible to always have column headings in File Explorer regardless of view mode? I sometimes like to sort my large file icons by date modified or size etc ... without having to do multiple sorting. Thanks....
  4. Win 10 - File Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Win 10 stopped working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win 10 stopped working: Win 10 has stopped working. How can I get a replacement? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-10-stopped-working/1f7b1665-bf79-40bf-aae5-81d96912627f
  6. Thumbnails in File Explorer stop working

Thumbnails in File Explorer stop working: Hi, I have had a long standing issue that comes and goes without any reason. I would be grateful of any help or advise or if Microsoft can confirm they are fixing this issue. I use a lot of photos in my working life and seeing them as thumbnails is very important to me....
  7. file explorer has stopped working

file explorer has stopped working: file explorer has stopped working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-has-stopped-working/32d4c912-9faf-48ab-8b00-048d510f4777"
  8. External USB DVD stopped working or showing up in file explorer on Win 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External USB DVD stopped working or showing up in file explorer on Win 10: So I bought an inexpensive Optiarc USB DVD drive for my Acer Aspire E5-575G, and initially had to go through numerous steps troubleshooting before i finally got it to work. I've had to do registry edits, driver searches, and every other troubleshooting method I could find on...
  9. Win 10 Stops Working

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 Stops Working: I have 2 desktops. I downloaded win 10 preview on no 1 After a few minutes of log on time it just quits. The Drive light flickers but the scree goes to SAMNSUNG the Logo for the monitor MFG. I figured it was something wrong on my hardware. I took the computer apart & did...
  10. File Explorer stopped working.

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer stopped working.: Hi, I upgraded to W10 on the 31st July and all well apart from intermittent stoppages in File Explorer. There have been 4 stoppages over this period and an identical one at boot up this morning. It is reported in Reliability Monitor although I have neither seen or...