Windows 10: Underclock cpu to achieve low temps

Discus and support Underclock cpu to achieve low temps in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a laptop that gets up to about 51c and id like to underclock to here my fsb (front side bus) matches my ram and lower the temps. The problem... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by smirk24, Jan 30, 2019.

1. smirk24 Win User

Underclock cpu to achieve low temps

I have a laptop that gets up to about 51c and id like to underclock to here my fsb (front side bus) matches my ram and lower the temps.

The problem of doing so is: i dont have the options in my bios so im hoping its still possible to do so.

:)

smirk24, Jan 30, 2019

2. CPU underclocked since upgrade to Win 10

Upgraded to Windows 10 yesterday (finally!) and really love the new OS. However, since the update my CPU (Celeron 900) has been running underclocked @ 1.89-2.00 GHz instead of the normal 2.2 GHz. The laptop is always plugged in and runs @ 100% CPU 24/7
    due to distributed computing program called BOINC that I have installed that uses all spare CPU cycles. This underclocking never occurred on Win7 so I doubt its a thermal throttling issue. Is there a way to correct this? Also, what happened to Turbo Boost
    ? I have a Win 8.1 laptop ready for upgrade but will not do so if I will lose turbo and experience underclocking as well. Please help prevent me from taking the unwanted step of reverting to Win7.

skivelitis, Jan 30, 2019
  3. BulldogXX Win User
    win10 64x 1803 underclocking cpu cores

To effectively underclock your CPU you'll need to reduce the voltages. An update can't do that.

BulldogXX, Jan 30, 2019
  4. Underclock cpu to achieve low temps

underclocked cpu can it be made to run faster

hi

i read somewhere n8 has 772 mhz cpu underclocked

is it possible to utilize the full power of cpu

most importantly will it improveteh n8 xperience???

how will it effect battery life?

except for n8 requiring charging everyday post anaa i have no issues with my n8 its an awesome phone

gs2011---01, Jan 30, 2019
Thema:

Underclock cpu to achieve low temps

1. Underclock cpu to achieve low temps - Similar Threads - Underclock cpu achieve

2. CPU temp very high on low load

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CPU temp very high on low load: I've noticed since a few days ago, my PC fans have been running very hard. I thought it was the settings on BIOS, so I checked and the settings were still the same. However, once I dug deeper and used RealTemps to check the temps of my CPU, turns out it's my CPU that is...
  3. CPU temp very high on low load

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CPU temp very high on low load: I've noticed since a few days ago, my PC fans have been running very hard. I thought it was the settings on BIOS, so I checked and the settings were still the same. However, once I dug deeper and used RealTemps to check the temps of my CPU, turns out it's my CPU that is...
  4. CPU doesnot underclock at balanced mode after 22H2 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CPU doesnot underclock at balanced mode after 22H2 update: I have done a clean install of Win 11 22H2 since 21H2 was not available on my Acer Nitro 5AN-515-58, the power plan issue seems to exist still and my CPU runs on turbo boost in balanced mode even on idle. It only appears to downclock when I turn on power efficiency mode but...
  5. Why is my CPU so massively underclocked

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is my CPU so massively underclocked: I have a asuszenbook pro duo 14 windows 11 with a 11th gen intelR CoreTM i7-1165g7 @ 2.80Hz and its been massively underclocled running at gigahertz of 0.20 - 1.55 ghz but sometimes it is normal like 2.50ghz-3.55ghz but most of the time its underclocked whats the issue and...
  6. Why is my CPU so massively underclocked

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my CPU so massively underclocked: I have a asuszenbook pro duo 14 windows 11 with a 11th gen intelR CoreTM i7-1165g7 @ 2.80Hz and its been massively underclocled running at gigahertz of 0.20 - 1.55 ghz but sometimes it is normal like 2.50ghz-3.55ghz but most of the time its underclocked whats the issue and...
  7. Low CPU, Low GPU, Low Temp, Low FPS drops and delayed/sluggish controller input

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Low CPU, Low GPU, Low Temp, Low FPS drops and delayed/sluggish controller input: Hi, I'm currently facing an issue where games suddenly drop to a crawl of sometimes 4-5 fps ... while playing at 60+ fps seconds before. After a couple of seconds the fps go up again and recent controller input is 'played' as if it got recorded/buffered. My system; i9...
  8. Underclocked

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Underclocked: Hi, I have an IdeaPad i5-7200U, 2.7 GHZ Windows 10 64-bit 256 GB SSD 8 GB RAM Intel HD 620 Graphics And whenever playing a game or doing an application, this error comes! [ATTACH]...
  9. win10 64x 1803 underclocking cpu cores

in Windows 10 Customization
    win10 64x 1803 underclocking cpu cores: Sa of the last update I am getting low cpu core clocks, sometimes across all 6 cores. This is happening most often during high intenses tasks when playing a video game. Default stock frequency is 2.8 ghz when the cpu should be around 800 mhz to 3.3 ghz on thee cores. it...
  10. CPU Temp Questions

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    CPU Temp Questions: Hi All I checked with RealTemp GT (believe is multi core part of it) was going up to the High 70's and 80's, Ambient Temp of apartment around 75F (room doesn't feel hot to myself, just comfy) Running Windows Defender for moment, (not sure if that could raise the temps or...