Windows 10: Underclocking processor

Discus and support Underclocking processor in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hiiiii....i have upgrade my pc from windows 1803 to 1809 but now my processor get underclocked from 2.5Ghz to 1.1Ghz.. When i boot my pc to safe mode... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by snehalbagde, May 2, 2019.

1. Underclocking processor

Hiiiii....i have upgrade my pc from windows 1803 to 1809 but now my processor get underclocked from 2.5Ghz to 1.1Ghz..

When i boot my pc to safe mode then it run normally with its full clock speed but in normal mode it get underclock again.

So guys please help me to fix this

:)

snehalbagde, May 2, 2019

2. why is the N97 processor underclocked?

anyone who's used the 97 would agree with me on this- the 97 could have been better if it had a little more processing power.

out of curiosity, what's nokia's reason to underclock the processor? to save on battery and produce less heat? is it technically feasible for nokia to come up with a firmware update that makes the 97's processor run at its native clock speed? can it be overclocked?
    Whats the native clock speed of the 97's processor? And could it be possible to add /swap (virtual memory) support on the 97 like maemo? It would be great if we could make use of a part of that 32GB as RAM.

jheel_online, May 2, 2019
  3. btarunr Win User
    Intel Gives Core i3 and Core i5 Dual-Core Processors K0 Stepping Update

Intel is giving some existing 32 nm "Clarkdale" based Core i3 and Core i5 processors an update. The processors will transition to the new K0 stepping from the existing C2 stepping. The parts that will be made on the K0 silicon are Core i3 models 530 (new sSPEC: SLBX7), 540 (new sSPEC: SLBTD) and Core i5 models 650 (new sSPEC: SLBTJ), 660/661 (SLBTK/SLBTB), 670 (SLBTL). Newer and upcoming models such as the i3-550, i3-560, i5-665K, and i5-680 are already being built on the K0 stepping die. Motherboards will require a BIOS update to support the new K0 stepping processors.

The K0 stepping change includes the following highlights:
    • New S-spec and MM numbers for the converting products
    • Extended CPUID will change from 0x00020652 to 0x00020655
    • Host RevID will change from 0x12 to 0x18
    • K0 stepping package is pin compatible with C2 stepping package
    • Adds Processor Context ID (PCID) support
    The revised older SKUs that are built on K0 stepping will be market-available by October 16.

btarunr, May 2, 2019
  4. sillbit Win User

Underclocking processor

why is the N97 processor underclocked?

Everything is always possible, the question is how useful it is.

You seem to be throwing ideas around without really understanding what you are talking about, which makes it less meaningful to respond.

How can you, for instance, claim that the processor is underclocked when you have no idea what frequency it runs at, or what the theoretical maximum is? Nor understand what the effect would be of having the processor run at a higher frequency.

In short, yes, the N97 is unfortunately a bit short on a few resources. I have not seen any evidence that processing power is the problem. The CPU can run at different frequencies in order to save power and reduce heat. But you can rest assure that the processor
    is running as fast as possible when needed. It runs at lower speeds when the computations don't need to be produced faster than can be done at that speed.

Yes, there is too little ram in the device. This is obvious when you get messages from the device saying things basically mean you need to close some application. Also obvious at times when you run some program that consume lots of memory, and it suddenly
    quit, and you need to restart it (such as the messaging application when reading in large mailboxes for email).

This can be "helped" if you have virtual memory, and use disk as a page file. This is what you suggest. However, the resutl of that is that while programs will not abort, they will become slower. If speed is your problem, then adding a page file will not
    help.

Another issue is the size of C: on the device. This is a problem since some programs must be installed on C:, and some programs only use C: for storing data that is needed.

However, reinstalling software to E:, as well as changing those applications that can to use E: as well solves much of this problem.

One perhaps larger problem is the speed of both C: or E:, which cause problems when something happens, such as receiving a phone call. At that point, the phone needs to search through the phone book in order to get a name matching the callers number. This
    can take a while. After this, you might want to display a picture for the caller, which also means reading from C: or E:. In addition to this, you want to play some tune, which is another file from C: or E:. At this point it should be obvious that you are
    reading a lot of stuff from C: or E: at the time you receive a phone call. The mass storage memories are not as fast as ram, and it would appear that the speed of these are also a bottleneck in the N97. Using a pagefile from these slow memories is probably
    not something that people would be happy with (and I don't even know if Symbian is written in a way that allows processes to use a page file).

So in short, the problems in the N97 cannot be solved with less than a hardware redesign. Most speed problems are solveable, and the solutions are easy and well known. However, they all require more ram (to use as caches), which is the one thing missing
    in the N97.

So in the end, the one main problem with the N97 is the lack of ram.

Look at the specs of other "smart" phones, and you'll see that this is one thing where the N97 really comes up short.

Apple also semi-solves this problem by only allowing one program at a time to run (thus limiting the amount of ram needed), but this limitation is not something that impress people around here much. (And yes, I know that the new version of the Apple iPhone
    OS have "multitasking", but it's not really much more of multitasking than before...)

sillbit, May 2, 2019
Thema:

Underclocking processor

1. Underclocking processor - Similar Threads - Underclocking processor

2. CPU doesnot underclock at balanced mode after 22H2 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CPU doesnot underclock at balanced mode after 22H2 update: I have done a clean install of Win 11 22H2 since 21H2 was not available on my Acer Nitro 5AN-515-58, the power plan issue seems to exist still and my CPU runs on turbo boost in balanced mode even on idle. It only appears to downclock when I turn on power efficiency mode but...
  3. CPU doesnot underclock at balanced mode after 22H2 update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CPU doesnot underclock at balanced mode after 22H2 update: I have done a clean install of Win 11 22H2 since 21H2 was not available on my Acer Nitro 5AN-515-58, the power plan issue seems to exist still and my CPU runs on turbo boost in balanced mode even on idle. It only appears to downclock when I turn on power efficiency mode but...
  4. How to underclock the computer with software, instead of BIOS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to underclock the computer with software, instead of BIOS: Hello! I have an Asus G733CX with an i9-12950HX. When the laptop is connected to the power supply it uses all it's power, but it does not make any sense. I have noticed that when playing youtube videos, the clock will go up to 4000Mhz, and the chip will heat up to crazy 85º....
  5. How to underclock the computer with software, instead of BIOS

How to underclock the computer with software, instead of BIOS: Hello! I have an Asus G733CX with an i9-12950HX. When the laptop is connected to the power supply it uses all it's power, but it does not make any sense. I have noticed that when playing youtube videos, the clock will go up to 4000Mhz, and the chip will heat up to crazy 85º....
  6. Why is my CPU so massively underclocked

Why is my CPU so massively underclocked: I have a asuszenbook pro duo 14 windows 11 with a 11th gen intelR CoreTM i7-1165g7 @ 2.80Hz and its been massively underclocled running at gigahertz of 0.20 - 1.55 ghz but sometimes it is normal like 2.50ghz-3.55ghz but most of the time its underclocked whats the issue and...
  7. Why is my CPU so massively underclocked

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my CPU so massively underclocked: I have a asuszenbook pro duo 14 windows 11 with a 11th gen intelR CoreTM i7-1165g7 @ 2.80Hz and its been massively underclocled running at gigahertz of 0.20 - 1.55 ghz but sometimes it is normal like 2.50ghz-3.55ghz but most of the time its underclocked whats the issue and...
  8. dwm.exe Crash and black screen unless underclocking

in Windows 10 Gaming
    dwm.exe Crash and black screen unless underclocking: Hi guys, I've had an issue for quite some time with a singular game-- DCS World. Any time that I load into the world on either multiplayer, or single player regardless of entering a plane or not, my GPU light turns off, its fans spin up all the way, and my monitor black...
  9. Underclocked

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Underclocked: Hi, I have an IdeaPad i5-7200U, 2.7 GHZ Windows 10 64-bit 256 GB SSD 8 GB RAM Intel HD 620 Graphics And whenever playing a game or doing an application, this error comes! [ATTACH]...
  10. Underclock cpu to achieve low temps

in Windows 10 Support
    Underclock cpu to achieve low temps: I have a laptop that gets up to about 51c and id like to underclock to here my fsb (front side bus) matches my ram and lower the temps. The problem of doing so is: i dont have the options in my bios so im hoping its still possible to do so. 126347

Users found this page by searching for:

1. underclock processor on windows 10

2. how to underclock i3

3. why is win 10 underclockin

4. windows 10 processor underclocking,
  5. underclocking after windows update,
  6. how to underclock i5,
  7. underclock i5,
  8. underclocking cores