Windows 10: Undergoing high CPU usage. Need Urgent Help.

Discus and support Undergoing high CPU usage. Need Urgent Help. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, So two weeks ago I had an issue related to High CPU and RAM usage. I was able to fix High Memory usage or memory leak but unfortunately CPU is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by OutofRhythm, Nov 29, 2018.

1. Undergoing high CPU usage. Need Urgent Help.

Hi,
    So two weeks ago I had an issue related to High CPU and RAM usage. I was able to fix High Memory usage or memory leak but unfortunately CPU is still spiking up. I have tried doing everything that I could but unfortunately i'm not able to read the trace I got from xperf.

Before this, I wiped my entire hard-drive, reinstalled windows 4-5 times (even after reallocating partitions) and checked malware. My cpu has a bad dimm slot though but before realizing, I had no issue with high cpu usage or memory. I even cleaned my cabinet and reapplied thermal paste.

I did make my pc work twice during after cpu spikes but starting after shutting down, cpu spiked up again. I always saw ntoskrnl to be the issue although if ntoskrnl calmed down, I had problems with any program that I start, ntoskrnl spiked up my cpu anyway. Plus I experienced a strange thing that whenever my cpu got stable, memory started to leak and vice versa. Another thing that I noticed is that whenever I start up my task manager (even after closing it and waiting for few seconds before opening back up), I saw System interrupt using up 100% of my CPU for a second or two before it showed ntoskrnl taking up 25-30% cpu usage along with diagnostic process service and wdm.

Please do have a look at the trace in the link and let me know the issue.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1BPDBei5C8hRSnHr1y4dFh5KQJf7ZodHD

I have a dell t5610 workstation
    CPU - Intel Xeon e5-v2 2.1 ghz powerboost to 3.2

Ram - 32GB (came down to 16 due to bad dimm slot)

GPU - Nvidia Quadro k4000

HDD - 1TB Toshiba

OS - Windows 10 1809 (October update)

Also if you need any other info, please let me know.

Thanks

:)

OutofRhythm, Nov 29, 2018

2. high cpu usage

After downloading windows 10, anytime I run any programs, I get high CPU usage. It does not matter whether it is google chrome, task manager, playing games, whatever. Anything seems to spike the CPU usage. I have already run malwarbytes and my antivirus
    programs and find no viruses. Any suggestions? Thanks.

JanMcCoy_827, Nov 29, 2018
  3. JamshedMuhammad Khan, Nov 29, 2018
  4. Eric Ber Win User

Undergoing high CPU usage. Need Urgent Help.

service host high cpu usage

Hi Natalie,

Conflicts with the Firewall & Network protection settings is one of the possible reasons why you are having a high cpu usage on your computer. We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps in this

thread
    that was provided by Jean-Baptiste Dumuids to resolve the issue. Many community members find his post helpful.

Should you need further assistance, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Eric Ber, Nov 29, 2018
Thema:

Undergoing high CPU usage. Need Urgent Help.

1. Undergoing high CPU usage. Need Urgent Help. - Similar Threads - Undergoing high CPU

2. High CPU and RAM usage - Urgent before Black Friday

in Windows 10 Gaming
    High CPU and RAM usage - Urgent before Black Friday: Please note that this is quite urgent, as Black Friday is right around the corner, so I'd prefer to purchase replacement hardware at the discounted rate if need be. My computer is five years old now.For a couple of months now I have been having issues with high CPU and RAM...
  3. High CPU and RAM usage - Urgent before Black Friday

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    High CPU and RAM usage - Urgent before Black Friday: Please note that this is quite urgent, as Black Friday is right around the corner, so I'd prefer to purchase replacement hardware at the discounted rate if need be. My computer is five years old now.For a couple of months now I have been having issues with high CPU and RAM...
  4. High CPU and RAM usage - Urgent before Black Friday

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. CPU usage is high

CPU usage is high: My CPU usage is 50% and sometimes higher and the only thing I have opened is Google Chrome. Presentational font cache exe is using most of it and Chrome is using 10-15%. Memory usage is 60% and Chrome is using most of that. 960 mb What can I do to fix this?...
  6. High CPU usage PLEASE help! :

High CPU usage PLEASE help! :: So i have a problem with what i think is my CPU, i have not had this issue before. I started getting this issue like 2 weeks back and since then i've tried everything to make it work for example factory reset the whole computer. The only game i'm playing is CSGO and it's been...
  7. High CPU usage PLEASE help! :

in Windows 10 Gaming
    High CPU usage PLEASE help! :: So i have a problem with what i think is my CPU, i have not had this issue before. I started getting this issue like 2 weeks back and since then i've tried everything to make it work for example factory reset the whole computer. The only game i'm playing is CSGO and it's been...
  8. High CPU usage PLEASE help! :

9. High cpu usage

High cpu usage: Hi guys, I have a weird problem and I can't fix it. After changing some settings in Comand Promt my computer started behaving weird. My cpu usage is high and very unstable, for no reason. In the task manager there is nothing that should cause high cpu usage, there are no...
  10. Undergoing high CPU usage.

Undergoing high CPU usage.: Hi, So two weeks ago I had an issue related to High CPU and RAM usage. I was able to fix High Memory usage or memory leak but unfortunately CPU is still spiking up. I have tried doing everything that I could but unfortunately i'm not able to read the trace I got from xperf....