Windows 10: underlines under some letter keeps appearing and disappearing

Discus and support underlines under some letter keeps appearing and disappearing in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; hi, i am using windows 10 home, version 2004 on HP laptop. i noticed that some of the letters are underlined and the underlines appear and disappear... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by AariyaanTowsif, Sep 30, 2020.

1. underlines under some letter keeps appearing and disappearing

hi, i am using windows 10 home, version 2004 on HP laptop. i noticed that some of the letters are underlined and the underlines appear and disappear sometimes. and when playing video, volume bar pop ups. plz someone help me fix this.

:)

AariyaanTowsif, Sep 30, 2020

2. Underline or underscore a letter or letters and or numbers in a online password

I have been given a password that has a letter underlined or underscored. I can underline or underscore on my documents or on my email using Ctrl and U. When I do this online at a web site, another tab pops open showing the source code information. So,
    how can I type in a password online and underline or underscore a letter, letters, number or numbers?

DANIELDAVENPORT1, Sep 30, 2020
  3. enable shortcut underlines does not stay on

Hi,

My apologies for the delayed response.

I suggest you to follow below steps to enable shortcut underlines and check if it resolves the issue.

1. Open Control Panel by right click on
    Start
    Button.

2. Select Ease of Access Center and scroll down the list and click “Make the Keyboard Easier to Use

3. Check the option Underline Keyboard Shortcuts
    and Access Keys under Make it easier to use keyboard shortcuts.

Now you’ll see the shortcut keys are underlined.

Please post back with the status of the issue and we will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Vinodh_Kumar V, Sep 30, 2020
  4. akkha Win User

underlines under some letter keeps appearing and disappearing

Underlined icon in the taskbar disappear (picture 1) and reappear

underlines under some letter keeps appearing and disappearing [​IMG]

It will reappear about 15-20 minute after disappear...

Then for a long while it will disappear again...
    ---------

underlines under some letter keeps appearing and disappearing [​IMG]

I have expand the tastkbar wider (picture 2) and found that underlined is not disappear but it hiding lower. So I can see underlined if I expand the taskbar!

I don't know why it happen like this ?

Thanks in advance

-----------------------
    My specs: Core i7-6700 | Gigabyte H170-D3HP (BIOS F20g) | Kingston Hyper-X 2133 (4GBX2) | SAMSUNG 850 EVO 250GB | SEASONIC S12II - 520W | Windows10 Pro (1803)(OS build 17134.191)

Monitor 32'' PHILIPS 323E7QDAA/00 - with DVI-D single link cable

All driver are up to date!

akkha, Sep 30, 2020
Thema:

underlines under some letter keeps appearing and disappearing

1. underlines under some letter keeps appearing and disappearing - Similar Threads - underlines under letter

2. Disable Letter Underlines mnemonics in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable Letter Underlines mnemonics in Windows 11: I have been trying to figure out how to disable mnemonics menu bar underlines in Windows 11 for months and I cannot seem to find a straightforward answer. I simply want to see clean text in the topmost menu bars of my software, rather than the unsightly sporadic letter...
  3. Disable Letter Underlines mnemonics in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disable Letter Underlines mnemonics in Windows 11: I have been trying to figure out how to disable mnemonics menu bar underlines in Windows 11 for months and I cannot seem to find a straightforward answer. I simply want to see clean text in the topmost menu bars of my software, rather than the unsightly sporadic letter...
  4. Bluetooth driver keeps disappearing and appearing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Bluetooth driver keeps disappearing and appearing: I'm so annoyed hearing the sound it makes whenever it connects and disconnects. I have my Bluetooth turned on but whenever I hear the sounds, the Bluetooth icon on the bottom right side of the screen disappears and appears after a few seconds. I tried searching for methods...
  5. Why some letters are underlined?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why some letters are underlined?: [ATTACH] some letters underlined how to fix it? submitted by /u/zKyros_ [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mgblza/why_some_letters_are_underlined/
  6. How to change keyboard shortcuts on the context menu? (Underline under the letters)

How to change keyboard shortcuts on the context menu? (Underline under the letters): [ATTACH] How to change these underlines! If you look closely at the image, you will notice that the option (open) and the option (properties) are both the same! (For both words, the underline is under the letter "O") I want to change one of them! But I do not know how?...
  7. How to change keyboard shortcuts on context menu? Underline under the letters

How to change keyboard shortcuts on context menu? Underline under the letters: How to change these underlines! If you look closely at the image, you will notice that the option open and the option properties are both the same! For both words, the underline is under the letter "O" I want to change one of them! But I do not know how? [ATTACH]...
  8. What do the underlined letters mean?

What do the underlined letters mean?: Why are they underlined? I am not asking to remove it I love it how they're underlined, but I am confused on what they mean. Are they for a secret code so we can unlock more features in Windows 10? [ATTACH]...
  9. Volume assigned drive letter keeps disappearing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Volume assigned drive letter keeps disappearing: For about a month now I've had an issue with a drive letter for a logical volume disappearing and I cant' find out why. The volume is on a RAID array, and the other volumes on the array are not affected. I've written a script to check for the volume being mounted, and to...
  10. Changing the letter underlined in a context menu option.

Changing the letter underlined in a context menu option.: When I right click I get a context menu pop up. Some of the options have a letter underlined. Is there a way of changing an options letter, or removing it so that pressing the letter doesn't select that option. Now I don't want to remove ALL underlined letters, just...