Windows 10: Underlining in Word

Discus and support Underlining in Word in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How can I permanently set the underline colour in word, so every new document I create already has the underline colour set to a colour I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Lorien_G, Mar 13, 2019.

1. Lorien_G Win User

Underlining in Word

How can I permanently set the underline colour in word, so every new document I create already has the underline colour set to a colour I have selected.

:)

Lorien_G, Mar 13, 2019
  2. JeG21 Win User

Windows 10 is not underlining misspelled words

In the new Word, misspelled words are not being underlined. How do I activate it to pick up and underline misspelled words? It was automatic in the old version, but not now!

JeG21, Mar 13, 2019
  3. enable shortcut underlines does not stay on

Hi,

My apologies for the delayed response.

I suggest you to follow below steps to enable shortcut underlines and check if it resolves the issue.

1. Open Control Panel by right click on
    Start
    Button.

2. Select Ease of Access Center and scroll down the list and click “Make the Keyboard Easier to Use

3. Check the option Underline Keyboard Shortcuts
    and Access Keys under Make it easier to use keyboard shortcuts.

Now you’ll see the shortcut keys are underlined.

Please post back with the status of the issue and we will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Vinodh_Kumar V, Mar 13, 2019
  4. Underlining in Word

Why cant i add the word "f*cking" to my dictionary?

I would suggest to you that it IS in the dictionary which is why you do not get a red underline on the word. I would also suggest that it does not come up under the "suggested list" of words because it is excluded.

Why is it excluded? To avoid anyone from inadvertantly choosing it (a very good decision). For those that have the need to use it they can spell it out.

Jack Cook - aka Help_Line, Mar 13, 2019
Thema:

Underlining in Word

1. Underlining in Word - Similar Threads - Underlining Word

2. Outlook problem: red squiggly underlines appearing below English text.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Outlook problem: red squiggly underlines appearing below English text.: Hello there,I live in Spain; I have a surface laptop bought in the same country which I use to write email using Outlook. The problem is that whenever I choose to write in English, the software instantly decides to underline all my prose with annoying red squiggles. In an...
  3. Outlook problem: red squiggly underlines appearing below English text.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Outlook problem: red squiggly underlines appearing below English text.: Hello there,I live in Spain; I have a surface laptop bought in the same country which I use to write email using Outlook. The problem is that whenever I choose to write in English, the software instantly decides to underline all my prose with annoying red squiggles. In an...
  4. Outlook problem: red squiggly underlines appearing below English text.

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Why is everything I type in Word underlined with tiny dots?

Why is everything I type in Word underlined with tiny dots?: 1 It started today when I was typing in Word, everything was accompanied/underlined with tiny dots in blue. This doesn't show when I'm printing and all the dots disappear. I suspect some hackers have gotten into my laptop and no security device is effective. Are the dots an...
  6. Dispelled words don't seem to be showing any underline when I'm in Microsoft word in dark...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Dispelled words don't seem to be showing any underline when I'm in Microsoft word in dark...: Unsure what I should test to investigate this? submitted by /u/wallpapersdance [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/me5b95/dispelled_words_dont_seem_to_be_showing_any/
  7. Windows 10 is not underlining misspelled words

Windows 10 is not underlining misspelled words: In the new Word, misspelled words are not being underlined. How do I activate it to pick up and underline misspelled words? It was automatic in the old version, but not now!...
  8. My word is not underlining when i spell a word wrong

My word is not underlining when i spell a word wrong: usually it does, but however this does not happen on a document sometimes https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/my-word-is-not-underlining-when-i-spell-a-word/c0e207b6-ef3f-4ddc-9dc6-55b4622d1aa0
  9. Double Underlined Words Pop Up Adds

in Windows 10 Support
    Double Underlined Words Pop Up Adds: Hello Almost every where I go on the net viewing text I see double underlined words and when the mouse cursor hits them an add pops up. It is annoying but I can avoid it by not touching them with the mouse. This just started recently and it's getting worse. I wonder if there...
  10. Problem with Add to Dictionary- corrected words still being underlined

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem with Add to Dictionary- corrected words still being underlined: When typing a document and a word gets underlined in red, half the time I see 'Add to Dictionary' greyed out. Even when it is working, the same word is underlined in red when I go on to type a fresh document - and that occurs when I restart the PC, too. As you can imagine,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. my windows 10 keeps underlining words in emails

2. why is word underlining everything

3. why do people use underline icon in word

4. word everything is underlined,
  5. underlining in word,
  6. windows 10 underlining,
  7. my dell computer underlines words that are not mispelled