Windows 10: Understanding directly connected printers, drivers and defaults - defa

Discus and support Understanding directly connected printers, drivers and defaults - defa in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi Users have been migrated to Windows 10 and are now Azure AD joined (a local domain/DC no longer exists) Users now directly connect to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ajos31, Feb 10, 2016.

1. ajos31 Win User

Understanding directly connected printers, drivers and defaults - defa

Hi

Users have been migrated to Windows 10 and are now Azure AD joined (a local domain/DC no longer exists)

Users now directly connect to the office OKI MFD printer in Windows 10.

The printer is detected and installs successfully (as shown).

The printer now defaults to color *Sad.

1. Is there a ways to change the default from color to black & white when the printer is first connected/installed ?

2. How does Windows 10 determine which driver to download and use?

3. How are the defaults determined and can they be changed?

AJ

:)

ajos31, Feb 10, 2016
  2. Jessen P Win User

Understanding directly connected printers, drivers and defaults - default to Black & White

Hi,

Thank you for being part of Microsoft Community.

The setting to change from color to black and white exists in the printer software settings. You need to contact OKI to know how to do that. Whenever a device is installed on the computer the first thing it does is to install the drivers which came alongwith
    in this case since its a printer the Add printer wizard pops up.

Defaults are determined by the user. In the add a printer wizard you can manually browse to the location of the drivers and see if it helps.

Do get back to us for any issues pertaining to Windows in the future. We will be happy to help.

Jessen P, Feb 10, 2016
  3. AJOS31 Win User
    Understanding directly connected printers, drivers and defaults - default to Black & White

Did you read the question? Your response is inept.

AJOS31, Feb 10, 2016
Thema:

Understanding directly connected printers, drivers and defaults - defa

1. Understanding directly connected printers, drivers and defaults - defa - Similar Threads - Understanding directly connected

2. Wifi direct printer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi direct printer: Before the new update that happened recently, it was nice and easy to find a printer that uses wifi direct. Now I keep trying to find where I can find a printer with wifi direct, and I can't find it. Where can I find those printers?...
  3. Wifi direct printer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi direct printer: Before the new update that happened recently, it was nice and easy to find a printer that uses wifi direct. Now I keep trying to find where I can find a printer with wifi direct, and I can't find it. Where can I find those printers?...
  4. Printer not printing thru wifi or direct connection to laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printer not printing thru wifi or direct connection to laptop: laptop and printer were communicating thru wifi but no longer. I wired printer to laptop directly and still unable to print. Please help, thank you.......
  5. default printer/metered connection

default printer/metered connection: Won't find my default printer? Also I am on a metered connection? Tried everything. I hate this new computer. How can I get help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/default-printermetered-connection/c6e4ec11-c91a-4239-8177-1748b2692ec9
  6. Printer drivers default to printing to FAX only

Printer drivers default to printing to FAX only: I have a Canon multi-function printer used to work normally but for the last few months it seeds prints to Fax though I am sending prints to PRINT. It will print normally if I reinstall the drivers (TR7550) and leave the computer on but if I switch the computer off, when I...
  7. printer default

printer default: undefault the printer It won't print https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-default/d060e7f7-0537-4b26-9714-83bb57ce3d74
  8. Direct connection to networked printer no longer working

Direct connection to networked printer no longer working: Hello, The issue I'm having concerns a printer and a few computers. The printer and computers are on different domains, but on the same network. The printer was added to the computers directly using the printer's IP address. Something changed however, and now the printer is...
  9. Printer driver settings default oddly

Printer driver settings default oddly: I have an older Canon Pixma 6600. I have used it with Windows 10 to print photos. I changed the driver settings to Photo Paper Pro, highest quality output, etc. Now whenever I try to print anything, it defaults to the settings I used to print photos. Obviously this is not...
  10. Cannot connect Win 10 PC to printer with WiFi Direct

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot connect Win 10 PC to printer with WiFi Direct: Hello. I installed a HP printer model M402dw and turned on WiFi Direct mode. I am able to connect to the printer enough to see it in the WiFi connections list as well as in Available Devices when I try to Add Printer. I am able to add the printer, send documents, and...