Windows 10: Understanding "Find My Device" Function

Discus and support Understanding "Find My Device" Function in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, I have a question about understanding the "find my device" function on my surface 3 laptop. I was testing the "find my device" function and it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by melomxx, May 3, 2020.

1. melomxx Win User

Understanding "Find My Device" Function

Hello,

I have a question about understanding the "find my device" function on my surface 3 laptop. I was testing the "find my device" function and it seems like the function works when my laptop is plugged in and charging. The "find my device" function does not work when my laptop is not plugged in and running on the battery. Is that suppose to happen? I thought the function is suppose to work when the computer is not plugged in.

I hope this made sense!

:)

melomxx, May 3, 2020

2. alt-key functionality

Hi Steven,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps:

• Single Click on the file.
    • Tap F2 ( Function Key).
    • Then type the name and enter.
    Hope this answers your query and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Andria Maria Mendez, May 3, 2020
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Bluetooth Driver Disappears from Device Manager and Settings/Devices

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern regarding the issue that you are facing.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps

Method 1: Troubleshoot

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Drive. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel
    • Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter

You may follow the steps and check if it helps in resolving the issue, as the device might be hidden.

• Press Windows key + X.
    • Click on Device Manager.
    • Click on View.
    • Click on Show Hidden Devices.
    • Search for the Bluetooth device.
    • Right click on the Bluetooth device and click
      uninstall.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist

Arun B J, May 3, 2020
  4. Understanding "Find My Device" Function

Remove Devices

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are facing issues while removing the device from your Microsoft account as it keeps popping back after removing.

It could be possible that the device was using OneDrive with the same Microsoft account and that might be the reason you are able to see the device listed under your profile. I would suggest you to remove the device from OneDrive
    and see if that helps.

You can follow the steps to remove the device from OneDrive.

1. Login to
      https://onedrive.live.com
    2. Now on the left hand pane click on PC’s.
    3. Now click on the devices that are listed under PC’s and on the right hand side click on
      Remove PC.

If the issue persists, please get back to us with the results of the troubleshooting steps to assist you further.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, May 3, 2020
Thema:

Understanding "Find My Device" Function

1. Understanding "Find My Device" Function - Similar Threads - Understanding Find Device

2. Find My Device

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Find My Device: My WIN 10 laptop has been stolen. I see that the location is currently unknown and it is OFF and the battery is 0%. First I'd like to know if I have to Refresh MS Edge to get a new reading? And second, a previous try the first time I used the program it gave an address. Are...
  3. Find my device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Find my device: How accurate is the find my device? My laptop was stolen yesterday and I keep signing in to find my device but it shows a different location in my neighborhood Everytime I sign in. Once it even said it was at a fire department...
  4. The function "Find my device" has a variable precision, Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The function "Find my device" has a variable precision, Windows 11: The function "Find my device" has a variable precision in the information that it emits in the Map and in the direction that it provides.When doing functionality tests, on more than three occasions it informs me of the address in all of them are variable, and even INCORRECT,...
  5. The function "Find my device" has a variable precision, Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The function "Find my device" has a variable precision, Windows 11: The function "Find my device" has a variable precision in the information that it emits in the Map and in the direction that it provides.When doing functionality tests, on more than three occasions it informs me of the address in all of them are variable, and even INCORRECT,...
  6. security and Find My Device functionality stolen laptop

security and Find My Device functionality stolen laptop: How does find my device work in locating a stolen laptop while it's turned off and how accurate ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/security-and-find-my-device-functionality-stolen/94b7d172-1e25-4478-afa2-0cccee538251
  7. Find my device

Find my device: I need to find my laptop it was stolen. I tried the find devixe. What am i doing wrong,? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/find-my-device/388c717b-db7d-45de-b519-f083b3297a3a
  8. Help me understand the Windows update function

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help me understand the Windows update function: Which updates does it look for? Do I need to manually update, for example, Intel drivers? Intel Serial IO Intel Management Engine Components Intel Rapid Store Technology Intel Network Connections Intel Chipset Device Software submitted by /u/Kronborg11 [link] [comments]...
  9. Find my device

Find my device: Hi I have misplaced my laptop a while back, when I went into the Find My Device it showed a map and a date ie 8/9/2019. Which indicated that the device is in my home. I cannot find it. Does this date indicate that it was definitely in the location shown on that particular...
  10. The Find My Device function shows my desktop computer in the wrong city

The Find My Device function shows my desktop computer in the wrong city: Hi, I was looking at my account information and clicked the Find My PC option. It showed a map and it said my PC was located inside the circle. Well, the circle was around a whole city. It happens to be the wrong city. I live about 28 miles away roughly from the center of...