Windows 10: Understanding FPS/Stutter on Benchmark

Discus and support Understanding FPS/Stutter on Benchmark in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi. I recently got Forza Horizon 4. I really do not understand the benchmarks too well. When I run a benchmark (a 2-3 minute race) with settings... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by andyouf, Sep 29, 2018.

1. andyouf Win User

Understanding FPS/Stutter on Benchmark

Hi. I recently got Forza Horizon 4. I really do not understand the benchmarks too well.

When I run a benchmark (a 2-3 minute race) with settings locked at 30fps I have zero stutters, GPU limited percentage (?) at zero, and latency at 166.4. If I run the benchmark at the 60fps setting I have 19 stutters (odd because I had 64 running it last night with a slight overclock), 95.1 GPU limited percentage, and latency 90.3.

If I run the game at 30fps it stays at 30 and I possibly could dabble with turning MSAA/FXAA on (do people turn on one, the other, or both)? If I run the game at 60fps the counter shows fluctuations between ~40-60. I don't notice stutters except in cut screens (which aren't tested in the benchmark) if set at 60fps. I have not played much though. I'd rather have the higher fps but would like to know what someone more knowledgeable would set it at and if possible what those latency and GPU limited percentages are.

Also I was thinking of combining FXAA with 2xMSAA. Okay idea? SSAO I'd like to turn on but probably should not and am unsure if VSync should be on or off. If there are any other settings you think I should change please also let me know. I'd like to keep it at native resolution.

Understanding FPS/Stutter on Benchmark [​IMG]

Understanding FPS/Stutter on Benchmark [​IMG]

:)

andyouf, Sep 29, 2018
  2. Temayte Win User

[MOVED]FPS stutter in some games

Since I upgraded to windows 10,some games have huge fps stutters,they run at normal FPS but once in a while I get a huge stutter that lasts up to 2 seconds,and then everything goes back to normal only to stuttera again 30 seconds to 1 minute later

All my drivers are up to date and I have tried lots (and I mean lots) of "solutions",nothing worked so far.

My hardware is:

Cpu: Intel Core i7 920

Motherboard: Asus P6T SE

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960

RAM: 6GB

Temayte, Sep 29, 2018
  3. FPS drops below 10 every couple of minutes

Very interesting. Our default suggestion list for fighting stutter becomes more interesting.

Ferrum Master, Sep 29, 2018
  4. Understanding FPS/Stutter on Benchmark

High end build, stuttering in every game

Hello, this is my build:

• i5-6600k
    • ASUS MAXIMUS RANGER VIII
    • MSI GTX 1060 6G
    • Samsung SSD 850 evo 250gb
    • WD Caviar Blue 1TB
    • G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200 DDR4 (XMP profile)
    • Dual monitor: Zowie XL2411 144hz + BenQ GW2260 60Hz
    I get stuttering in the following titles:

• Rocket League: every time a new player join a match the game freeze, also when V-Sync is on I get random lag from 144 to 130 and then the game continue to run smoothly.
    • GTA V: random stuttering Online and fps drops, V-Sync on.
    • PUBG: random stuttering, V-Sync off.
    • Rust: stuttering when loading chunks with fps drops.
    • Ark: as Rust.
    • Total War Warhammer: random stuttering in the strategic map, V-Sync on.
    What I've done till now:

• Tried every graphic settings.
    • All kind of Windows 10 optimizations like Performance mode, Xbox game mode off, disabled unnecessary services and tasks, no antivirus (Windows Defender on only).
    • Hard drive defragmentation.
    • Nvidia control panel optimizations for every game like Thread optimization, tried several v-sync modes, etc.
    • All drivers are updated.
    • No pending Windows updates.
    • Temps are fine, GPU and CPU never go above 65C.
    • Shadowplay overlay off.
    • Playing with one monitor at once.
    • Moved games from HDD to SSD.
    • Tried different version of GPU drivers.
    • Disabled the page on the HDD and fixed its size on the SSD with the reccommended value.
    • Memtest for both RAM stick at once (8 pass each no errors).
    What I've not tried yet is to reinstall the OS... benchmarks and performance in game are ok and in line with every other user... do you have any suggestions? Could it be network related? How can I analyze the stuttering?

PS: I'm testing with Latencymon and doing some screenshot of gpu and cpu usage

djanthony93, Sep 29, 2018
Thema:

Understanding FPS/Stutter on Benchmark

1. Understanding FPS/Stutter on Benchmark - Similar Threads - Understanding FPS Stutter

2. Computer fps and audio stuttering

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer fps and audio stuttering: Hi. several days ago my computer developed a random stutter. For a second or two it stutters and if audio is playing the sound repeats like when computers freeze then goes back to normal. It will sometimes happen once a minute or sometimes once a half hour, it varies.This...
  3. Computer fps and audio stuttering

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer fps and audio stuttering: Hi. several days ago my computer developed a random stutter. For a second or two it stutters and if audio is playing the sound repeats like when computers freeze then goes back to normal. It will sometimes happen once a minute or sometimes once a half hour, it varies.This...
  4. Fps drops and stutters

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fps drops and stutters: So I used this debloater tool to debloat my windows 11 and soon I used the restore point I made but it gives me lower fps rhan before I used the debloater and alot of stutters...
  5. Fps drops and stutters

Fps drops and stutters: So I used this debloater tool to debloat my windows 11 and soon I used the restore point I made but it gives me lower fps rhan before I used the debloater and alot of stutters...
  6. FPS stutters in every game

FPS stutters in every game: I have rebooted my whole System/Windows completely and also completely formatted all my hard drives with [diskpart > clean all]. Now I noticed that I have random fps stutters in games. Such problems like that I never had before, everything ran super smooth. Does anyone have...
  7. FPS drop and stutter

FPS drop and stutter: Dell G7 7588 Windows 10 Version: 1909 OS Build: 1836.1316 BIOS: 1.14.0 Processor: i7-8750H CPU @ 2.20GHz 12 CPU GPU: NVIDIA GTX 1060 with Max-Q Design, 8GB RAM: 16GB Problem: FPS drops and stuttering when playing Overwatch I haven't played Overwatch for 3 months+,...
  8. FPS DROPS AND STUTTERS

in Windows 10 Customization
    FPS DROPS AND STUTTERS: Eveytime when i play a game my fps drops and stutters of lot.And i don't know how to fix it.And i was using my pc for 2 months.Could you help me fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fps-drops-and-stutters/1b0a26e1-f4aa-4258-8042-c564217d0973
  9. Issues with stuttering/fps drops

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Issues with stuttering/fps drops: There is a TLDR at the end of this post but please read this thoroughly! Hi! Thank you in advance for reading and thinking along with me. I have some stuttering (no monitor issues) going with my laptop. It happened a few days ago and since then it's becoming really a...
  10. FPS STUTTER

FPS STUTTER: So, i have got a completely brand new Laptop and i was trying to run some Cod4 to play with my friends where i encountered a thing called stutter, updated NVIDIA drivers, but for nothing. Also its not overheating problems and exc, the gpu, cpu are not Overheating. Need Help...