Windows 10: Understanding my System

Discus and support Understanding my System in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Windows 10 32G RAM Intel core 7 Complete aftermarket build EVGA GTX 1070 Air cooled Query: I am now discovering that my pc is always using the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by CraftianUD, Mar 26, 2020.

1. Understanding my System

Windows 10

32G RAM

Intel core 7

Complete aftermarket build

EVGA GTX 1070

Air cooled

Query: I am now discovering that my pc is always using the maximum amount of Memory no matter what its doing but starting a task causes it to a "Focus" mode, diverting all the memory into the selected application and letting the rest have a max of 4%. Just curious if this passes as a normal function for an aftermarket machine?

The reason for this being here is that a game started having some processing issues and I mean CPU/loading and not RAM issues and I opened task manager to see whats happening. Thats when I discovered this little convenience.

Another issue; why is my C drive boot now at a capacity of 97% in the recent year when I have most of my major programs saved on my 1T drive?

:)

CraftianUD, Mar 26, 2020
  2. zbook Win User

Programs not working

In post 26 there were steps listed to fix the operating system corruption.
    Are you able to follow them?
    In post 29 was the suggested dism repair command.

zbook, Mar 26, 2020
  3. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Mar 26, 2020
  4. Understanding my System

$4000 Gaming System

Ok, a buddy of mine has *Rockout :rockout: $4000 *Rockout :rockout: to blow on a balls-to-the-wall gaming system.
    Minimums: Conroe, dual-graphics cards, physics accelorator, 320GB storage, 4GB RAM, liquid cooling.
    Please list your component suggestions here (list links only if you want to):

error_f0rce, Mar 26, 2020
Thema:

Understanding my System

1. Understanding my System - Similar Threads - Understanding System

2. Understanding Windows File Explorer system

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Understanding Windows File Explorer system: My File Explorer system seems to have got a little duplicated, and I want to try to understand it better.I have Quick Access, Downloads, Documents, Desktop, Pictures, and other folders in the list on the left when I click on File Explorer. When I go to This PC, it also shows...
  3. Understanding Windows File Explorer system

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Understanding Windows File Explorer system: My File Explorer system seems to have got a little duplicated, and I want to try to understand it better.I have Quick Access, Downloads, Documents, Desktop, Pictures, and other folders in the list on the left when I click on File Explorer. When I go to This PC, it also shows...
  4. Understanding Windows File Explorer system

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Can I have some help understanding Recovering Windows 10 from System Image?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can I have some help understanding Recovering Windows 10 from System Image?: I've got some freeware, Macrium Reflect, that can make a disk image of everything that's on my C: which is a 110 GB SSD that has 72 GB Used, which is just Windows 10 fully updated daily and any programs that I've purchased or gotten free. I think that Macrium Reflect can save...
  6. Need help understanding system backup

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need help understanding system backup: I really have no knowledge of this but I want to make sure I get it right. This is what I understand so far. Please correct me 1. Installing the macrium reflect in the laptop 2. Run the programme to make a clone. What is the image making option though? 3. Backup and save 4....
  7. Can anyone help me understand what caused this system crash?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can anyone help me understand what caused this system crash?: Can anyone help me understand what caused this system crash? Here is the memory dmp file OneDrive link: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AkvTJmtXjU_hfvOin4IXQmNhA-Y?e=9YdpUg...
  8. can someone help me understand what is going on with this operating system

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    can someone help me understand what is going on with this operating system: [ATTACH] I can't believe it. they finally did it. they finally took the boundary and pushed it to unfathomable levels of fuckery. an administrator account is no longer able to have full control over the operating system - why? the ONLY solution to this problem (see image)...
  9. Help understanding Windows 10 System Disk layout, for reliable cloning

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Help understanding Windows 10 System Disk layout, for reliable cloning: Shortly after porting a few major apps and data groups to my Win-10 (pro, 64 bit) machine, I wanted to make sure I could clone my hard drive. I did so successfully with a very powerful tool I'll recommend everyone have, especially since you can do most operations with the...
  10. Help understanding Windows 10 System Disk layout, for reliable cloning

in Windows 10 Support
    Help understanding Windows 10 System Disk layout, for reliable cloning: Shortly after porting a few major apps and data groups to my Win-10 (pro, 64 bit) machine, I wanted to make sure I could clone my hard drive. I did so successfully with a very powerful tool I'll recommend everyone have, especially since you can do most operations with the...