Windows 10: Understanding my System

Discus and support Understanding my System in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Windows 10 32G RAM Intel core 7 Complete aftermarket build EVGA GTX 1070 Air cooled Query: I am now discovering that my pc is always using the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by CraftianUD, Mar 26, 2020 at 2:17 AM.

1. Understanding my System

Windows 10

32G RAM

Intel core 7

Complete aftermarket build

EVGA GTX 1070

Air cooled

Query: I am now discovering that my pc is always using the maximum amount of Memory no matter what its doing but starting a task causes it to a "Focus" mode, diverting all the memory into the selected application and letting the rest have a max of 4%. Just curious if this passes as a normal function for an aftermarket machine?

The reason for this being here is that a game started having some processing issues and I mean CPU/loading and not RAM issues and I opened task manager to see whats happening. Thats when I discovered this little convenience.

Another issue; why is my C drive boot now at a capacity of 97% in the recent year when I have most of my major programs saved on my 1T drive?

:)

2. zbook Win User

Programs not working

In post 26 there were steps listed to fix the operating system corruption.
    Are you able to follow them?
    In post 29 was the suggested dism repair command.

3. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

4. Understanding my System

$4000 Gaming System

Ok, a buddy of mine has *Rockout :rockout: $4000 *Rockout :rockout: to blow on a balls-to-the-wall gaming system.
    Minimums: Conroe, dual-graphics cards, physics accelorator, 320GB storage, 4GB RAM, liquid cooling.
    Please list your component suggestions here (list links only if you want to):

Thema:

Understanding my System

1. Understanding my System - Similar Threads - Understanding System

2. Is my understanding about 'remove everything' clear?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is my understanding about 'remove everything' clear?: So, it cleans the whole partition where the OS exists(EXCEPT the files that related to the remove everything function itself) and then the fresh copy of the OS is reinstalled? submitted by /u/NiceScents [link] [comments]...
  3. Understanding Hardware-enforced Stack Protection in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Understanding Hardware-enforced Stack Protection in Windows 10: We aim to make Windows 10 one of the most secure operating systems for our customers and to do that we are investing in a multitude of security features. Our philosophy is to build features that mitigate broad classes of vulnerabilities, ideally without having the app change...
  4. New measures to understand Windows Update success in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    New measures to understand Windows Update success in Windows 10: To better understand health of driver installations, we have developed two new measures that provide a view into the health of drivers using Windows Update (WU). Percent of machines that WU reported a successful download within the last 28 days...
  5. I don't understand why you can't leave well enough alone

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I don't understand why you can't leave well enough alone: Every time I get my system set up to operate the way I want it to you cram some update down my throat full of **** I don't need or want and reset/change everything. Why not ask if I want some this ****.. no never wanted/needed ability to talk to my pc to get it to do stuff.....
  6. BSOD with different codes unable to understand.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD with different codes unable to understand.: I am facing BSOD from a while with different error codes, i updated my drivers and bios too still i am getting the issues. I have attached the mini dump files, please help me to resolve the issue. link for mini dumps- Minidumps my system info -system info Please help....
  7. I don't understand this . . .

in Windows 10 Customization
    I don't understand this . . .: This a little, off subject. I do get to this Forum, on a computer, running Windows 10 That, should count, I guess? I'm a Kansas City Chiefs fan. I live near Kansas City. I watched Superbowl 54, live. The link below, will show you almost the whole game. But, the strangest...
  8. Help understanding Windows 10 System Disk layout, for reliable cloning

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Help understanding Windows 10 System Disk layout, for reliable cloning: Shortly after porting a few major apps and data groups to my Win-10 (pro, 64 bit) machine, I wanted to make sure I could clone my hard drive. I did so successfully with a very powerful tool I'll recommend everyone have, especially since you can do most operations with the...
  9. Help understanding Windows 10 System Disk layout, for reliable cloning

in Windows 10 Support
    Help understanding Windows 10 System Disk layout, for reliable cloning: Shortly after porting a few major apps and data groups to my Win-10 (pro, 64 bit) machine, I wanted to make sure I could clone my hard drive. I did so successfully with a very powerful tool I'll recommend everyone have, especially since you can do most operations with the...
  10. i will never understand this operating system

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    i will never understand this operating system: i am in a folder. everything is in large thumbnails. I copy, actually I hit ctrl + x so I cut. the file dims out so the cut worked. I go to another folder, hit ctrl + v, nothing happened, click win key + v, says clipboard empty. Nice. I go back to the orginal folder and now...