Windows 10: understanding netstat output - public ip address in local address

Discus and support understanding netstat output - public ip address in local address in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am having windows 10 system 1903 updated with latest patches & I am trying to understand the netstat output of my system I am trying to block the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by caskar, Oct 9, 2019.

1. caskar Win User

understanding netstat output - public ip address in local address

I am having windows 10 system 1903 updated with latest patches & I am trying to understand the netstat output of my system

I am trying to block the port 135, 139 & 445 from my local windows firewall I have create inbound and outbound rule to block those ports, still on the netstat it shows following:

Proto Local Address Foreign Address State

TCP 172.17.211.193:139 0.0.0.0:0 LISTENING
    TCP 192.168.29.41:139 0.0.0.0:0 LISTENING

Even my local address is of public which I failed to understand.

This is my home system & doesn't require any connectivity like file & print or any SMB or any other ports, only internet is required.

Please advise what shell I do.

:)

caskar, Oct 9, 2019
  2. bencrutz Win User

Assigning Static IP Address Range in a Router

yep, pretty much all.

for point #2 if you are having difficulty binding static IP in the router, it is ok to set static IP in the camera instead - just make sure you take a note on which IP is which camera so that you wouldnt put the wrong IP in the port forwarding.

am not sure what you meant. you don't need ddns to access the camera locally (from inside your LAN) *Confused understanding netstat output - public ip address in local address :confused:

bencrutz, Oct 9, 2019
  3. NavyLCDR Win User
    ip address

Are you wanting your LAN (LOCAL Area Network) IP address, or your public IP address on the internet? What you are showing is your Local Area Network IP address which your router assigns, but is useless for connecting to your network from the internet on the other side of you modem.

NavyLCDR, Oct 9, 2019
  4. Sasqui Win User

Assigning Static IP Address Range in a Router

Hootoo HT-IP210F HooToo HT-IP210F Indoor 640 x 480 MAX Resolution R... So far, it's awesome. I haven't been able to get audio, not sure why. The web interface is flaky on my Droid, but works and there is a 3rd party Android APP that supports the camera.

So at this point, I need to:

• Set aside a range of static IP addresses (by default in the ASUS, ALL of the IP addresses .2 through .254 are DHCP).
    • Assign one of the static IP addresses to the camera (in the router)
    • Assign a port to that IP address
    Side note: LAN addresses 192.168.1.1 and 192.168.1.255 are reserved in just about every router (from what I've been told)

I just wish I could understand how DDNS works locally. *Confused understanding netstat output - public ip address in local address :confused:

Sasqui, Oct 9, 2019
Thema:

1. understanding netstat output - public ip address in local address - Similar Threads - understanding netstat output

2. No IP address

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No IP address: I no longer have an IP address on my computer. I have tried all the fixes I can find online and nothing is working. I have normally been using WiFi but I did connect to Ethernet and nothing is working....
  3. netstat output I see a different 10.0. local address instead of local interface address...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    netstat output I see a different 10.0. local address instead of local interface address...: Installed Windows 11 Home Single Language 21H2 and McAfee as well as Docker DesktopNot Running. In netstat output I see a different 10.0. local address instead of local interface address which start with 192.168. listed in ipconfig command.I used the process explorer from...
  4. netstat output I see a different 10.0. local address instead of local interface address...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    netstat output I see a different 10.0. local address instead of local interface address...: Installed Windows 11 Home Single Language 21H2 and McAfee as well as Docker DesktopNot Running. In netstat output I see a different 10.0. local address instead of local interface address which start with 192.168. listed in ipconfig command.I used the process explorer from...
  5. IP Address

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    IP Address: Is there a static IP address for login.microsoftonline.com. Our tools are using Azure Active Directory to authenticate users and our customers have firewall to filter unwanted traffic. I don't see a static IP address for login.microsoftonline.com to allow it through the...
  6. How to change public ip address

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to change public ip address: Hello, How do I go about changing my public ip address, today ive gone around google and none of the tutorials seem to help me. A step by step tutorial would be appreciated, thanks....
  7. ip address

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    ip address: how do I find the ip address on my printer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ip-address/21cb2d30-43e4-430e-ac0a-63de4707dfb8
  8. IP Address.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    IP Address.: How do I find the IP address of mu computer (running W10)? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ip-address/00092bb2-a514-4914-9938-3ca553c4e29a
  9. IP Address

in Windows 10 Customization
    IP Address: How do I find the IP address of my desktop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ip-address/2bb05fc1-6350-45a4-bd4d-fdd5a278655e
  10. IP Address

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    IP Address: How can I find my IP Address on facebook as I thank someone has tried to hack my account? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/ip-address/4bba95ea-7fb3-4096-ae5e-95e62cbee6c2