Windows 10: Understanding Security Warnings

Discus and support Understanding Security Warnings in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Apologies, this is a Win XP question (but I don't know a good XP place to ask) and it may be valid for Win 10 Someone sent me some zipped up mp3's via... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by James1093, Nov 29, 2018.

1. James1093 Win User

Understanding Security Warnings

Apologies, this is a Win XP question (but I don't know a good XP place to ask) and it may be valid for Win 10
    Someone sent me some zipped up mp3's via "FileFactory". I have them and all's fine - except as I do stuff
    with them I was getting "Open File Security Warning". I've found I can remove this in gpedit.msc and User Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Attachment Manager- then set Inclusion list for low file types to Enabled for .mp3.

However, what I really want to know is, what makes these mp3's different to normal ones ? Is the warning permanently attached to the files somehow, and/or how does the OS know about them?

:)

James1093, Nov 29, 2018
  2. Arun B J Win User

security warning on edge

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

• Which is the default home page in Microsoft Edge?

• Since when are you facing this issue?

• Did you make any changes prior to this issue?
    I suggest you to Clear caches and cookies and check if it helps.

• Open Microsoft EDGE.

• After that click on (…) “More action” option which is visible at top right side of the browser and you will see “Settings” option.

• Under “Settings” scroll down and you will see a button “Choose what to clear” under “Clear browsing data” option.

• Once you click on this option you will see list of feature, Select Cached data and file.

• Here you need to check the option you want to clear and click “Clear” button.

If the issue persist I suggest you to send us the screen shot of the Security Warning message.

Follow the steps given in the link below to provide the screenshot.

How to include a screenshot in your post

How to include a screenshot in your post

Reply with necessary information so that we can assist you better.

Thanks and Regards.

Arun B J, Nov 29, 2018
  3. Win 10 security warning - "These files might be harmful to your computer"

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern, I suggest you to follow the steps below and check.

• Type user account control in the search box.

• Click and Change User Account Control Settings.

• Drag it down right to the bottom (according to your security), click
      ok.
    Hope it helps.

SujataMoktan, Nov 29, 2018
  4. Understanding Security Warnings

Windows 10 asks for the Security Warning?

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

As you are opening favorites from the Internet Explorer it might warn you while accessing websites.

If they are known websites, you may add those links as a trusted site and you will not get the warning.

To do so follow these steps.

• Press Win + R key on the keyboard and type inetcpl.cpl
      and hit Enter.
    • Click Security Tab and click Trusted Sites.
    • Click Add and add the website that you trust.
    Hope this information helps.

Ravinath P, Nov 29, 2018
Thema:

Understanding Security Warnings

1. Understanding Security Warnings - Similar Threads - Understanding Security Warnings

2. Changing a Security Warning

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing a Security Warning: This is the Warning that is supposed to come up with I run citrix, but somehow it never showed up and i think by default it blocked access and selected "Do not as me again for this site"I need to know where to go to change this to allow "Permit use"I have uninstalled and...
  3. Changing a Security Warning

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changing a Security Warning: This is the Warning that is supposed to come up with I run citrix, but somehow it never showed up and i think by default it blocked access and selected "Do not as me again for this site"I need to know where to go to change this to allow "Permit use"I have uninstalled and...
  4. Security Warning

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Security Warning: This is our website page: https://www.lordkrishnabuilders.com/project/villas-in-thrissur/Our website page is secure, but When I open with mozilla is it showing security warning. What is the reason?...
  5. Is this a legit security warning?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Is this a legit security warning?: Sorry for posting in the Windows forum. I can find anything related to security. :- I received an email From: Microsoft account team <*** Email address is removed for privacy ***> and am not sure of it is legit. I haven't been able to find info on this, nor can I find a...
  6. Security warnings

in Windows 10 Support
    Security warnings: Since the 1809 update, every time I want to open a photo, which have been on my PC for ages, I get the Open file - security warning, and I have to keep clicking the OK box before I can see photo. How do I stop this box coming up? Thank you 123830
  7. Getting this security warning

Getting this security warning: As of today 9/10/16 when i open Edge Browser I get this warning: [img] I have done a full system scan with Avira and Malwarebytes which found no threats, It comes up with a beeping sound and i have to click backwards to get back to my home page. I ran Spybot S&D and it...
  8. Understanding Secure Boot

Understanding Secure Boot: I don't really understand what this is? I made sure that I had it set to disabled when I installed Windows 10 Pro Anniversary Edition yesterday because I read that I should do that on the forums here. It was disabled by default on my MSI M/Board anyway. I did install...
  9. HTTP security warning

HTTP security warning: For some time now when I log into some websites using username/password fields , entered using autifill from browser's password manager , I get 'this connection is not secure passwords could be compromised'. I searched for some help and understand it is an issue where a site...
  10. Security warning

in Browsers and Email
    Security warning: Each time I want to search in Google,I am getting this security message(see screen shot). This has only started happening recently,can it be disabled and how? Regards. [img] 74513