Windows 10: Understanding the UEFI BIOS Gigabyte H81M-S for Windows 10 Pro x64

Discus and support Understanding the UEFI BIOS Gigabyte H81M-S for Windows 10 Pro x64 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, This is my very first installation on UEFI I wish to install Windows 10x64 using UEFI and GPT on my brand new SSD. I have Windows x64 bootable iso... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by inwell, Feb 13, 2020.

1. inwell Win User

Understanding the UEFI BIOS Gigabyte H81M-S for Windows 10 Pro x64

Hi, This is my very first installation on UEFI

I wish to install Windows 10x64 using UEFI and GPT on my brand new SSD. I have Windows x64 bootable iso already downloaded via media creation tool from MS.So now I have a bootable DVD/USB.

My Gigabyte MB H81M-S has UEFI bios(F2, latest available on Gigabyte site) and I found three combinations.

A. OTHER OS
    With
    UEFI and Legacy Boot, UEFI Only and Legacy Only, etc.
    Here all the available boot devices are displayed in the boot sequence. (Legacy and UEFI Prefix)

B. Windows 8/ 8 WHQL
    With
    Added Option of CSM Support.
    When Selected CSM Support as "Always" I get all the same options that I get in OPTION A (OTHER OS)
    In addition, I get the Secure Boot menu. Can be turned on/off
    Here all the available boot devices are displayed in the boot sequence. (Legacy and UEFI Prefix)

C. Windows 8/ 8 WHQL
    With
    CSM Support selected to "NEVER"
    I get the Secure Boot Menu only. That can be turned on/off.
    Here only UEFI Prefix Boot Devices are listed in the boot sequence.

Now, practically settings in option A and B look identical. How are they different in their implementation except for the Secure Boot feature?

Secondly, if I wish to install a fresh Windows 10 on brand new SSD in UEFI and GPT mode, all three options should achieve what I wish i.e. Win10 in UEFI mode with GPT disk, right? (of course, I will have to boot from UEFI prefix device in option A and Option B)

So, if the above scene is true, why one even needs that OTHER OS(Option A) combination? coz same settings are available in Option B i.e. Windows 8 + CSM Support ALWAYS ON

:)

inwell, Feb 13, 2020
  2. Steve C Win User

Does the Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H Support Windows 10?

My Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H (BIOS F16G) motherboard works fine in Windows 8.1 Pro in UEFI & Secure Boot Mode.

Does this motherboard work in Windows 10 in UEFI & Secure Boot Mode?

It's not on Gigabyte's compatibility list at GIGABYTE Motherboards Ready for Windows 10 but the Windows 10 Compatibility Advisor states my PC is compatible with Windows 10.

Steve C, Feb 13, 2020
  3. NdMk2o1o Win User
    How to downgrade UEFI to previous Hybrid Bios - Gigabyte

It did when I changed the steps as outlined, also be sure to download the same bios you flash on to a USB drive then run the bios Qflash utility to flash the "dual" bios after you flash in Windows, as the method you posted only flashes the "main" bios.

Though now i have succesfully downgraded from uefi and I couldn't be happier as my stable 24/7 OC became unstable with the uefi bios and Gigabyte offered no way to downgrade to legacy :shadedshu

BTW all the kudos goes to you for the guide I just tweaked it though couldn't have done it without the OP *Toast :toast:

NdMk2o1o, Feb 13, 2020
  4. Understanding the UEFI BIOS Gigabyte H81M-S for Windows 10 Pro x64

gigabyte motherboard and windows 10

Gigabyte 970a-ds3p motherboard

Windows 10 would not install without the betabios (F2J) update on the bios motherboard.

After the update, automatic updates will not install Windows 10 automatically, you must use the MediaCreationTool X64 or X32 depending on your previous OS.

Windows 10 will not boot unless changes are made in the BIOS screen of your Gigabyte MB:

OS type: other

Boot mode select: UEFI and Legacy

Storage Boot Option Control: Legacy First

other PCI device rom: Legacy OpRom

under Peripherals:

onchip sata: Native IDE

Without these changes, Windows 10 boots into a redundant cycle of diagnostic and repair attempts. Make sure your Bios is the F2J before installing Windows 10, and the BIOS changes are made prior to running the MediaCreationTool.

JerryBigness, Feb 13, 2020
Thema:

Understanding the UEFI BIOS Gigabyte H81M-S for Windows 10 Pro x64

1. Understanding the UEFI BIOS Gigabyte H81M-S for Windows 10 Pro x64 - Similar Threads - Understanding UEFI BIOS

2. Gigabyte BIOS won't open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Gigabyte BIOS won't open: After updating my BIOS it doesn't let me go into my BIOS* Gigabyte B650M DS3H Micro ATX AM5 MotherboardI have a Gigabyte Ultra Fast loading MOBO and i've already trying doing "DEL" off startup but that doesn't work.As well i've done Start Menu > Power > Hold Shift and click...
  3. Gigabyte BIOS won't open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Gigabyte BIOS won't open: After updating my BIOS it doesn't let me go into my BIOS* Gigabyte B650M DS3H Micro ATX AM5 MotherboardI have a Gigabyte Ultra Fast loading MOBO and i've already trying doing "DEL" off startup but that doesn't work.As well i've done Start Menu > Power > Hold Shift and click...
  4. No Bios- No UEFI- No windows reset

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No Bios- No UEFI- No windows reset: Hi all,Having major issues with my PC atm. I have not had BIOS or UEFI access for some time, I have managed but it's been inconvenient. Every time I have replaced or reseated a device my motherboards QLED would come up with boot green light error but eventually turned on If I...
  5. No Bios- No UEFI- No windows reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No Bios- No UEFI- No windows reset: Hi all,Having major issues with my PC atm. I have not had BIOS or UEFI access for some time, I have managed but it's been inconvenient. Every time I have replaced or reseated a device my motherboards QLED would come up with boot green light error but eventually turned on If I...
  6. No Bios- No UEFI- No windows reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Reinstall Win10 Pro UEFI or Legacy BIOS

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reinstall Win10 Pro UEFI or Legacy BIOS: I am preparing to reinstall Windows 10 Pro. I am going to do a complete delete-everything reinstall. I am going by the article posted in this community by Greg Carmack - Windows MVP “Clean Install Windows 10” I am going to use the basic Media Creation Tool referenced in the...
  8. UEFI/BIOS Virus?

UEFI/BIOS Virus?: I have recently bought a new PC. Initially the W10 version was 1909 but very soon after purchase it was upgraded to 2004. One of the first things I did was to create a recovery USB memory stick. This was prior to me knowing how to access the PC's BIOS/UEFI although I had...
  9. Updating UEFI/BIOS with Windows 10

Updating UEFI/BIOS with Windows 10: I am currently trying to install a new BIOS update for my HP Laptop. I have confirmed that there a new update available, but I'm concerned on how exactly to go through with it. I know I have to disable both my Anti-Virus software and Bitlocker Encryption, and I wanted make...
  10. Gigabyte UEFI bios -windows 8 or other OS?

in Windows 10 Support
    Gigabyte UEFI bios -windows 8 or other OS?: Just curious .. Not sure if it makes much difference , but should I pick Win 8 or other OS in my bios? 7025

Users found this page by searching for:

1. gigabyte h81m-s uefi windowsb10 installation