Windows 10: Understanding Windows 10 Updates

Discus and support Understanding Windows 10 Updates in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello All; I am a long time Windows user but am only into Windows 10 for eight months so I have plenty to learn. Is it possible to preview updates... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DCBonne, Sep 27, 2020.

1. DCBonne Win User

Understanding Windows 10 Updates

Hello All; I am a long time Windows user but am only into Windows 10 for eight months so I have plenty to learn. Is it possible to preview updates within “Windows Update” or do I have to refer to Microsoft Update Catalog to get information about individual updates? I prefer to defer updates until after the dust settles based on past experience. I found out this morning, after resuming updates, that hitting
    The “Check For Updates” button not only “Checks” but also downloads and installs the latest update. IMHO this is deceptive but I am no longer surprised at anything that MS does since the GWX debacle.

I upgraded to Win10 Pro from Home so I do have more deferal latitude but I would really lke to know more details about the updates that are being offered without having to fight my way throught the Update Catalog. Thanks

:)

DCBonne, Sep 27, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 27, 2020
  3. AsRock Win User
    Windows 10 Update

Well just noticed a pretty large one pop up coming in at 914MB, seems it makes some pretty serous updates.

KB3172985
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3172985

This security update includes improvements and fixes in the functionality of Windows 10 Version 1511 and Windows Server 2016 Technical Preview 4. It also resolves the following vulnerabilities in Windows:

• 3175677 MS16-094: Security update for secure boot: July 12, 2016
    • 3174060 MS16-093: Security update for Adobe Flash Player: July 12, 2016
    • 3171910 MS16-092: Security update for Windows Kernel: July 12, 2016
    • 3170048 MS16-091: Security update for .Net Framework: July 12, 2016
    • 3171481 MS16-090: Security update for Kernel Mode Drivers: July 12, 2016
    • 3170050 MS16-089: Security update for Windows secure kernel mode: July 12, 2016
    • 3170005 MS16-087: Security update for the Microsoft Print Spooler: July 12, 2016
    • 3169999 MS16-085: Cumulative security update for Microsoft Edge: July 12, 2016
    • 3169991 MS16-084: Cumulative security update for Internet Explorer: July 12, 2016

AsRock, Sep 27, 2020
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Sep 27, 2020
Thema:

1. Understanding Windows 10 Updates - Similar Threads - Understanding Updates

2. I don’t understand what Insyde Software - Firmware - 5.32.1.11 update is or what it does?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I don’t understand what Insyde Software - Firmware - 5.32.1.11 update is or what it does?: I do not understand the Insyde Software - Firmware - 5.32.1.11 update is or what it does?It does not come up as valid so I do not know if this was a legit update.I cannot locate any file with this name.All if a sudden after accepting update I am being asked for passwords to...
  3. I don’t understand what Insyde Software - Firmware - 5.32.1.11 update is or what it does?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I don’t understand what Insyde Software - Firmware - 5.32.1.11 update is or what it does?: I do not understand the Insyde Software - Firmware - 5.32.1.11 update is or what it does?It does not come up as valid so I do not know if this was a legit update.I cannot locate any file with this name.All if a sudden after accepting update I am being asked for passwords to...
  4. I don’t understand what Insyde Software - Firmware - 5.32.1.11 update is or what it does?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. New update - Can't understand why it ask to sign in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New update - Can't understand why it ask to sign in: At the top right-hand, corner it asks for signing in but specifically for an organizational account. This is my personal system and I am confused now as to why I require an organizational account and why I even have to sign in. What is the purpose of this news sign-in option...
  6. New update - Can't understand why it ask to sign in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New update - Can't understand why it ask to sign in: At the top right-hand, corner it asks for signing in but specifically for an organizational account. This is my personal system and I am confused now as to why I require an organizational account and why I even have to sign in. What is the purpose of this news sign-in option...
  7. updated to 21H1 but i still do not understand that language:

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    updated to 21H1 but i still do not understand that language:: i updated to windows 10 version 21H1 but i really do not know this language:i had problems with windows insider cuz i tried to hover to Windows Update, but i dont know the language, and i dont know why everything is going to be like a different language. please reply to me as...
  8. Understanding the new Windows 10 update history experience

in Windows 10 News
    Understanding the new Windows 10 update history experience: This past October, we notified you that we were going to improve the Windows update history experience, particularly with regard to release notes. Our optimization efforts are complete and I'd like to take this opportunity to walk you through the changes and improvements. KB...
  9. Don't understand win update problem?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Don't understand win update problem?: I tried to update so I could get new update and I get this? I'm running off ethernet connection? *Sad [img] 167444
  10. Request Help Understanding "Update History"

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Request Help Understanding "Update History": Does the text "Feature update to Windows 10, version 1909 (53)" in "Update History" mean unequivocally that 1909 is installed? [img] I would think so but I am asking for two reasons: 1) For about 5 hours today I have been staring at a blue screen which said "Working on...