Windows 10: Undesired gradual brightness change after late August update

Discus and support Undesired gradual brightness change after late August update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; After the big update in late August, when my screen changes between displaying something dark and something light, it attempts to make the change seem... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Arrivest, Sep 4, 2019.

1. Arrivest Win User

Undesired gradual brightness change after late August update

After the big update in late August, when my screen changes between displaying something dark and something light, it attempts to make the change seem gradual over a few seconds, which I don't want. How can I turn it off?

I'm on a laptop with dual Intel and NVIDIA GPU, I looked through their settings, but didn't find anything useful.

Thanks!

:)

Arrivest, Sep 4, 2019
  2. malware Win User

Intel Updates Core 2 Quad Q9550 to E-0 Stepping

We continue our Monday news list with another Intel story that brings to our attention information concerning the company and more specificly its 2.83GHz Core 2 Quad Q9550 chips that will move from the current C-1 to the newer E-0 stepping. The updated chips will start selling on August 22nd, featuring the following changes:
    • New SSpec and MM numbers for the converting products
    • CPUID will change from 0x10677 to 0x1067A
    • Package change to Halide free package
    Apart from that, the new stepping CPUs will not include any other changes. Of course, like most new stepping parts a BIOS update will be needed.

Product Change Notification 108663 - 00

Source: TechConnect Magazine

malware, Sep 4, 2019
  3. Swapna S Win User
    Changing laptop brightness.

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing in adjusting/changing the screen brightness in Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might be related to Display adapter.

Before proceeding further, I would like to ask few questions:

1) How exactly you are trying to change the screen brightness?

2) Do you get any error message, when trying to change the brightness?

Please follow below mentioned steps to fix the issue:

Step 1: updating the display adapter and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows + R key on the keyboard.
    • Type devmgmt.msc and press enter.
    • Expand the Display adapter.
    • Right click on the driver and select
      Update driver software
    For more information, refer to the below link:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...d4-a109-221bd8a32fca/change-screen-brightness

Please get back to us, if you are facing issue
    in adjusting/changing the screen brightness in Windows 10.

Thank you.

Swapna S, Sep 4, 2019
  4. Undesired gradual brightness change after late August update

Brightness changing problem

Hi,

Changing the screen brightness on your laptop can be adjusted by going to
    System > Display
    where you can use the slider to adjust the brightness. If your PC supports, you may also let Windows to automatically adjust the screen brightness according to the current lighting condition by enabling
    Change brightness automatically when lighting changes.

If you've already the tried the suggestions above but the screen brightness still doesn't change, then we suggest updating the display drivers. Please see

Update drivers in Windows 10
    for the steps on how to update the drivers.

Feel free to let us know if you need further assistance.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Sep 4, 2019
Thema:

Undesired gradual brightness change after late August update

1. Undesired gradual brightness change after late August update - Similar Threads - Undesired gradual brightness

2. Unable to change brightness on laptop after windows update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to change brightness on laptop after windows update: As of the latest Windows servicing stack update Oct 28, 2022, I am unable to change the brightness of my laptop's screen. When i use the function key shortcuts to attempt to change the brightness, the brightness bar does show the animation of going up/down but the actual...
  3. Unable to change brightness on laptop after windows update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to change brightness on laptop after windows update: As of the latest Windows servicing stack update Oct 28, 2022, I am unable to change the brightness of my laptop's screen. When i use the function key shortcuts to attempt to change the brightness, the brightness bar does show the animation of going up/down but the actual...
  4. Unable to change brightness on laptop after windows update

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. UNDESIRED FOLDERS

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    UNDESIRED FOLDERS: In DOCUMENTS two undesired folders keep appearing right after being definitely removed; their names always begin with AO eg: AOvalue 180 , AOstore17 and ___l eg: ___lwrap91 ___ldefinitions41 and include different files word, excel, acces, txt, pem with ever varying fancy...
  6. Windows 10 Color Temperature Change Undesired. Update?

Windows 10 Color Temperature Change Undesired. Update?: As the title says seems my whole system has gotten 'WARMER' which I do not want. I need my display to be as color accurate as possible. I am aware of the 'Night Mode' which I used to like to engage after work, but now the controls as well as a few others are 'Greyed Out'...
  7. Cannot adjust screen brightness since most recent update late August 2020

Cannot adjust screen brightness since most recent update late August 2020: Cannot adjust screen brightness since most recent Windows update late August 2020. It's a Lenovo Thinkpad P51 Intel R core TM i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz 64bit operating system, x64-based processor Windows 10 Home Version 2004 OS build 19041.450 Thank you for any...
  8. Cannot change brightness after windows update

Cannot change brightness after windows update: I kept getting the popup to update windows so I update windows now I CANNOT change the brightness even with hotkeys everything was working fine before I did the update. I have tried everything literally. I know what you will probably reply. Enable Generic PnP Monitor, I've...
  9. Brightness no longer changing after update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Brightness no longer changing after update: I did an update on June 3 listed as KB4503864 and after that update, I can no longer change the brightness on my Dell Inspiron 15 5000 series laptop. I have looked around at how to fix but nothing is working. Is there some sort of patch that can be down in order for this...
  10. brightness after update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    brightness after update: my screen brightness is dim and I cant adjust it now after update a couple days ago. I want this fixed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/brightness-after-update/48f191b9-272b-4b99-839b-74299ca6a207

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows update september 2019 screen brightness changing