Windows 10: Undetected Network Streaming Media Device

Discus and support Undetected Network Streaming Media Device in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I just upgraded from Windows 7 Home to Windows 10 Home. Now my computer doesn't detect my streaming media device which was working fine under Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MitchCanter, Oct 24, 2020.

1. Undetected Network Streaming Media Device

I just upgraded from Windows 7 Home to Windows 10 Home. Now my computer doesn't detect my streaming media device which was working fine under Windows 7. It's the HDHomeRun Duo TV Tuner. When I enter its URL in my browser, the browser displays its information so I know that the device is working but Windows 10 doesn't see it on the network. My Windows 10 laptop, elsewhere in the house, does. How do I get my computer to recognize this device?

:)

MitchCanter, Oct 24, 2020
  2. wh0pper28 Win User

Network Locations/Media Devices

Hello everyone,

I have encountered a problem, one which I cannot seem to solve. I have several shared folders and media streaming enabled on my PC which originally displayed under 'This PC' as a Network Location, however now it is not displayed there at all and the only place it is shown is under 'Network' where is it listed as a Media Device, I have played around with a bunch of settings from the shared folders themselves to the media streaming service to no avail. Could someone please enlighten me with an explanation as to why this is happening as well as how I can resolve it.

Thanks in advance!

wh0pper28, Oct 24, 2020
  3. Media Streaming DLNA no longer works after Anniversary edition upgrade

Hello,

Most of the DLNA servers can be fixed by reconfiguring it on your computer. So, I would suggest you to remove the DLNA servers from your computer and reconfigure it again to check if it resolves the issue.

If issue still persists, I suggest you to follow the steps below and check, if it helps:

• Go to system tray and click on network and sharing
    • Select change advanced sharing settings at the left top of the screen
    • At the bottom select All network
    • Under media streaming, select choose media streaming option
    • Under show devices on select customize from Xbox
    • Uncheck the Use default settings and check mark make all of the media in my library available to this device

Post back if the issue persist. We’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Anju Thekkethil, Oct 24, 2020
  4. CodyBob Win User

Undetected Network Streaming Media Device

Windows Media Streaming - removed device off network discovery

Control Panel> Network and Internet> Network and Sharing Center> Media streaming options

When you hover over a device you have the option to remove it from the list. I accidentally removed my other PC off this list and would like help undoing my problem. I cannot find anywhere on my pc or online on how to fix this.

CodyBob, Oct 24, 2020
Thema:

Undetected Network Streaming Media Device

1. Undetected Network Streaming Media Device - Similar Threads - Undetected Network Streaming

2. media streaming

in Windows 10 Customization
    media streaming: Recently I lost the connection between my media server and my Roku Ultra. I've listened to and followed advice as well as read tech "how-To's" All that leads me to conclude that my version of windows [win 10 pro x64 v. 2004 build 19041.329] lacks a way to turn on media...
  3. Windows Media Streaming - removed device off network discovery

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Media Streaming - removed device off network discovery: Control Panel> Network and Internet> Network and Sharing Center> Media streaming options When you hover over a device you have the option to remove it from the list. I accidentally removed my other PC off this list and would like help undoing my problem. I cannot find...
  4. Media Streaming

Media Streaming: I just installed an internal WiFi adapter in my Windows 10 Pro machine. When I went to enable Media Streaming, I learned that my new local hotspot will allow anyone in range to my PC to see the security password on my WiFi card. I need to know how to hide the security...
  5. media streaming on network.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    media streaming on network.: I have windows 10 pro version 10.0 build 17134 in an HP envy. I have tried to turn on file sharing and media streaming. when I try to turn on media streaming it fails and Windows services administrative tools option appears with Windows Media Player Network Sharing Service or...
  6. media player streaming on network

media player streaming on network: playing content from media player on home network https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/media-player-streaming-on-network/397644e7-cd42-411a-9106-28a7d8e51971
  7. media streaming

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    media streaming: recently I was trying to import photos via a memory card as I always have only to receive the same message over & over. something went wrong-try again. so I attempted to find out why. at that time I discovered that Media Streaming was turned OFF and of course it prompted me...
  8. Media streaming

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Media streaming: How does media streaming work? Are you more or less protected when streaming is turned on? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/media-streaming/3fc4b761-8545-483f-a592-26e90c029a12"
  9. USB devices undetected.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB devices undetected.: Ok im sure you guys have read this a hundred times, usb devices not being detected, well here is my dilemma. All my usb storage devices which some are old and some new work perfectly fine, my old camera from 2009 with usb connector works perfectly fine, my old 2009 mobile...
  10. How does one network Win10 with a media streaming device?

How does one network Win10 with a media streaming device?: For perhaps a decade now I have watched video and listened to music from my computer's media collection (now grown to over 6 terabytes) using a wired ethernet connection over to my stereo/TV thru a media streaming device (currently an LG bluray player). First I was using...