Windows 10: Undo- all folders on desktop renamed

Discus and support Undo- all folders on desktop renamed in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, Using Windows 10 I created a new folder on my desktop, renamed it to pictures, had a conflict with something in my recycle bin and clicked... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by RFost, Feb 7, 2019.

1. RFost Win User

Undo- all folders on desktop renamed

Hello,

Using Windows 10

I created a new folder on my desktop, renamed it to pictures, had a conflict with something in my recycle bin and clicked cancel. After that all my icons on my desktop changed to a variation of random (number). (Pictures 1-15)

This happened to all of my folders on the desktop.

Ctrl Z does not return files to original name.

How can I get original names of folders on desktop?

Thank you.

:)

RFost, Feb 7, 2019

2. files and folders "renaming music folder to audio"

Hello,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.

• Are you facing any issues in renaming folder?
    • When you say, "music folder does not apply anymore as a primary designation" what exactly are you referring to?
    Follow the steps below to rename folder:

• Right click on a folder which you want to rename.
    • Select Rename and enter new name for it.
    Hope this helps. Kindly get back to us with the above details to assist you further.

Thank You.

ThofikhAhamad, Feb 7, 2019
  3. Ruz San Win User
    My Downloads Renamed Itself to Desktop

Hi Matt,

To rename the folder back to Downloads, follow these steps:

• Open File Explorer.
    • Click on This PC.
    • Open Local Disk (CUndo- all folders on desktop renamed :).
    • Open Users.
    • Open the folder of the user profile you are experiencing this issue in.
    • Rename the second Desktop icon you see as Downloads.
    • Close File Explorer then reopen it.
    • Check if the Downloads folder has been renamed successfully.

Let us know if this resolves the problem.

Ruz San, Feb 7, 2019
  4. Undo- all folders on desktop renamed

Can't rename folder.

Hi Howard,

It is possible that the difficulty renaming your folder is due to access/account limitation or a recent change was made on your computer. For better assistance, please answer the following questions:

• Are you getting an error message when trying to rename the folder?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried?
    • Can you send us a screenshot of the "Public" folders?

We will be waiting for your response.

Dennis Mop, Feb 7, 2019
Thema:

Undo- all folders on desktop renamed

1. Undo- all folders on desktop renamed - Similar Threads - Undo folders desktop

2. rename folder change place on desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    rename folder change place on desktop: HelloI'm having a strange problem with my windows 11 pro. When I change the name of the files on the desktop, the location of the files changes. I can get into very silly situations when using it on multiple screens. I can't reset my computer to factory settings because I...
  3. rename folder change place on desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    rename folder change place on desktop: HelloI'm having a strange problem with my windows 11 pro. When I change the name of the files on the desktop, the location of the files changes. I can get into very silly situations when using it on multiple screens. I can't reset my computer to factory settings because I...
  4. Rename all image on every folder and subfolder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Rename all image on every folder and subfolder: Hello, I need to Rename all image on every folder and subfoldermy structure of folder isImages/product-1000/askjdhkasdasd.jpgImages/product-1001/897897gfh87f.jpgImages/product-1002/dsf98778967d.jpg.... n....and i need to rename it...
  5. Accidently merged desktop folder with user folder renaming user folder

Accidently merged desktop folder with user folder renaming user folder: while trying to move Desktop folder from one drive to another I accidently merged the two. I then followed the directions in the following link and succeeded in separating the two using registry...
  6. My downloads folder is renamed to desktop.

My downloads folder is renamed to desktop.: I tried to make it so that my folders in my desktop would be shown in my downloads folder but now it renamed my downloads folder to desktop. I am wondering how to switch this back. I tried using the reset to default option but it did nothing.[ATTACH]...
  7. Rename original folder name Desktop

Rename original folder name Desktop: Somehow, I installed windows in Portuguese and later changed to English. My desktop folder as the alias name "Desktop" but the original name still is "Ambiente de trabalho" in Portuguese. Normally this works fine, but some of the software I use example Goodsync uses the...
  8. Ransomware renamed all of my files in all folders

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Ransomware renamed all of my files in all folders: So i was playing call of duty, lockdown i mean there isnt much to do at home Suddenly my PC started acting weird. Then i noticed all my files went blank. So as i was scrolling to my docs and all my other files... they all have this .id blah blah blah. Idk how this got passed...
  9. Ransomware renamed all of my files in all folders

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Ransomware renamed all of my files in all folders: So i was playing call of duty, lockdown i mean there isnt much to do at home Suddenly my PC started acting weird. Then i noticed all my files went blank. So as i was scrolling to my docs and all my other files... they all have this .id blah blah blah. Idk how this got passed...
  10. RENAME OF DESKTOP FOLDER NAME

RENAME OF DESKTOP FOLDER NAME: Hi, My computer language is English and all folder names are English, but Desktop folder is shown as 'Masaustu' in Turkish language. How can I change the 'Masaustu' folder name to 'Desktop'? Thanks. [ATTACH]...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. desktop just renamed all my files how to undo

2. undo renaming of files and folders

3. windows 10 desktop files renamed