Windows 10: Undo "Always use this app to open .abc files"

Discus and support Undo "Always use this app to open .abc files" in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Is there any way to undo a "Always use this app to open .abc files"? I have accidentally tries to open a .asd file with word, which is not possible.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Aitbead, Jan 30, 2020.

1. Undo "Always use this app to open .abc files"

Is there any way to undo a "Always use this app to open .abc files"? I have accidentally tries to open a .asd file with word, which is not possible. Now windows 10 gives the icon for word when a file is of the type .asd. I know this question is asked before, but it always requires you to download a third party app, or just simply change the default program. I don't want to download an extra program, and I want the computer to just not open it with any program.

submitted by /u/Aitbead
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Aitbead, Jan 30, 2020
  2. Rex99ny Win User

How do I open file XYZ with application ABC ?

How do I open file XYZ with application ABC ?

I have a file with an extension that does not matter.

I want to open it in an application of my choosing.

I highlight the file in a file browser, right click and select OPEN WITH.

The options presented to me does not include the application I wish to use.

I click CHOOSE ANOTHER APP.

I am presented with several other Microsoft programs. The application I wish to use is not listed.

I know Microsoft knows best, but I really want to use application ABC.

How do I Open With application ABC ?

Rex99ny, Jan 30, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Undo "Always use this app to open .abc files" :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Jan 30, 2020
  4. Kevin_KK Win User

Undo "Always use this app to open .abc files"

How to undo "always open with" option in Windows 10 (1803 build)

I accidentally click "always open with" a particular application on a BibTeX file and now the icons of all such files change to the icon of that app and I cannot find a way to undo the operation. In fact, I want Windows to always ask me how to open
    a BibTeX file
    instead of sticking to a specific program. Thanks for any suggestions!

Here I found some related posts but none of them seem to solve my problem:

Here are what I've tried, but none of them works:

• Execute "assoc .bib= && assoc .bibtex=" in cmd.exe as Administrator.
      Nothing happens.
    • In Settings under "choose default apps by file type", remove the default app at ".bib" entry.
      However, there's no such entry.

Kevin_KK, Jan 30, 2020
Thema:

Undo "Always use this app to open .abc files"

1. Undo "Always use this app to open .abc files" - Similar Threads - Undo Always app

2. Undo the Always Use selection for opening a specific file type

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Undo the Always Use selection for opening a specific file type: Help. My logo vender sent me a vector file in .ai. When I tried to open it, I chose the app Microsoft XML Handler and left "always use" checked. I can't open it. How do I "undo" the always use selection? I just want it to back to the point where it asks me what to use so I...
  3. always use this app to open missing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    always use this app to open missing: Hi guys, I tried so many workarounds and "fixes" but still it doesn't show app, on the settings(associate file type by app) I can't find my app. Any help? Thanks! windows 10 1909 submitted by /u/AnonPH009 [link] [comments]...
  4. Open With - missing 'Always use this app..'

in Windows 10 Support
    Open With - missing 'Always use this app..': Hi, I have two laptops running 1903 (18362.720), as you can see from my specs. The check box "Always use this app..." is missing on the one with the more recent clean install (about 2.5 years ago). And it's missing if I create and use another user account. It's present on...
  5. How do I Undo "always open file with"

How do I Undo "always open file with": I have a problem. I have been using sims 4 mods, which uses .package files that need to be downloaded, copied, then moved into a different folder. I am familiar with downloading these, but I clicked an option I thought would make it easier. When I downloaded that file, I...
  6. How can I undo "Always use this app to open .cfg files" checkbox?

How can I undo "Always use this app to open .cfg files" checkbox?: Hi there, I have a problem. I did check "Always use this app to open .cfg files" and select Notepad. Now I want to take back what I did. I tried to reset however it didnt work. I dont want that always open my .cfg files with notepad. I just want to stay the way how it was...
  7. Undo or reset Always use this app to open files option in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Undo or reset Always use this app to open files option in Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Every file opens with one of the built-in apps in Windows 10 by Microsoft. For example, you may want to set Photos as the default app for a photo viewer. If you are not satisfied with the options suggested by [...] This post Undo or reset Always use this app...
  8. ABC iView App

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    ABC iView App: I am new to the windows 10 platform. Can anyone tell me if there is an App for ABC iView and where I can find it. If it makes any difference I have a Surface Pro 6. Finding Apps seems to be a nightmare. Thanks in advance....
  9. "Always use this app to open .xml files" not working

"Always use this app to open .xml files" not working: Every time when I receive an .xml file in Outlook and try to open it, it will prompt a dialog and ask me to choose an APP to open it. Even though I tick "Always use this app to open .xml files", the next time I open it, same thing happens. So can anyone help me fix it. Many...
  10. "Always use this app to open...files" not working.

"Always use this app to open...files" not working.: Default apps for ANY filetype is not working. I tried the following without success: - Right Click -> Open With -> "Always use this app to open...files" not working. - Right Click -> Properties -> Opens with -> Chose a .exe and nothing happens - Default App Settings ->...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. always open with setting