Windows 10: undo changes in the windows registry

Discus and support undo changes in the windows registry in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Good morning, I downloaded an exe file but I couldn´t open it or execute it. Hence I searched in the internet what could I do and windows support... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by LeyreAnza, Apr 6, 2020.

1. LeyreAnza Win User

undo changes in the windows registry

Good morning,

I downloaded an exe file but I couldn´t open it or execute it. Hence I searched in the internet what could I do and windows support told me to do the following changes.

1. Haga clic en Iniciobotón y escriba regedit en el cuadro debúsqueda
    2. Haga clic en Regedit.exe en la lista devuelta y haga clic en Ejecutar como administrador
    3. Busque la siguiente clave del registro:

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.exe
    4. .Exe seleccionado, haga clic en predeterminada y haga clic enmodificar...
    5. Cambiar el información del valor: a exefile
    6. Busque y, a continuación, haga clic en la clave del registro siguiente:

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\exefile
    7. Con exefileseleccionado, haga clic en predeterminada y haga clic enmodificar...
    8. Cambiar el información del valor: a "% 1" % *
    9. Busque y, a continuación, haga clic en la clave del registro siguiente:

KEY_CLASSES_ROOT\exefile\shell\open
    10. Con Abrirseleccionado, haga clic en predeterminada y haga clic enmodificar...
    11. Cambio de la información del valor: a "% 1" % *
    12. Cierre el Editor del registro y reinicie su PC

However, I think I might have written an additional point or additional character in what I was supose to change in the register and now, I cant open any exe files and my computer doesnt work well at all. I have still read in the internet that you can create a reg file in order to make changes in the register and I would like to do this. However, I am not 100% sure about the content of this reg file. Could please someone help me with this? I have Windows 10

Thank you very much in advance!

:)

LeyreAnza, Apr 6, 2020

2. Registry editor

Hi Ruben,

Changes made using the Registry Editor can greatly affect how your system works. Should you wish to undo those changes, we suggest that you restore your system to an earlier state. To do this, simply follow the steps in this

article

You can also find this
    article
    useful for backing up your files before making changes with your registry.

Should you have further questions, please let us know.

Jefferson Ore, Apr 6, 2020
  3. windows 10 undoing changes loop

Hi,

This issue is caused by a corrupted updates on your computer.

We found an article similar to your concern. We suggest following the troubleshooting steps provided by Sumit Dhiman2 on this
    thread.

Get back to us if you need further assistance.

Gerard Qui, Apr 6, 2020
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

Window Update Undoing changes made to your computer issue

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to help you with the appropriate troubleshooting steps, pleas reply with the details requested below:

• Do you receive any error message after Windows update?
    • May I know after which update do you see this message?
    • When you say, “this message appear about half and hour" does the computer boot to the desktop?
    • What is the make and model of the computer?

If the computer doesn’t boot to the Desktop, I would suggest you to refer the suggestions provided by DaveM121 replied on April 7, 2019 in the thread

'Undoing changes made to your computer' in Windows 10

If you are able to boot the computer to the Desktop, I would suggest you to run the

Windows Update Troubleshooter
    and see if that helps.

If the issue persists, I would suggest you to reset Windows Update components. Kindly refer the article by Sumit on

How to:Reset Windows update components in Windows

You may also want to refer the steps mentioned in the article
    Troubleshoot problems updating Windows 10

Note: While performing chkdsk on the hard drive if any bad sectors are found on the hard drive when chkdsk tries to repair that sector if any data available on that might be lost. Also, the last step in the article
    talks about Clean installation, please do not perform a clean installation of Windows.

Let us know the results, we will be glad to help you.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Apr 6, 2020
Thema:

1. undo changes in the windows registry - Similar Threads - undo changes registry

2. Undo a registry editor?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Undo a registry editor?: I followed this reply from user DaveM121 until step 3, then i decided that i don't want to change so i deleted the desktop file that I created on step 1 and closed the registry editor. The next day, when i open my computer i found out that i have two desktop on quick access,...
  3. Undo a registry editor?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Undo a registry editor?: I followed this reply from user DaveM121 until step 3, then i decided that i don't want to change so i deleted the desktop file that I created on step 1 and closed the registry editor. The next day, when i open my computer i found out that i have two desktop on quick access,...
  4. undo a registry editor?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    undo a registry editor?: I had the same issue as this person. My brand new keyboard has a spamming problem, it is especially annoying when I go to CTRL+V something or make a capital letter and IIIIIIIIII end up with lot of them.and I followed the advice to paste this into my Notepad:1. Press the...
  5. undo a registry editor?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    undo a registry editor?: I had the same issue as this person. My brand new keyboard has a spamming problem, it is especially annoying when I go to CTRL+V something or make a capital letter and IIIIIIIIII end up with lot of them.and I followed the advice to paste this into my Notepad:1. Press the...
  6. undo a registry editor?

7. Undoing registry values

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Undoing registry values: I don't know what I've changed ik i should have created a restore point first so I'm wondering if I can just skip the restore step and go to the sfc /scannow part which I've seen listed as plan b. Basically wondering if I can just skip to step 2 as step 1 cannot be done ever....
  8. Undoing registry values

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Undoing registry values: I don't know what I've changed ik i should have created a restore point first so I'm wondering if I can just skip the restore step and go to the sfc /scannow part which I've seen listed as plan b. Basically wondering if I can just skip to step 2 as step 1 cannot be done ever....
  9. want to undo recently changed registries

want to undo recently changed registries: recently i tried to connect my phone as webcam through droid cam app by watching yotube tutorial. in those tutorial he made me install some registries. now i couldn't use my integrated camera in google or any other browser. these are the registers i instaled in tutorial...
  10. Undo registry changes

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Undo registry changes: So some time ago I made a .reg file to change the windows default font. How do I undo these changes? Like it works but not all the time, sometimes there are these block placeholders in some places. I followed this guide. Thanks in advance! submitted by /u/HighwayMcGee...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. regedit windows 10 undo changes