Windows 10: Undo clicking the "size all columns to fit"

Discus and support Undo clicking the "size all columns to fit" in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I was recently in Windows Explorer organizing some files, and suddenly I clicked "size all columns to fit". I don't like this view because it makes the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DairyProducts, Aug 17, 2020.

1. Undo clicking the "size all columns to fit"

I was recently in Windows Explorer organizing some files, and suddenly I clicked "size all columns to fit". I don't like this view because it makes the text look compact. The OCD side of me didn't want to drag the columns around because then they wouldn't match the rest of the folders, so I deleted the folderit was empty and made a new one in the same directory titled the same thing. The only issue is, when I do this, the column layout is restored to what it was before. Is there a way to reset the column layout in File Explorer?

:)

DairyProducts, Aug 17, 2020
  2. Paola Gar Win User

File Explorer: Size all columns to fit (as a default view)

Hi,

To clarify your concern, we'd like to know if you're trying to change the width of all columns to fit their contents in a folder. If yes, kindly follow the steps below:

• Open the folder with a details layout view that you want to change the width of columns to fit.
    • Click on the View tab.
    • Click on Size all columns to fit in the ribbon.

Undo clicking the "size all columns to fit" eeea339d-a1e0-4522-afe3-31f32bb87c65.jpg

Let us know how it goes.

Paola Gar, Aug 17, 2020
  3. Maintain Explorer Column Sizing

Okay, when I said, This doesn't work .." I was referring to a global fix for folders and subfolders ... Unless i did something wrong.

Your step-by-step instructions seems to have worked, on a per folder basis (I had been using Right click on name column and "Size all Columns to fit" Perhaps there is a difference in manually resizing the column at the dividing line ... but it still doesn't
    resize all sub folders and files globally. If I click on one of the folders in the group I resized, the files in that folder have to be resized also ...

I mean, I guess if this fix works, I can resize the name column of every file folder as I click on them but better would be to resize the Documents file, double click it, click Excel and have all the worksheet file names already sized to fit ...

FredVavrek, Aug 17, 2020
  4. Undo clicking the "size all columns to fit"

COLUMN RESIZING

Hi Patrick,

You have the options to use the "Size all columns to fit" in File Explorer.

To help you resolve your concern, kindly follow these steps:

• Open File Explorer in the taskbar or press Ctrl + E.
    • Click the View Tab and then click Details.
    • After clicking Details, you have the option to click the
      Add columns
      and Size all columns to fit.
    You may also read the
    What's changed in File Explorer
    article for more information.

Do let us know if you need further assistance.

Raymond Ave, Aug 17, 2020
Thema:

Undo clicking the "size all columns to fit"

1. Undo clicking the "size all columns to fit" - Similar Threads - Undo clicking size

2. how to globally "size all columns to fit"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to globally "size all columns to fit": I am like super tired by manually doing "size all columns to fit" on my windows 11. It is extremely frustrating and also makes me super unproductive during my work. Is there any software or any way so that I can globally do "size all columns to fit" on my windows explorer....
  3. how to globally "size all columns to fit"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to globally "size all columns to fit": I am like super tired by manually doing "size all columns to fit" on my windows 11. It is extremely frustrating and also makes me super unproductive during my work. Is there any software or any way so that I can globally do "size all columns to fit" on my windows explorer....
  4. Defaulting "size all columns to fit" globally/permanently in Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Defaulting "size all columns to fit" globally/permanently in Windows 11?: Is there a way to permanently default "size all columns to fit" in Windows 11? I recognize that this question has been asked many times in many ways, but I have not seen a workable or any Microsoft response...
  5. Defaulting "size all columns to fit" globally/permanently in Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Defaulting "size all columns to fit" globally/permanently in Windows 11?: Is there a way to permanently default "size all columns to fit" in Windows 11? I recognize that this question has been asked many times in many ways, but I have not seen a workable or any Microsoft response...
  6. Size Column to Fit

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Size Column to Fit: I need to permanently size columns to fit content instead of having to select it every single time a folder is opened. Is there a solution yet? I cannot find an option to select "apply to all folders."...
  7. screen size too big, doesn't fit all the aps

in Windows 10 Customization
    screen size too big, doesn't fit all the aps: Have to reduce screen size everything too big. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-size-too-big-doesnt-fit-all-the-aps/8ca85d55-7122-48ed-b542-cf39f4edbd34
  8. Auto-Define Column Width Dynamically in File Explorer: Size all columns to fit (as a...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Auto-Define Column Width Dynamically in File Explorer: Size all columns to fit (as a...: Size all columns to fit (as a default view). I thought the former question asked was a fairly straight-forward question, especially since I typed the request into Google almost verbatim so of course a) the question was, indeed, straightforward; b) from the fact that there...
  9. How do I get Explorer to apply 'size all columns to fit' globally?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I get Explorer to apply 'size all columns to fit' globally?: I've just bought a new laptop with Windows 10. For all my subfolders within the Documents folder, I've set Explorer to display the information as 'Details'. Is there any way of telling it to apply the 'size all columns to fit' option for every subfolder? I know how to do...
  10. Size All Columns to Fit for Folder in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Size All Columns to Fit for Folder in Windows 10: How to: Size All Columns to Fit for Folder in Windows 10 How to Size Width of All Columns to Fit for Folder in Windows 10 In Windows, you can change the layout view of the content of your folders to how you like. When you are using a details layout view for items in...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows explorer colums size