Windows 10: Undo combined contacts

Discus and support Undo combined contacts in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I have just added a contact to the Windows 10 people app, and was given the choice of combining this contact with another. This I chose to do with a... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Ninaco, Feb 13, 2019.

1. Ninaco Win User

Undo combined contacts

I have just added a contact to the Windows 10 people app, and was given the choice of combining this contact with another. This I chose to do with a family member of my contact, but now all the telehone numbers are put together and I do not know which one goes with which brother. How can I unlink these combined contacts?

:)

Ninaco, Feb 13, 2019
  2. garym123 Win User

outlook.com contacts not syncing details that were duplicated in Messenger contacts info after Messenger contact removed

Have you tried Manage(at the top), 'clean up contacts'?

You will be presented with a list of contacts that may be duplicates You will have choices.

"These look like matches. Clear the checkbox for any you don't want to combine."

Clean up duplicate contacts

You can combine duplicate contacts into a single one with all the contact info.

Use “Clean up contacts”

• In People, click Manage, then click Clean up contacts.

• Within each contact set, clear the check box for any contact you don’t want in the set.

• Repeat step 2 for all contact sets, and then click Clean up.

Search and combine manually

• In the People search field, type the name of the contact you’re looking for.

• In the search result, select the contacts you want to combine, and then click
      Link.

Undo a combined contact
    When a new combined contact is created, the original duplicate contacts are then deleted. If you accidentally combine two or more contacts that are actually different people, here’s how to restore them.

• In People, click Manage, and then Restore deleted contacts.

• Select the original contacts you want to restore, then click Restore.

• Click the incorrectly-combined contact, click Delete, then click
      Delete again.

garym123, Feb 13, 2019
  3. garym123 Win User
    Duplicate Contacts.. which ones to delete?

from the link above

Clean up duplicate contacts at https://people.live.com

You can combine duplicate contacts into a single one with all the contact info.

Use “Clean up contacts”

• In People, click Manage, then click Clean up contacts.

• Within each contact set, clear the check box for any contact you don’t want in the set.

• Repeat step 2 for all contact sets, and then click Clean up.

Search and combine manually

• In the People search field, type the name of the contact you’re looking for.

• In the search result, select the contacts you want to combine, and then click
      Link.

Undo a combined contact
    When a new combined contact is created, the original duplicate contacts are then deleted. If you accidentally combine two or more contacts that are actually different people, here’s how to restore them.

• In People, click Manage, and then Restore deleted contacts.

• Select the original contacts you want to restore, then click Restore.

• Click the incorrectly-combined contact, click Delete, then click
      Delete again.

garym123, Feb 13, 2019
  4. bestellen Win User

Undo combined contacts

Deleting contacts from Windows 10

When you say Windows Mail Live are you referring to Mail app or Windows Live Mail?

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Open Windows Live Mail.
    • Press Ctrl + 3 using your keyboard. Right-click on the contact to delete it if it is a single contact.
    • Highlight all contacts by pressing Ctrl + A.
    • Click Delete located on the Ribbon bar.
    • Click OK when you see the message These contacts will also be deleted from Hotmail, Messenger, and other Windows Live services.

After following the steps above, all your contacts that you have manually added to your account will be deleted however, contacts coming from third-party sites such as Facebook will not be deleted unless you remove Facebook from your account.

For Mail app:

Open People app then delete the contact.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

bestellen, Feb 13, 2019
Thema:

Undo combined contacts

1. Undo combined contacts - Similar Threads - Undo combined contacts

2. How to unlink incorrectly linked / combined contacts in People app in Windows 10 ?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to unlink incorrectly linked / combined contacts in People app in Windows 10 ?: I have just discovered contact records showing info combined from two records which should not be merged. How do I unlink these records? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-unlink-incorrectly-linked-combined-contacts/40b8e25e-66fe-40fb-a58e-2a3a082829c8
  3. Combining Files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Combining Files: I have been working on two computers over the winter. At home, I have been saving data to my hard drive. When I went to work the other day I copied the file directory to a flash drive. At work I only saved files to the flash drive. It is now time to consolidate. When I...
  4. Combine partitions

Combine partitions: Can someone tell me how I am going to be able to put the unallocated space into my C drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/combine-partitions/7e0c861b-8296-4566-a83a-68e7400ca4de"
  5. Combining files

Combining files: How do I combine several .jpg images into one file? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/combining-files/ef31b660-85f2-4d0b-a4f1-d0ae91588f38"
  6. How to unlink combine contacts in People app

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to unlink combine contacts in People app: I have a problem with the People app. It started when I added a new contact to this app and was recommended to combine this contact with another. I did it and combined the contact with another on my list. Currently I have all the telephone numbers together confused and I am...
  7. Unlink combined contacts - People app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unlink combined contacts - People app: I have just added a contact to the Windows 10 people app, and was given the choice of combining this contact with another. This I chose to do with a family member of my contact, but now all the telehone numbers are put together and I do not know which one goes with which...
  8. Combining files

Combining files: How do I combine a bunch of document files that I created from snip it to make it all one file? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/combining-files/f67159e3-ed0f-45fc-bb0a-73890fdbbd3b"
  9. undo

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    undo: I hit undo and lost some info how can I get it back https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_productivity/undo/6ec9eb37-0a9b-469e-a877-3a85c03513c6
  10. Combination of problems

in Windows 10 Support
    Combination of problems: Hi there. To start from the begining... Had an issue with PC few months ago, some really helpful guy,via other forum, told me my HDD is dying and it needs to be replaced. It can last 2 days or 2 years - was his words. I didnt change HDD and PC was working fine after a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 combined contacts

2. how to remove combined contacts in people

3. how to remove combined contacts in windows 10

4. how to delete combined contact in windows 10,
  5. combined contacts,
  6. what are combined contacts in win 10,
  7. what are combined contacts