Windows 10: Undo Created folder with same name

Discus and support Undo Created folder with same name in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; How do I Undo after I created a folder with same name and the old files are gone? submitted by /u/Sameer5858 [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Sameer5858, Oct 5, 2020.

1. Undo Created folder with same name

How do I Undo after I created a folder with same name and the old files are gone?

submitted by /u/Sameer5858
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Sameer5858, Oct 5, 2020
  2. topgundcp Win User

Unable to delete a folder - Invalid folder name

Suggestion:
    1. Run chkdsk x: /r to make sure that there's no HD corruption.
      x: is the drive containing the folder you want to delete.
    2. Try to delete the folder again. If still does not work, go to step 3.
    3. Download: Download - Linux Mint and create a bootable USB using: Rufus - Create bootable USB
    4. Boot up with Linux Mint and try to delete the folder again.
      NOTE: Unlike WinPE. Linux does not have any Windows permission imposed to it so it is easier to delete.

topgundcp, Oct 5, 2020
  3. Moved a folder from another drive and rename and it still shows as the old folder name in certain places

Hi Nick,

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check the behavior.

• Create a new folder name it as 'My Videos'.
    • Now copy/cut and paste the contents which are in the folder "Videos", and delete the folder "Videos".
    • Now check the behavior.
    Please keep us updated with the status of the folder, to assist you further.

Regards,

Syed Abdul Jabbar, Oct 5, 2020
  4. Undo Created folder with same name

Folder names changed after folder move

I have windows 10. I am working with pictures. I created a new file folder and moved about 30 other folders under the new folder. The 30 folders all had names I had created. After the move, all those folder name are gone and just the date of each file
    folder is there. I tried undoing, and it didn't bring back my folder names. Any suggestions? I have moved folders many times in the past, and this has never happened.

RickJohnson8, Oct 5, 2020
Thema:

Undo Created folder with same name

1. Undo Created folder with same name - Similar Threads - Undo Created folder

2. Same file name on same folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Same file name on same folder: Hi . I have windows 10 And it hepend few times that i same file name and same file format qt the same folderThis time i didnt change the name of the exact filesI just download the files from email and download two times than put them on the same folder..and it let me...Ive...
  3. Same file name on same folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Same file name on same folder: Hi . I have windows 10 And it hepend few times that i same file name and same file format qt the same folderThis time i didnt change the name of the exact filesI just download the files from email and download two times than put them on the same folder..and it let me...Ive...
  4. Same file name on same folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. 2 Startup folders with the exact same name in the same name

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2 Startup folders with the exact same name in the same name: i have 2 startup folders in the same folder for some unknown to me reason. When i put in "shells:startup" in Run it opens up a startup folder thats read only and its empty whenever i try to change it to not be read only it just reapplies after the properties window closes...
  6. Folders with the same name

Folders with the same name: Is there a way to create a folder on the same drive and with the same name in Windows 10?I did it years ago but I don't remember, could someone help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/folders-with-the-same-name/06f77a02-0984-4102-a874-c4c55e782ea4
  7. Folders with the same name

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Folders with the same name: Is there a way to create a folder on the same drive and with the same name in Windows 10?I did it years ago but I don't remember, could someone help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/folders-with-the-same-name/06f77a02-0984-4102-a874-c4c55e782ea4
  8. Folders with the same name

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. How to overwrite Junction folder or create with the same name?

How to overwrite Junction folder or create with the same name?: Hi, I want to create a junction folder or overwrite it with the same folder name in OneDrive because it already has 65GB of data, so creating a new one will re-upload all the data which is difficult for me. So I want to continue from the last time it stopped syncing....
  10. Two folders of the same name in the same folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Two folders of the same name in the same folder: Hi All, Could someone please help me to understand if there is any problems with this. By accident, I just discovered one of my folders has two subfolders which are of exactly the same name, though their date stamps are different. It must have come about when I mass...