Windows 10: Undo Move

Discus and support Undo Move in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have File Explorer open and was looking for a folder and accidentally moved files...I just caught "moving files...." before it disappeared. I do not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by KarenCisek, Jul 13, 2020.

1. Undo Move

I have File Explorer open and was looking for a folder and accidentally moved files...I just caught "moving files...." before it disappeared. I do not see an "Undo Move" although I think this exists?

:)

KarenCisek, Jul 13, 2020
  2. davidg101 Win User

undo move

how to find a move transaction or undo

davidg101, Jul 13, 2020
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    undo move

Hi David

If they have moved out of the folder the move originated in, then undoing the move will not be possible, because the clipboard will have been cleared . . .

DaveM121, Jul 13, 2020
  4. DaveM121 Win User

Undo Move

undo move

Hi David,

If you are still in the same folder, either press Ctrl + Z or right click an empty space and choose 'Undo Move' . . .

DaveM121, Jul 13, 2020
Thema:

Undo Move

1. Undo Move - Similar Threads - Undo Move

2. PC won’t move past ‘undoing changes made to your computer’ and F8/fn keys don’t appear to work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC won’t move past ‘undoing changes made to your computer’ and F8/fn keys don’t appear to work: Good afternoon, After turning my PC on the system jumps to ‘undoing changes made to your computer’.I’ve left the PC on for a number of hours at a time and the screen/system never changes. Currently been on for over 5 hours today.I’ve attempted force reboots and F8/other...
  3. PC won’t move past ‘undoing changes made to your computer’ and F8/fn keys don’t appear to work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC won’t move past ‘undoing changes made to your computer’ and F8/fn keys don’t appear to work: Good afternoon, After turning my PC on the system jumps to ‘undoing changes made to your computer’.I’ve left the PC on for a number of hours at a time and the screen/system never changes. Currently been on for over 5 hours today.I’ve attempted force reboots and F8/other...
  4. PC won’t move past ‘undoing changes made to your computer’ and F8/fn keys don’t appear to work

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Undo moves in windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Undo moves in windows 11: I moved a lot of files in File Explorer, and some of them replaced existing files. I want to know if it's possible to undo itunlike Windows 10, there is no Ctrl + Z in Windows 11...
  6. Undo moves in windows 11

Undo moves in windows 11: I moved a lot of files in File Explorer, and some of them replaced existing files. I want to know if it's possible to undo itunlike Windows 10, there is no Ctrl + Z in Windows 11...
  7. how can I move taskbar to top of screen? UNDO what MS Broke in Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how can I move taskbar to top of screen? UNDO what MS Broke in Windows 11?: how can I move taskbar to top of screen? UNDO what MS Broke in Windows 11? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-move-taskbar-to-top-of-screen-undo-what/f6a2c303-27fc-4eee-b8cc-dc84ad124432
  8. how can I move taskbar to top of screen? UNDO what MS Broke in Windows 11?

how can I move taskbar to top of screen? UNDO what MS Broke in Windows 11?: how can I move taskbar to top of screen? UNDO what MS Broke in Windows 11? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-move-taskbar-to-top-of-screen-undo-what/f6a2c303-27fc-4eee-b8cc-dc84ad124432
  9. File loss during undo move

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File loss during undo move: I accidentally started moving files from one folder to another, canceled the move, but the files disappeared from their original location and did not appear in the folder I moved to. I tried to undo these changes through Ctrl+z, but in the end, the files that I transferred...
  10. File loss during undo move

File loss during undo move: I accidentally started moving files from one folder to another, canceled the move, but the files disappeared from their original location and did not appear in the folder I moved to. I tried to undo these changes through Ctrl+z, but in the end, the files that I transferred...