Windows 10: Undo or reset Always use this app to open files option in Windows 10

Discus and support Undo or reset Always use this app to open files option in Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Every file opens with one of the built-in apps in Windows 10 by Microsoft. For example, you may want to set Photos as the default app... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Dec 20, 2019.

1. WinClub New Member

Undo or reset Always use this app to open files option in Windows 10

WinClub, Dec 20, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 20, 2019
  3. Kevin_KK Win User
    How to undo "always open with" option in Windows 10 (1803 build)

I accidentally click "always open with" a particular application on a BibTeX file and now the icons of all such files change to the icon of that app and I cannot find a way to undo the operation. In fact, I want Windows to always ask me how to open
    a BibTeX file
    instead of sticking to a specific program. Thanks for any suggestions!

Here I found some related posts but none of them seem to solve my problem:

Here are what I've tried, but none of them works:

• Execute "assoc .bib= && assoc .bibtex=" in cmd.exe as Administrator.
      Nothing happens.
    • In Settings under "choose default apps by file type", remove the default app at ".bib" entry.
      However, there's no such entry.

Kevin_KK, Dec 20, 2019
  4. Undo or reset Always use this app to open files option in Windows 10

Undo option in File Explorer

Hi Helena,

We appreciate your time and effort for getting back to us.

Try the following steps and check if it helps:

• Press Windows + E keys from the Keyboard to open the
      File Explorer.

• Click on the drop down of Customize Quick Access Toolbar beside
      File Explorer.

• Click on Undo.
    Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, Dec 20, 2019
Thema:

Undo or reset Always use this app to open files option in Windows 10

1. Undo or reset Always use this app to open files option in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Undo reset Always

2. Undo the Always Use selection for opening a specific file type

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Undo the Always Use selection for opening a specific file type: Help. My logo vender sent me a vector file in .ai. When I tried to open it, I chose the app Microsoft XML Handler and left "always use" checked. I can't open it. How do I "undo" the always use selection? I just want it to back to the point where it asks me what to use so I...
  3. How to undo "Always open with" option in Windows 10

How to undo "Always open with" option in Windows 10: Can someone help me with this because I can't use any apps which I changed this way. Please Help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-undo-always-open-with-option-in-windows-10/6df77bb4-481a-4e31-89b5-2b112cefa74c
  4. How to undo "always open files with" files in Windows 10 File explorer.

How to undo "always open files with" files in Windows 10 File explorer.: In Windows 10 Windows or File Explored I selected a file with an extension that I didn't have a program to open it with. So I selected Media player to open it BUT I DIDN'T NOTICE THAT "Always open with" was selected. So now I have all files associated with this program and...
  5. How do I Undo "always open file with"

How do I Undo "always open file with": I have a problem. I have been using sims 4 mods, which uses .package files that need to be downloaded, copied, then moved into a different folder. I am familiar with downloading these, but I clicked an option I thought would make it easier. When I downloaded that file, I...
  6. How can I undo "Always use this app to open .cfg files" checkbox?

How can I undo "Always use this app to open .cfg files" checkbox?: Hi there, I have a problem. I did check "Always use this app to open .cfg files" and select Notepad. Now I want to take back what I did. I tried to reset however it didnt work. I dont want that always open my .cfg files with notepad. I just want to stay the way how it was...
  7. Undo "Always use this app to open .abc files"

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Undo "Always use this app to open .abc files": Is there any way to undo a "Always use this app to open .abc files"? I have accidentally tries to open a .asd file with word, which is not possible. Now windows 10 gives the icon for word when a file is of the type .asd. I know this question is asked before, but it always...
  8. How to undo "always open files of this type" setting in Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to undo "always open files of this type" setting in Windows 10.: Hi, I have been having trouble lately due to jpeg files always opening when I download them. I know accidentally clicked "always open files of this type" setting but I don't know how to undone. Any help would be great. Thanks....
  9. "Always use this app to open...files" not working.

"Always use this app to open...files" not working.: Default apps for ANY filetype is not working. I tried the following without success: - Right Click -> Open With -> "Always use this app to open...files" not working. - Right Click -> Properties -> Opens with -> Chose a .exe and nothing happens - Default App Settings ->...
  10. How to undo "always open with" option in Windows 10 (1803 build)

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to undo "always open with" option in Windows 10 (1803 build): I accidentally click "always open with" a particular application on a BibTeX file and now the icons of all such files change to the icon of that app and I cannot find a way to undo the operation. In fact, I want Windows to always ask me how to open a BibTeX file instead of...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. always use this app undo on browser

2. always use this to open

3. how to undo the option always open with this app

4. how to undo always use this app to open,
  5. always open with setting,
  6. how to change Always use this app to open [file type] files is ticked.,
  7. always use this app to open,
  8. .tmp file undo always use this app