Windows 10: undocumented wireless power saving modes getting in the way

Discus and support undocumented wireless power saving modes getting in the way in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I use certain wireless network scanning tools under windows 10 laptop build 1909 and this problem is not specific to any particular feature update... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by tech-headUK, Jul 6, 2020.

1. undocumented wireless power saving modes getting in the way

I use certain wireless network scanning tools under windows 10 laptop build 1909 and this problem is not specific to any particular feature update build...

Despite having any Advanced device power management settings disabled and the device configured to not let windows turn it off to save power...

Windows repeatedly causes the adapter to cease scanning for access points than it is currently connected to.

The only way to get the correct scanning of all the possible wireless channels is to tap the task bar notification areas wireless icon and it at first pops up the list of available access points with just the currently connected access points name listed and then a second or so later the wireless adapters scanning is resumed and the rest of the surrounding access points show up and then the scanning utilities resume seeing all the surrounding access points until windows 10 times out again and stops scanning other channels as instructed by the programs in question.

One program an old version, 3.1.2.1, of metageeks inSSIDer seems to be able to keep the adapter awake and wake it up on launch but others like xirrus WiFI Inspector 2.0 and others seem unable to break out of these undocumented power saving modes.

Anyone know how we can turn OFF this unwanted undocumented feature?

This is not a driver problem or a resource depletion problem... no need to turn the wifi off and on again, just tapping on the wireless network notification icon wakes the adapters scanning functionality again. No noticeable changes to the currently connected access point connectivity happens in either mode. It has occurred across multiple driver versions and multiple feature updates. The same effect occurs on other completely different Windows 10 Laptops with different hardware. Does not happen at all on older Vista SP2 based laptop.

:)

tech-headUK, Jul 6, 2020
  2. bornaway Win User

E72 Power Saving Mode

Hi All,

My Nokia E72 is constantly saving that its in power saving mode. Is there a way to get it out of the power saving mode? I searched everywhere in the phone and in the disccussion board.

Thanks.

bornaway, Jul 6, 2020
  3. Simagdo Win User
    Problem with the power saving mode

Hello,

I've had a problem with power conservation for a few weeks now. Normally my procedure is the following:
    1. Putting the PC into power saving mode
    2. Switch off the connector strip to which the PC is connected
    3. Next time switch on the power strip and start the PC

Windows Version: 2004, Build: 19041.264

Before that, all the programs I had open before power saving mode were open. Now I have the problem since a few weeks that the PC boots normally and all programs are closed. This is not so nice, because I always have relatively many programs open, so I always have to restart them, which takes some time.
    Does anyone know by chance what this could be due to?

Greeting

Simagdo, Jul 6, 2020
  4. Huddo93 Win User

undocumented wireless power saving modes getting in the way

power saving mode after a few minutes on gaming

My friend had a similar problem on his older desktop. if its similar it is a problem with your graphics card overheating or dying. two steps to take would be to open the computer and clean the graphics card cooler thoroughly. And second of all get a friends graphics card and try his in your computer. this will rule out completely any problems with your graphics card. Which i think it is.

Btw. its not your pc outputting "power saving mode". but instead its the monitor saying power saving mode since your graphics card is crashing and the screen is not recieving a signal and going to standby.

Huddo93, Jul 6, 2020
Thema:

undocumented wireless power saving modes getting in the way

1. undocumented wireless power saving modes getting in the way - Similar Threads - undocumented wireless power

2. Power savings mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Power savings mode: Ok so one day i restarted my pc like I normally do when I have a problem and it always solves it but this time whenever I did it it put me in power savings mode and it’s been like that for about a month or two I’ve tried other monitors but they were from family so I don’t...
  3. Power savings mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Power savings mode: Ok so one day i restarted my pc like I normally do when I have a problem and it always solves it but this time whenever I did it it put me in power savings mode and it’s been like that for about a month or two I’ve tried other monitors but they were from family so I don’t...
  4. Power saving mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Power saving mode: Whenever I am not plugged in as soon as my laptop reaches around 35-40% the power saver mode automatically switches on. My power saver settings are set to turn on at 15%. Please help....
  5. Power saving mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Power saving mode: Whenever I am not plugged in as soon as my laptop reaches around 35-40% the power saver mode automatically switches on. My power saver settings are set to turn on at 15%. Please help....
  6. Power saving mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Power save mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Power save mode: hello I just bought my first NMVE M.2 and when i installed the Windows every time I open my pc after Motherboard logo appearmy pc just enter power saving mode so please help me to solve it Thx for your time...
  8. Power save mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Power save mode: hello I just bought my first NMVE M.2 and when i installed the Windows every time I open my pc after Motherboard logo appearmy pc just enter power saving mode so please help me to solve it Thx for your time...
  9. Power save mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Power save mode: My desktop goes into power save mode each time I enter password to log in. Does not do this in safe mode. Windows 10. Dell. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/power-save-mode/2ddbc1d7-c328-45ac-9f3a-a86c922d2565
  10. Power saving mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    Power saving mode: How do I turn OFF power saving mode …...I have just updated to windows 10 ( god knows why ) not user friendly.... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/power-saving-mode/9510c35d-9d7d-491a-ab7a-c9cc1a63260a