Windows 10: Undoing Changes Error With My Windows 10 Laptop

Discus and support Undoing Changes Error With My Windows 10 Laptop in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Recently I wanted to fully reset my laptop. After a while the system said that the process is 100% completed. Then it took me to the advanced startup... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by jayathagamage, Apr 9, 2020.

1. Undoing Changes Error With My Windows 10 Laptop

Recently I wanted to fully reset my laptop. After a while the system said that the process is 100% completed. Then it took me to the advanced startup screen. It had this option that said continue to Windows recovery environment. I assumed that is what i must do next so i clicked it. Then it said "Preparing" and soon after "Undoing changes". Then when I logged in it said " Error no changes were made".

How do fix this?

:)

jayathagamage, Apr 9, 2020

2. Windows10 Upgrade from Windows 7(Undoing changes made to your computer)

Hi, I am getting this error (Undoing changes made to your computer) while upgrading Windows 10 from Windows 7.

Below Steps I followed.

1. Downloaded 'Create Windows 10 Installation Media' from below URL.

Download Windows 10

2. Upgrade this PC now

3. Installed Windows 10

4. System Restarted and then followed this error(Undoing Changes made to your computer).

Please suggest.

Thanks & Regards,

Srini

Srinivasoracle, Apr 9, 2020
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Window Update Undoing changes made to your computer issue

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to help you with the appropriate troubleshooting steps, pleas reply with the details requested below:

• Do you receive any error message after Windows update?
    • May I know after which update do you see this message?
    • When you say, “this message appear about half and hour" does the computer boot to the desktop?
    • What is the make and model of the computer?

If the computer doesn’t boot to the Desktop, I would suggest you to refer the suggestions provided by DaveM121 replied on April 7, 2019 in the thread

'Undoing changes made to your computer' in Windows 10

If you are able to boot the computer to the Desktop, I would suggest you to run the

Windows Update Troubleshooter
    and see if that helps.

If the issue persists, I would suggest you to reset Windows Update components. Kindly refer the article by Sumit on

How to:Reset Windows update components in Windows

You may also want to refer the steps mentioned in the article
    Troubleshoot problems updating Windows 10

Note: While performing chkdsk on the hard drive if any bad sectors are found on the hard drive when chkdsk tries to repair that sector if any data available on that might be lost. Also, the last step in the article
    talks about Clean installation, please do not perform a clean installation of Windows.

Let us know the results, we will be glad to help you.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Apr 9, 2020
  4. Undoing Changes Error With My Windows 10 Laptop

windows 10 undoing changes loop

Hi,

This issue is caused by a corrupted updates on your computer.

We found an article similar to your concern. We suggest following the troubleshooting steps provided by Sumit Dhiman2 on this
    thread.

Get back to us if you need further assistance.

Gerard Qui, Apr 9, 2020
Thema:

Undoing Changes Error With My Windows 10 Laptop

1. Undoing Changes Error With My Windows 10 Laptop - Similar Threads - Undoing Changes Error

2. Undoing changes in my update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Undoing changes in my update: Hi, I have not update my system for a long time since I didnt use my desktop at all. Now, I want to make it updated but I cant since it says undoing changes. I dont know when was the last time I was update it I just want to make it up to date. I need help...
  3. Windows undoing changes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows undoing changes: I'm getting windows undoing changes and it has been 3months since I updated so I'm getting all sorts of errors can anyone pls help I tried uninstalling recent update but it is not working plz help me...
  4. Windows undoing changes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows undoing changes: I'm getting windows undoing changes and it has been 3months since I updated so I'm getting all sorts of errors can anyone pls help I tried uninstalling recent update but it is not working plz help me...
  5. Windows undoing changes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Windows 10 undoing changes bootloop

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 undoing changes bootloop: Hey everyone last night windows tried to install 1903 and it got to 27% and failed Nd said undoing changes but now it just reboots and shows undoing changes and reboots and does the same thing, is there anyway to fix this with a windows install usb and using a full reinstall...
  7. Laptop stuck on Undoing Changes after Windows 10 update

Laptop stuck on Undoing Changes after Windows 10 update: This question has been asked before but never answered. My Laptop has just tried to upgrade from version 1803 to 1809 and is now stuck on Undoing changes made to your computer. I can't get anything other than this so no safe mode available. Is there anything I can do other...
  8. Windows 10 undoing update changes

Windows 10 undoing update changes: Hi, I have windows 10 1803, I am using Windows 10 update assistant to update to the latest version which is 1903 .. however when the download is completed and the PC restarts .. it shows me that blue screen that says "Working on updates don't turn off your computer .. etc"...
  9. Windows 10 Update - Undoing changes

Windows 10 Update - Undoing changes: I recently tried to download the Gamepass for PC beta for my Laptop and it needed me to update Windows 10 to the 1903 update. The update downloaded, my PC restarted and it got to 67% and then turned itself off. I turned the laptop back on and it had the loading wheel turn...
  10. My Windows 10 wont Update. (Undoing Changes)

My Windows 10 wont Update. (Undoing Changes): Okay, so this is a problem i have had for a good while now, and while i have tried to search google day and night for how to fix it, i simply could not find any answers that works. OS: Windows 10 A while ago, (before this was a problem) i installed a 250gb SSD into my...