Windows 10: Unending EventViewer Error 507: failed non-ReadWrite SCSI SRB request

Discus and support Unending EventViewer Error 507: failed non-ReadWrite SCSI SRB request in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have an ASUS Z390M-pro Wireless motherboard, a Samsung EVO 970 Pro SSD (boot), two separate HDD's with my Desktop junction-pointed to one, and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by cabujones, Nov 22, 2019.

1. cabujones Win User

Unending EventViewer Error 507: failed non-ReadWrite SCSI SRB request

I have an ASUS Z390M-pro Wireless motherboard, a Samsung EVO 970 Pro SSD (boot), two separate HDD's with my Desktop junction-pointed to one, and Windows10x64 version 1903. No other storage.
    • I keep getting EventViewer Error 507 "Completing a failed non-ReadWrite SCSI SRB request," about 30+ per second when idle. The system is about 1 month new and I do not know how long this has been going on, perhaps since the beginning--the log truncates at about 12,000 entries. The log is [Applications and Services Logs -> Microsoft -> Windows -> StorDiag -> Microsoft-Windows-Storage-ClassPnP/Operational]..
    • I can find nothing useful on the internet except that StorDiag is a new Windows feature. Following an example, I ran
      > stordiag.exe -collectEtw -checkFSConsistency -out c:\users\john\desktop
      There were no printed errors and casually browsing the output folder Desktop/StorDiag showed nothing bad. chkdsk and sfc /scannow also come up errorless.
    I know nothing here. Does anyone know what could be going on? Any help woud be appreciated.
    Regards,
    -Cab-

:)

cabujones, Nov 22, 2019
  2. tfwul Win User

IOCTL_SCSI_PASS_THROUGH_DIRECT + Failing non-ReadWrite SCSI SRB req

Windows 10 x 64 (1903 18362.388)a. Event Log showing: Error, EventID 521 : The miniport logged an event.b. Event Log showing: Error, EventID 507 : Completing a failed non-ReadWrite SCSI SRB requestand c. when trying to update CD-ROM firmware, ProcMon is showing:IOCTL_SCSI_PASS_THROUGH_DIRECT Error: FAST IO DISALLOWEDI found page " Error Handling in SCSI Miniport Drivers " on IOCTL_SCSI_PASS_THROUGH (ntddscsi.h) - Windows drivers | Microsoft Docs

Now, not being an expert, could it be that some SCSI related driver is missing?

How to check and where to download ?

Thanks!

tfwul, Nov 22, 2019
  3. Nigel_H Win User
    Event ID 504 and 507 from StorDiag with Windows 10

I have run some tests and find that the issue occurs without any Third Party software running.

I know that most if not all AntiVirus programs constantly poll for devices being added.

Windows itself does it as well as it need to determine when to load drivers for the issues.

On one Flash drive I always get 507 errors with the message Completing a failed non-ReadWrite SCSI SRB request

Nigel_H, Nov 22, 2019
  4. Nigel_H Win User

Event ID 504 and 507 from StorDiag with Windows 10

On a system that sfc, chkdsk is not showing any errors and was clean built last week.

Looking into the event viewer looking at the logs in Microsoft-Windows-Storage-ClassPnP/Operational

I see several error messages with source StorDiag looking at Flash Drives - and none are connected during each start up.

Completing a failed IOCTL request. - Error 504 (12 times)

Completing a failed non-ReadWrite SCSI SRB request - Error 507 (12 times)

All is for the same serial number device

SerialNumber
    37270751DBAF002518491

@Microsoft What is this new "undocumented feature"?

Nigel_H, Nov 22, 2019
Thema:

1. Unending EventViewer Error 507: failed non-ReadWrite SCSI SRB request - Similar Threads - Unending EventViewer Error

2. Charge for non-requested software

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Charge for non-requested software: Non-requested software charge On December 2 I was charged $99 for ASSURE software I did not request -- how find out what to do about this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/charge-for-non-requested-software/a658c064-c213-4354-8900-59d3808c9293
  3. System Restore unending

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    System Restore unending: I had a crash and all I could do was a System Restore from my Back-up. The restore went through the process of loading files and then went into "Finalizing file restore..." And has been in it for the past 5 hours - looks like a loop to me. Can you tell me whatI should do? It...
  4. System Restore unending

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System Restore unending: I had a crash and all I could do was a System Restore from my Back-up. The restore went through the process of loading files and then went into "Finalizing file restore..." And has been in it for the past 5 hours - looks like a loop to me. Can you tell me whatI should do? It...
  5. Open Key operation failed Windows AIK , eventviewer error

in Windows 10 Support
    Open Key operation failed Windows AIK , eventviewer error: Hi Folks, I have an event ID 3 that's populating errors in eventviewer a lot regarding an application that I've never installed before... this is a brand new Alienware m17 R3 Laptop, came preloaded with win 10 pro, but I formatted it and did a fresh install of just windows...
  6. Open Key operation failed Windows AIK , eventviewer error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Open Key operation failed Windows AIK , eventviewer error: I have an event ID 3 that's populating errors in eventviewer a lot regarding an application that I've never installed before... this is a brand new Alienware m17 R3 Laptop, came preloaded with win 10 pro, but I formatted it and did a fresh install of just windows 10 pro 2004,...
  7. Event 507 - Completing a failed non-ReadWrite SCSI SRB request.

Event 507 - Completing a failed non-ReadWrite SCSI SRB request.: Since Win 10 1909 dropped I've been getting hundreds of event log messages... [ATTACH] ...Device manager does not show problems. I have run DISM, SFC and CHKDSK with no problems highlighted. Any ideas?...
  8. IOCTL_SCSI_PASS_THROUGH_DIRECT + Failing non-ReadWrite SCSI SRB req

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    IOCTL_SCSI_PASS_THROUGH_DIRECT + Failing non-ReadWrite SCSI SRB req: Windows 10 x 64 (1903 18362.388)a. Event Log showing: Error, EventID 521 : The miniport logged an event.b. Event Log showing: Error, EventID 507 : Completing a failed non-ReadWrite SCSI SRB requestand c. when trying to update CD-ROM firmware, ProcMon is...
  9. a request for device descriptor request failed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    a request for device descriptor request failed: hello guys in my device manager there is a yellow triangle on a usb device driver saying : a request for device descriptor request failed first i thought maybe 1 of my us ports not working but when i tested all ports are working even card reader but the error is still there i...
  10. EventViewer DCOM error 10001?

EventViewer DCOM error 10001?: I am not sure where to post this thread - I will not be in the least offended if someone moves it for me. Thanks! I have a few DistributedCOM errors in my event viewer every time I start my computer and I'm trying to track them down and get rid of them. This one is...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Completing a failed non-ReadWrite SCSI SRB request

2. stordiag 504

3. failed non-ReadWrite SCSI SRB request