Windows 10: Unexpected Audit Failure in Event Viewer

Discus and support Unexpected Audit Failure in Event Viewer in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Even with years of experience with Windows operating systems I am in the unenviable position of trying to diagnose an Audit Failure in the Event Viewer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by sdmike1974, Feb 28, 2019.

1. Unexpected Audit Failure in Event Viewer

Even with years of experience with Windows operating systems I am in the unenviable position of trying to diagnose an Audit Failure in the Event Viewer for Windows 10 on my Toshiba laptop that just reared its ugly head recently.

It is perhaps noteworthy that I am not seeing the same Audit Failure on my Dell desktop. Moreover "Filtering Platform Connection" never appears.

Anyone know what causes (or triggers) the Security Task Category called Filtering Platform Connection?

Every occurrence results in an Audit Failure as shown below.

While some may want to focus on what is causing the Filtering Platform Connection failure to occur -- I am focusing instead on trying to figure out why I am getting the "Filtering Platform Connection" at all -- since it never appears on my desktop. But I've been wrong before. Unexpected Audit Failure in Event Viewer :)

Unexpected Audit Failure in Event Viewer c64b83b8-8700-414d-87e5-d2a10e5ed7c4?upload=true.jpg

:)

sdmike1974, Feb 28, 2019

2. Security Audit Failure Event 5061 In Windows 10

Hello,

A failure audit event is triggered when a defined action, such as a user logon, is not completed successfully.

The appearance of failure audit events in the event log does not necessarily mean that something is wrong with your system. For example, if you configure Audit Logon events, a failure event may simply mean that a user mistyped his or her password.

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us...s.10).aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396#BKMK_1

Smittychat., Feb 28, 2019
  3. jegesq Win User
    System Integrity Event 5061 Security Audit Failure

Anyone notice that with the rollup update from August 17, that the Security section of Windows Logs in Event Viewer have now all been renamed to simply "Information" instead of "Audit Failure" or "Audit Success". Ever since upgrading to Win 10, I've
    been getting a lot of Audit Failures with Event ID 5061, which I presume is either related to one or more of the Nvidia drivers/programs, or is related to some other MS attempt to login to some server somewhere that fails (for reasons I've been unable to trace).
    MS has been getting a lot of questions on these forums about event 5061, and apparently lots of people were alarmed about the reports of "Audit Failures" for "System Integrity", believing that it meant something was definitely wrong with their systems.

I just noticed the change in language tonight in event viewer. Now everything, and I mean all events listed under Security logs is listed as "Information". Failures still show a "lock" icon, and success shows a "gold key" icon, but the descriptions are
    now simply "Information" only. You have to actually look hard to see whether it's a "failure" or "success".

Likely related, my Win10 system is unstable, and the Nvidia drivers keep crashing and recovering and then eventually crash the system. It does not seem to be at all predictable. I can be playing Solitaire, or looking at maps, or reviewing pictures in the
    Bing Photo Archives, or just downloading e-mail. The computer will stay up for a day or two and then whammo. Instability, crashing and a need to continually reboot until things calm down. Oh, and throw in a couple of BSOD's too, with the message "Your
    PC crashed ; (" and a report generating somewhere.

I figured Windows 10 might have some issues and I used a lot of preview builds with better luck than I'm having with a clean install of the final release version (downloaded and installed with an ISO). The machine is an older computer, running an Intel Core2
    Quad processor, but it runs both Win 8.1 and Win 7 with no issues at all....I mean flawlessly. Whereas Windows 10, installed on its own partition on a clean install, is just completely unstable, and unfit at all for any production work.

jegesq, Feb 28, 2019
  4. das10 Win User

Unexpected Audit Failure in Event Viewer

das10, Feb 28, 2019
Thema:

Unexpected Audit Failure in Event Viewer

1. Unexpected Audit Failure in Event Viewer - Similar Threads - Unexpected Audit Failure

2. Lots of completed Audits in Event Viewer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lots of completed Audits in Event Viewer: Hello, i saw this in Event Viewer, is this normal? Its a lot it looks like but it could be normal but im not sure. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lots-of-completed-audits-in-event-viewer/1c9b5edf-51a7-4199-9a46-c2d9034b3c86
  3. Lots of completed Audits in Event Viewer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lots of completed Audits in Event Viewer: Hello, i saw this in Event Viewer, is this normal? Its a lot it looks like but it could be normal but im not sure. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lots-of-completed-audits-in-event-viewer/1c9b5edf-51a7-4199-9a46-c2d9034b3c86
  4. Event logs Audit Failure tracking

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Event logs Audit Failure tracking: Hi guys,Today when i was inspecting security event logs at active directory server i realised we are recieving constant password brute force attacks from different user accounts.Usernames were seeming to be coming from a rainbow table as; Jessie, Jaxon, Clare...so onSource...
  5. Receiving Numerous Audit Failures in Windows Event viewer Security

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Receiving Numerous Audit Failures in Windows Event viewer Security: Windows Firewall did not apply the following rule:Rule Information:ID: {89E820CC-9A11-452F-ABD9-A2694F3E1453}Name: Cast to Device functionality qWave-UDP-InError Information:Reason: Remote Addresses resolved to an empty set....
  6. What these audits logs in event viewer?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    What these audits logs in event viewer?: My audit logs seems to be all turned off: [ATTACH] I would like some explanation on these why am I seeing "logon" events if they are turned off? [ATTACH] Can we turn these on / off and how? PS: I understand turning these off are probably idea, but since I am...
  7. Event Viewer Audit Failures for SeTcbPrivilege

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Event Viewer Audit Failures for SeTcbPrivilege: Hello, We are getting many Security Audit Failures in Event Viewer while livestreaming our church services. We notice it only does this on the Windows 10 Pro box not the Windows 10 Home. "Event 4673 A privileged service was called. Privileges: SeTcbPrivilege. Process Name:...
  8. Event Viewer Closes Unexpectedly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Event Viewer Closes Unexpectedly: I'm having a problem with the Windows Event Viewer application. A few seconds after I open it and try to start using it to view errors, it suddenly closes for no apparent reason. Has anyone else seen this? Is there a known fix? By the way, in the Windows Topics dropdown...
  9. Audit Failure reports in Event Viewer

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Audit Failure reports in Event Viewer: Since the PC upgraded to Windows 10 version 1803 build 17134.191, the event log on start up repeatedly gives the three different audit failures below. I have managed to clear all the other problems the event log has displayed but with these three I am at a lost as to the...
  10. Event Viewer -- Audit Failure 5061

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Event Viewer -- Audit Failure 5061: I continue to get this event in the Event Log under Audit Failure. I never had in Windows 8.1 and it started after upgrading to 10. Does anyone have a clue about it? Cryptographic operation. Subject: Security ID: SYSTEM Account Name: xxxx Account Domain: xxxx...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. event log Failure Audit

2. audit failure event viewer