Windows 10: Unexpected charges in Microsoft account

Discus and support Unexpected charges in Microsoft account in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Microsoft charged my Paypal account for an unauthorized charge by me for Xbox, which I never ordered. This is currently being worked on, and has taken... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by LynnMcCoy1, Oct 14, 2019.

1. Unexpected charges in Microsoft account

Microsoft charged my Paypal account for an unauthorized charge by me for Xbox, which I never ordered. This is currently being worked on, and has taken hours and hours of my time, and still not resolved yet. If I HAD ordered it and used my Paypal account to pay for it, I would have known it, but it was a total surprise and shock to me. GRRRR

Now, as I look around my computer for other suspicious activity, I see where the Microsoft program says I purchased "Twitter" moments ago. I did not do that either. Now I need to find out how these activities are being performed without my knowledge. I am scared to investigate my fairly new computer. I only use the inbox and occasional storage for family photos.

***Original title: unauthorized charges***

:)

LynnMcCoy1, Oct 14, 2019
  2. Naresh_K Win User

Unexpected charges

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you came across unexpected charges on your Microsoft account. I would like to inform you that as this is public forum, we can only help you with general troubleshooting issues. You can refer the article:

What to do about unexpected charges from Microsoft

If you are still not able to identify the charges, I will request you to get in touch with

Microsoft Store Support
    so that they can help you identify the charges.

Regards,

Naresh_K, Oct 14, 2019
  3. Vesao Win User
    Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Oct 14, 2019
  4. Unexpected charges in Microsoft account

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Oct 14, 2019
Thema:

Unexpected charges in Microsoft account

1. Unexpected charges in Microsoft account - Similar Threads - Unexpected charges Microsoft

2. Unexpected billing charge

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unexpected billing charge: I have been charged $109 for a subscription to Microsoft 365.I cancelled that subscription in 2017!!Why am I still being charged for it?I am owed $654 from Microsoft for charges on a product I cancelled 6 years ago!!...
  3. Unexpected billing charge

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unexpected billing charge: I have been charged $109 for a subscription to Microsoft 365.I cancelled that subscription in 2017!!Why am I still being charged for it?I am owed $654 from Microsoft for charges on a product I cancelled 6 years ago!!...
  4. Unexpected billing charge

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. how to contact Microsoft support about unexpected charge

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to contact Microsoft support about unexpected charge: I got an unexpected charge on bank account and it doesn't show in my order history on any of my microsoft accounts. I can't seem to find a way to contact Microsoft for this. Tried the phone number and it keeps telling me to go to website and it can't help. Can't seem to find...
  6. how to contact Microsoft support about unexpected charge

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to contact Microsoft support about unexpected charge: I got an unexpected charge on bank account and it doesn't show in my order history on any of my microsoft accounts. I can't seem to find a way to contact Microsoft for this. Tried the phone number and it keeps telling me to go to website and it can't help. Can't seem to find...
  7. unexpected charge

unexpected charge: a couple of days ago I bought Cold War on PC through Microsoft not realizing it wasn't playable that way and returned it. After it was returned I got another charge for 59.99 and I hadn't bought anything...
  8. Unexpected charges

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Unexpected charges: My PayPal says I paid £59.99 to Microsoft Luxemburg S.A.R.L. But I do not know what I have paid for. The invoice number is Z30SC3QB1PJA. Please can you run that through your system?...
  9. Unexpected charges

Unexpected charges: My PayPal says I paid £59.99 to Microsoft Luxemburg S.A.R.L. But I do not know what I have paid for. The invoice number is Z30SC3QB1PJA. Please can you run that through your system?...
  10. Unexpected charges

Unexpected charges: Hi I got an unexpected charge of £59.99 with invoice number Z30SC3QB1PJA. I do not know what this charge is for and would be very grateful for an explanation. Thank you....