Windows 10: Unexpected Chinese words - security issue?

Discus and support Unexpected Chinese words - security issue? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; After restoring my PC I was asked to connect to a network and was surprised to see my Altice router technically the public side of my router available... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Brave00, Jan 25, 2020.

1. Brave00 Win User

Unexpected Chinese words - security issue?

After restoring my PC I was asked to connect to a network and was surprised to see my Altice router technically the public side of my router available to any Altice customers appeared with a chinese presumed “connect” message.

Unexpected Chinese words - security issue? [​IMG]

This concerns me because as in the second pic after concern led me to do a full reinstall it returned to normal. I have never selected any Chinese language option for anything, live in New Jersey, and have no relation to anyone or anything Chinese.

Is there something i’m missing here or is this cause for concern?

:)

Brave00, Jan 25, 2020

2. Chinese input method candidate words

look,when i play dota 2 , Chinese input method(pinyu) there is no candidate words list, it make me feel sad!

now,how can i change Chinese input method candidate words list from horizontal into vertical

海东徐1, Jan 25, 2020
  3. Changed Cortana into US English but Still Replied in Chinese

Hi Rynn,

Thanks for replying to us with the status of your issue.

We appreciate you for trying the troubleshooting steps.

I suggest you to Remove the Chineselanguage and add it again and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

Step 1: Remove the Chinese language.

• Press Windows + X on your keyboard.

• Select Control panel.

• Select language.

• Click on the Option adjacent to the
      Chineselanguage.

• Click on remove under input method.

Step 2: Add ChineseLanguage.

• Press Windows + X on your keyboard.

• Select Control panel.

• Select language.

• Click on Add language.

• Add the Chinese language from the given list.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Jan 25, 2020
  4. Unexpected Chinese words - security issue?

Windows 10 issue: Chinese language popup

Hi Dave,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to change the Keyboard language and check if it helps.

Please follow below steps.

• Type Language in the search bar.
    • Launch Edit Language and Keyboard Options from the search list.
    • Under Languages look for the list of language.
    • If you are able to find out the Chinese language, right click on the language and Remove it.
    Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank You.

Prabhavathi Patil, Jan 25, 2020
Thema:

Unexpected Chinese words - security issue?

1. Unexpected Chinese words - security issue? - Similar Threads - Unexpected Chinese words

2. Page File name in Chinese words.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Page File name in Chinese words.: I'm just going through the system information and find that the Page File is with some Chinese words. C:\Windows\Ю I'm unable to locate it manually, is it a virus or malware, how to deal with it.System Configuration - Processor IntelR CoreTM i7-8750H CPU @ 2.20GHz, 2208 Mhz,...
  3. Page File name in Chinese words.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Page File name in Chinese words.: I'm just going through the system information and find that the Page File is with some Chinese words. C:\Windows\Ю I'm unable to locate it manually, is it a virus or malware, how to deal with it.System Configuration - Processor IntelR CoreTM i7-8750H CPU @ 2.20GHz, 2208 Mhz,...
  4. Windows Chinese words display error

Windows Chinese words display error: Hi guys, can someone tell me how ton fix this? It should be displaying Chinese words but it shows unknown symbols instead of Chinese words. Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-chinese-words-display-error/55d81479-7bab-421a-bc71-99466ca8e6ad
  5. Windows Chinese words display error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Chinese words display error: Hi guys, can someone tell me how ton fix this? It should be displaying Chinese words but it shows unknown symbols instead of Chinese words. Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-chinese-words-display-error/55d81479-7bab-421a-bc71-99466ca8e6ad
  6. While typing Chinese pinyin before confirm the chinese word, it will automatically switch...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    While typing Chinese pinyin before confirm the chinese word, it will automatically switch...: While typing Chinese pinyin before confirm the chinese word, it will automatically switch to english, how to solve this issue?I have 2 inputs which is Chinese Simplified China and English Malaysia. When the issur comes, it forces me manually change the inputs by using Ctrl +...
  7. While typing Chinese pinyin before confirm the chinese word, it will automatically switch...

While typing Chinese pinyin before confirm the chinese word, it will automatically switch...: While typing Chinese pinyin before confirm the chinese word, it will automatically switch to english, how to solve this issue?I have 2 inputs which is Chinese Simplified China and English Malaysia. When the issur comes, it forces me manually change the inputs by using Ctrl +...
  8. What could be this Chinese PDF thing in Word?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What could be this Chinese PDF thing in Word?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/lucasminier [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kx7rpy/what_could_be_this_chinese_pdf_thing_in_word/
  9. cant write pinyin chinese word

in Windows 10 Customization
    cant write pinyin chinese word: i cant type chinese pinyin word even i change already https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-write-pinyin-chinese-word/cfd8ccaa-bf21-44db-8eb3-6b1302a44063
  10. Windows security emails are in Chinese

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows security emails are in Chinese: Hi, Does anyone know how to change the language in which Windows Security sends you emails? Whenever I get an email from Windows Security, it is written largely in Chinese characters. I would assume that these emails are phishing attempts that don't actually come from...