Windows 10: Unexpected Crash - Bug Check / Driver Verifier

Discus and support Unexpected Crash - Bug Check / Driver Verifier in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Greetings, I have been having problems related to seemingly random computer crashes in Windows 10. I have found crashes related to a bug check listed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by THeckman56, Jul 6, 2021.

1. Unexpected Crash - Bug Check / Driver Verifier

Greetings, I have been having problems related to seemingly random computer crashes in Windows 10. I have found crashes related to a bug check listed in event viewer and other error reports which revolve around WLAN configuration. This leads me to believe it may be related to my USB wifi adapter and the accompanying drivers possibly being corrupted in some way. After following the instructions on driver verification I have run the verifier and had several crashes before entering safemode to end the driver verifier and gather the minidump files. These minidumps can be found here. https://drive.

:)

THeckman56, Jul 6, 2021
  2. NclsPeter Win User

Driver Verifier causes crashes incriminating

Hello, today I runned the tool "Driver Verifier" in order to stress my drivers to assure everything is okay. After rebooting, t got a BSOD caused by the antivirus Bitdefender.

On Mon 26/06/2017 14:13:44 your computer crashed

crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\062617-8578-01.dmp

This was probably caused by the following module: bdfwfpf.sys (bdfwfpf+0x1203)

Bugcheck code: 0xC4 (0x2000, 0xFFFFF80D7DA11203, 0x0, 0x57464442)

Error: DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOLATION

file path: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Bitdefender\Bitdefender Firewall\bdfwfpf.sys

product: BitDefender Firewall

company: BitDefender LLC

description: BitDefender Firewall WFP Filter Driver

Bug check description: This is the general bug check code for fatal errors found by Driver Verifier.

This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.

A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: bdfwfpf.sys (BitDefender Firewall WFP Filter Driver, BitDefender LLC).

Google query: BitDefender LLC DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOLATION

Is this normal or should I do something about it ?

Sorry but english is not my language.

Thanks.

NclsPeter, Jul 6, 2021
  3. Persistent Crashing While Sleep Mode - Bug Check

Hello folks! I'm having a concerning issue with my recently built Windows 10 machine. Below are my system specs, symptoms of issue, steps to reproduce, troubleshooting steps taken, and an attached minidump (MEMORY.DMP).

System Specs

CPU: Intel i9 9900k @ 4.7ghz

Mobo: ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero (Wi-Fi)

RAM: 4x8gb Corsair Vengeance RBG DDR4-3600 C18 @ 3200mhz [XMP Profile]

GPU: EVGA RTX 2080

All drivers are up to date and verified intact

Symptoms

• When attempting to sleep, computer will frequently sleep fine for up to 3-4 hours, waking as normal.
    • However, when gone and set to sleep for 6+hrs, system is off and boots cold.
    • Event Viewer inconclusive, reveals that prior shutdown was unexpected, did not cleanly shut down, and generally indicates a crash.
    • Event Viewer reveals Error Level Event:
      • "The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x00000133 (0x0000000000000001, 0x0000000000001e00, 0xfffff8012126b378, 0x0000000000000000). A dump was saved in: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id: 7a6ff501-6edc-4660-907b-23ae49f400a1."
    • Specific bugcheck code varies. Most frequently 0x00000133 and 0x00000001.

Steps to Reproduce

1. Initiate sleep
    2. Wait several hours (most recent occasion was 7.5hrs)
    3. Attempt to wake, find powered off
    4. Boot cold
    Notably, problem presents regardless of if computer entered sleep from inactivity or if manually set to sleep.

Troubleshooting Steps Taken

Steps taken in rough order:

1. Disable Fastboot in both BIOS and Windows
    2. Disable Hibernate
    3. Check powercfg for wake requests (find none)
    4. Disable all possible wake requestors (notably network wake)
    5. Verify driver integrity and updates
    6. Verify disk and operating system integrity
    7. Verify memory function with memtest86 and other stress testers (Passed with flying colors)
    8. Verify CPU and motherboard function with stress testers (Passed with flying colors)
    9. Disable all overclocking and repeat testing
    So far, none of these troubleshooting steps have resolved the sleep issue.
    I've attached the most recent MEMORY.DMP here

I'm at wits end. As a layperson I've done all the troubleshooting I can reasonably find recommended. I've been unable to find any additional leads online to try anything else. Please help!

Teamster22, Jul 6, 2021
  4. Junaid_A Win User

Unexpected Crash - Bug Check / Driver Verifier

Blue Screen - Unexpected Kernal mode trap

Hi Anne,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

This issue may occur when your computer lacks sufficient kernel space to process kernel-mode drivers

To have a better clarity on the issue and guide you accordingly, respond to the questions listed below.

1. What is the make and model of the PC?
    2. Were there any changes made on the computer prior to this issue?

Meanwhile, you may try the troubleshooting steps suggested in the articles listed below and check if it works:

1. Troubleshoot blue screen errors.
    2. Troubleshoot UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP
    3. Bug check: UNEXPECTED_ KERNEL_ MODE_ TRAP

Regards,

Junaid_A, Jul 6, 2021
Thema:

Unexpected Crash - Bug Check / Driver Verifier

1. Unexpected Crash - Bug Check / Driver Verifier - Similar Threads - Unexpected Crash Bug

2. Weird bug check/crashes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weird bug check/crashes: I got hit by a few BSOD and this was what event log told me, please helpThe computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x000000be 0xfffff8068bde7836, 0x8900000192744121, 0xffffa78a8aa0ebc0, 0x000000000000000a. A dump was saved in: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP. Report...
  3. Weird bug check/crashes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Weird bug check/crashes: I got hit by a few BSOD and this was what event log told me, please helpThe computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x000000be 0xfffff8068bde7836, 0x8900000192744121, 0xffffa78a8aa0ebc0, 0x000000000000000a. A dump was saved in: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP. Report...
  4. Driver verifier crashed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Driver verifier crashed: I ran into BSOD specifically KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED on tcpip.sys and found this question.As answer suggests, I followed instruction of this wiki, and driver verifier crashed DRIVER_VERIFIED_DETECTED_VIOLATION, with no xxxx.sys.As this suggests, I'll upload DMP file and...
  5. Driver verifier crashed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Driver verifier crashed: I ran into BSOD specifically KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED on tcpip.sys and found this question.As answer suggests, I followed instruction of this wiki, and driver verifier crashed DRIVER_VERIFIED_DETECTED_VIOLATION, with no xxxx.sys.As this suggests, I'll upload DMP file and...
  6. Driver verifier crashed

7. BUG Check crash

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BUG Check crash: Hi All,Recently one of our production windows server crashed, I took the memory dump and load in Win Dbg tool and below is the output.what is the cause for the crash?Microsoft R Windows Debugger Version 10.0.22415.1003 AMD64Copyright c Microsoft Corporation. All rights...
  8. BUG Check crash

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BUG Check crash: Hi All,Recently one of our production windows server crashed, I took the memory dump and load in Win Dbg tool and below is the output.what is the cause for the crash?Microsoft R Windows Debugger Version 10.0.22415.1003 AMD64Copyright c Microsoft Corporation. All rights...
  9. Bug Check crashes.

Bug Check crashes.: Hey guys, just noticed of late that my computer had been turning off and not going to sleep some days. checked the reliability logs and turns out the system is crashing to a bug check? This is the only information its giving me: Description The computer has rebooted...
  10. computer bug check crash

computer bug check crash: can anyone help me with this? The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x000000d1 0xfffff80354a72f93, 0x0000000000000002, 0x0000000000000008, 0xfffff80354a72f93. A dump was saved in: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id:...