Windows 10: unexpected deletion

Discus and support unexpected deletion in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I was streaming on Youtube last night when suddenly the video and the audio stops. There were no reactions when I press any keys, move the mouse, or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MaxLee2, Nov 15, 2018.

1. MaxLee2 Win User

unexpected deletion

I was streaming on Youtube last night when suddenly the video and the audio stops. There were no reactions when I press any keys, move the mouse, or press Ctrl Alt Del, so I hold the power button to shut it down after a few minutes. When I restarted it, my account has been reset. The wallpaper, task bar, lockscreen background are reset back to original, all except my password and the profile pic. All of the files in my library are gone but a few downloaded programs like Google Chrome and Autodesk Sketchbook still remains. Is there anyway for me to recover those lost files? It would really help me quite a lot.

:)

MaxLee2, Nov 15, 2018

2. Unexpected Store Exception

Hi,

Many factors can be involved with the Unexpected Store Exception
    blue screen error such as a conflict with some third-party software, a faulty RAM, or a hardware failure. To rectify such issue, we'd like to ask a few questions:

• Were there any changes made on your computer settings prior to this issue?
    • Does your computer have the most recent update for Windows 10?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you follow the series of steps in this
    article
    which lists some troubleshooting instructions suitable for blue screen errors.

We look forward to your response.

Angela Pun, Nov 15, 2018
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Unable to delete a folder - Invalid folder name

Suggestion:
    1. Run chkdsk x: /r to make sure that there's no HD corruption.
      x: is the drive containing the folder you want to delete.
    2. Try to delete the folder again. If still does not work, go to step 3.
    3. Download: Download - Linux Mint and create a bootable USB using: Rufus - Create bootable USB
    4. Boot up with Linux Mint and try to delete the folder again.
      NOTE: Unlike WinPE. Linux does not have any Windows permission imposed to it so it is easier to delete.

topgundcp, Nov 15, 2018
  4. bestellen Win User

unexpected deletion

Deleting contacts from Windows 10

When you say Windows Mail Live are you referring to Mail app or Windows Live Mail?

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Open Windows Live Mail.
    • Press Ctrl + 3 using your keyboard. Right-click on the contact to delete it if it is a single contact.
    • Highlight all contacts by pressing Ctrl + A.
    • Click Delete located on the Ribbon bar.
    • Click OK when you see the message These contacts will also be deleted from Hotmail, Messenger, and other Windows Live services.

After following the steps above, all your contacts that you have manually added to your account will be deleted however, contacts coming from third-party sites such as Facebook will not be deleted unless you remove Facebook from your account.

For Mail app:

Open People app then delete the contact.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

bestellen, Nov 15, 2018
Thema:

unexpected deletion

1. unexpected deletion - Similar Threads - unexpected deletion

2. Unexpected kernell mode BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unexpected kernell mode BSOD: Hi, After the latest Windows update, I´ve been experiencing multiple BSODs with an Unexpected kernel mode trap error. I´ve experienced a couple of shutdowns with the same message in the past, but never that many in a row. Can anyone read my minidump files, as the computer is...
  3. Unexpected kernell mode BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unexpected kernell mode BSOD: Hi, After the latest Windows update, I´ve been experiencing multiple BSODs with an Unexpected kernel mode trap error. I´ve experienced a couple of shutdowns with the same message in the past, but never that many in a row. Can anyone read my minidump files, as the computer is...
  4. Drive get deleted automatically After An Unexpected Shutdown

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Drive get deleted automatically After An Unexpected Shutdown: I have been using windows 10 from a Long time but encounter this kind of problem first time. I was Creating Backup of Some File when my laptop unexpectedly shutdown. When i turned on my laptop again one of my drive was Missing.I opened Disk management and saw that the space...
  5. Drive get deleted automatically After An Unexpected Shutdown

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Drive get deleted automatically After An Unexpected Shutdown: I have been using windows 10 from a Long time but encounter this kind of problem first time. I was Creating Backup of Some File when my laptop unexpectedly shutdown. When i turned on my laptop again one of my drive was Missing.I opened Disk management and saw that the space...
  6. Drive get deleted automatically After An Unexpected Shutdown

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. An unexpected error is keeping you from deleting the folder 0x8007016A The cloud file...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    An unexpected error is keeping you from deleting the folder 0x8007016A The cloud file...: I have a Windows 10 PC that had a small SSD for its C:\ drive and a large D:\ HDD where I kept OneDrive. I installed a new, large SSD in my PC to replace the old small SSD C:\ drive. I performed a clean Windows 10 install on the new SSD. When I had completed the Windows...
  8. I can't delete a folder because of an "unexpected error"

I can't delete a folder because of an "unexpected error": I am trying to delete a folder from my laptop, but when I try to delete it, file explorer says there was an unexpected error. I tried looking up how to fix the error but I didn't find anything helpful. Please help me fix this as soon as possible! [ATTACH]...
  9. Unexpected Random Reboot - Deleted Steam Game the culprit or Chrome?

Unexpected Random Reboot - Deleted Steam Game the culprit or Chrome?: I have been suffering random restarts I don't even get the luxury of a BSOD or crash dumps. The computer just restarts this has only been happening since Creators Fall update 1709. In all crashes, I have been using Google Chrome latest stable version. At first, I...
  10. Explorer: deleting files-How to skip 'An unexpected error' by default?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Explorer: deleting files-How to skip 'An unexpected error' by default?: Was deleting a (very) large number of small files. System is getting unresponsive and I need to wait 3-4 minutes before anything is happening. After finally the 'instruction' to delete was given ('OK' at 'Are you sure?') Windows Explorer starts. Deleting may very well...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows deleting unexpectedly