Windows 10: Unexpected duplicate of USB scanner appears intermittently

Discus and support Unexpected duplicate of USB scanner appears intermittently in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Windows 10 Pro fully updatedI am intermittently having a problem where I can't scan. Upon investigation I always find find the same problem: A second... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by posixltd, May 28, 2021.

1. posixltd Win User

Unexpected duplicate of USB scanner appears intermittently

Windows 10 Pro fully updatedI am intermittently having a problem where I can't scan. Upon investigation I always find find the same problem: A second instance of the USB scanner has appeared and became the default. This new default never works, and the fix is to delete the duplicate from Settings > Devices > Printers & Scanners. The fix is easy but annoying, so I'd like to stop this from occuring. I've tried removing scanner and completely removing and reinstalling the driver. Any ideas?

:)

posixltd, May 28, 2021
  2. btarunr Win User

StarTech Announces USB Drive Duplicator

StarTech.com, a leading manufacturer of hard-to-find connectivity parts, has announced the release of a new USB Flash Drive Duplicator and Eraser (SKU: USBDUP15), a portable solution for simultaneously copying one USB flash drive to up to five USB flash drives at speeds of up to 1.5GB per minute or securely erasing up to six flash drives. The duplicator is the most compact of its kind on the market, ideal for users who need a portable way to distribute data from a single flash drive onto many, or completely remove content from multiple flash drives simultaneously.

"StarTech.com's USB Flash Drive Duplicator can boost productivity and save time for IT and Marketing professionals who need to constantly generate multiple software and marketing collateral distributions while they're away from the office" said Juliet Wei, Senior Product Manager for StarTech.com. "Compared to traditional CDs or DVDs, USB flash drives provide a more cost-effective and convenient way to distribute files and information. The USB Flash Drive Duplicator can drastically reduce the time needed to create multiple copies, which is extremely useful for many industries, including IT professionals who need to deploy operating system files or software, or make quick data backups, or for marketing professionals who distribute content using flash drives."

Unexpected duplicate of USB scanner appears intermittently 25a_thm.jpg

Unexpected duplicate of USB scanner appears intermittently 25b_thm.jpg

Unexpected duplicate of USB scanner appears intermittently 25c_thm.jpg

Features of the USB Flash Drive Duplicator and Eraser (USBDUP15), include:
    • Supports USB 3.0/2.0/1.1 Flash Drives
    • 1:5 standalone duplication with 2 duplication modes
    • Erase up to 6 USB flash drives with single-pass and multi-pass overwriting/DoD erasing
    • High-speed duplication at 1.5GB per minute
    • TAA compliant
    • Built-in LCD display
    • Check drive capacity, quality and speed with intuitive task management
    • Supports Asynchronous, Synchronous copy modes, for quick batch swapping with 64 MB of internal memory
    MSRP for StarTech.com's USB Flash Drive Duplicator and Eraser (SKU: USBDUP15) is £580.00 (GBP exc. VAT) in the UK. The drive dock will be available from Insight, Misco, Amazon.co.uk and Dabs and is also distributed by Enta, Ingram Micro and Exertis Micro-P.

For more information, visit this page.

btarunr, May 28, 2021
  3. Why doesn't my Canon scanner appear in my Start menu?

My scanner is attached and working: it appears in Settings --> Printers and Scanners. It does not appear in my Start list, so I don't know how to access it. I have updated the drivers. Any suggestions?

Susan421PQ, May 28, 2021
  4. ARichard Win User

Epson 1200 scanner now working! Very pleased.

Worked perfectly,
    • Installed 2400 series driver (when it asked what model I had I also picked, 1270 and 4180 since these had the Slide scanner interface I thought it might add a few extra drivers)
    • Restarted PC
    • Needed to use Device manager 'Updated driver'
    • Assign 2400 driver. (See attached image)
    • Be sure scanner is powered on so it appears in device manager.

Tested the Slide scanner attachment, I used PRO mode and it was discovered.
    I had to use the plastic blackout slide holder (for masking the slide) to find the slide though.

Unexpected duplicate of USB scanner appears intermittently [​IMG]

Hope this helps others, Thanks again for the step by step! Unexpected duplicate of USB scanner appears intermittently :)

ARichard, May 28, 2021
Thema:

1. Unexpected duplicate of USB scanner appears intermittently - Similar Threads - Unexpected duplicate USB

2. Intermittent USB Faiilure

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Intermittent USB Faiilure: My USB keyboard and mouse routinely fail in Win10. If I move either to a different hub, they work again for a while but all will eventually fail on the new hub as well. Reinstalled Win10 and updated. Eliminated Windows ability to turn off power at the USB root in Device...
  3. Intermittent USB Faiilure

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Intermittent USB Faiilure: My USB keyboard and mouse routinely fail in Win10. If I move either to a different hub, they work again for a while but all will eventually fail on the new hub as well. Reinstalled Win10 and updated. Eliminated Windows ability to turn off power at the USB root in Device...
  4. Intermittent USB Faiilure

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. USB Scanner not recognized

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB Scanner not recognized: My scanner is working fine and W10 recognizes it is connected, as hardware report in settings recognizes it and says it is working correctly. But when I try to manage the scanner, it tells me it isn't connected! Solution?...
  6. Duplicate folders being setup intermittently

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Duplicate folders being setup intermittently: I have had several folders I have created on my onedrive duplicate themselves and add the extension of my PC name. Then the files I create are stored in the one with the PC name extension, not the folder I created. In 2 cases it picked folders I had set up over a year ago...
  7. Scanner does not appear in "Printers & scanners"

Scanner does not appear in "Printers & scanners": Windows 10 64 bit. I have an older Brother multi-function printer/scanner. Under Settings/Devices/Printers & scanners I find the device, but only the printer. MS website says to click on printer "Manage" and the scanner should appear there, but it does not. I have no way to...
  8. Intermittent USB Operation

Intermittent USB Operation: Hi MS Community, I just got a new Xeon based machine with the nVIDA RTX5000 video card. The system is running Windows 10 Pro ver 1903. The problem is with the USB ports. They keep connecting/disconnecting many times per minute. If I connect an external USB hard drive, I...
  9. USB Scanner not detected.

USB Scanner not detected.: Dell tower with Windows 10 does not recognize the USB connected Epson ES-500W scanner. An iMac when USB connected recognizes it instantly. ???? Almost two days of downloading apps and drivers and multiple re-installs, disabling USB power shutdown, etc. were not help....
  10. USB Duplication in Explorer

USB Duplication in Explorer: I have just bought two new SanDisk 32 GB USBs and when I insert each of them in my Vaio laptop, it show as duplicated - showing "This PC - removable disk (E) and the other just removable disk (E). Even the contents I have put on one have been duplicated. Can anyone tell me if...