Windows 10: Unexpected Empty Folders on old Backup DVDs in Win11 using external USB DVD Reader device,...

Discus and support Unexpected Empty Folders on old Backup DVDs in Win11 using external USB DVD Reader device,... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi.I recently bought a USB CD/DVD reader device to access some old backup DVD disks, which I know they have data in them as I have scan them in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by VasileiosP, Dec 6, 2022.

1. Unexpected Empty Folders on old Backup DVDs in Win11 using external USB DVD Reader device,...

Hi.I recently bought a USB CD/DVD reader device to access some old backup DVD disks, which I know they have data in them as I have scan them in the past. I had write these DVDs using Win7 in the past, or some of them even WinXP.However in Win11 some folders appear empty without files although they should not. Some DVDs are quite empty without being able to access files that exist there via Win11.I can still see and access some files using windows software I had, like Nero Rescue Agent - but it does not work at all with folders and files that may have non standard characters format, because t

:)

VasileiosP, Dec 6, 2022

2. backup protected dvds

I want to create backup copies of my favorite DVD collections and I tried Nero but it said that the DVDs are protected. I tried looking for another software and I found this list of DVD copy software that claimed to be the best for copying protected DVDs. I need a feedback from someone who has tried using any of these software before I'll buy one. I just want to make sure so I can burn my DVDs and not my money. If you have any other suggestions or recommendations I would really appreciate it.

BurningNewbie, Dec 6, 2022
  3. dvd reader

Hi Billy,

This issue is quite unclear and not complete to be understood by our readers.
    It is too broad for us to distinguish the main reason why you are having challenges/concerns with your DVD. To have a better understanding of your concerns, we'd like to ask you some questions:

• Which version or build of Windows device are you using? To know, press
      Windows + R
      to open the Run window. Type winver
      and press Enter. A new window will open showing the version and build number of your Windows device.
    • What is the exact make and model of your computer?
    • What is the exact make and model of your DVD drive?
    • What are the contents of this DVD?
    • What were the recent changes made on your computer before you experienced this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Did you receive any error messages?

In addition, you can read our forum guidelines here:
    Suggestions for asking a question on help forums
    to help you phrase and compose your concerns in complete detail to our community. In this way, the readers will get enough information that will lead them to provide you accurate solutions.

Your response will be much appreciated.

Johann Eva, Dec 6, 2022
  4. PCJim(2) Win User

Unexpected Empty Folders on old Backup DVDs in Win11 using external USB DVD Reader device,...

USB connections non-responsive...printers & external DVD-CD drive

I cannot get either of two printers connected via usb to respond. Also, a usb connected external DVD-CD drive is non-responsive. When I check the device manager the DVD-CD drive is not listed, and the printers have updated drivers as do the usb controllers.
    This problem-a-day since upgrading to Windows 10 is getting pretty old!

PCJim(2), Dec 6, 2022
Thema:

Unexpected Empty Folders on old Backup DVDs in Win11 using external USB DVD Reader device,...

1. Unexpected Empty Folders on old Backup DVDs in Win11 using external USB DVD Reader device,... - Similar Threads - Unexpected Empty Folders

2. Moving a folder to an external disk empties the folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Moving a folder to an external disk empties the folder: I've had this problem for a week now. Every time I move a folder to my external disk the resulting folder is empty. How do I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/moving-a-folder-to-an-external-disk-empties-the/0a84d9c7-16bd-4d60-afc0-a0656cda7a99
  3. Moving a folder to an external disk empties the folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Moving a folder to an external disk empties the folder: I've had this problem for a week now. Every time I move a folder to my external disk the resulting folder is empty. How do I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/moving-a-folder-to-an-external-disk-empties-the/0a84d9c7-16bd-4d60-afc0-a0656cda7a99
  4. Windows backup restoring empty folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows backup restoring empty folders: Hi, currently on W11 Pro ver. 10.0.22621 I'm trying to restore files from a Windows backup. There is 2 backup that was created within the last 6 months on my PC. The size of the backup is over 1.7 TB. However, upon completion of the restore operation, only 28 GB of files are...
  5. Windows backup restoring empty folders

Windows backup restoring empty folders: Hi, currently on W11 Pro ver. 10.0.22621 I'm trying to restore files from a Windows backup. There is 2 backup that was created within the last 6 months on my PC. The size of the backup is over 1.7 TB. However, upon completion of the restore operation, only 28 GB of files are...
  6. Unexpected Empty Folders on old Backup DVDs in Win11 using external USB DVD Reader device,...

Unexpected Empty Folders on old Backup DVDs in Win11 using external USB DVD Reader device,...: Hi.I recently bought a USB CD/DVD reader device to access some old backup DVD disks, which I know they have data in them as I have scan them in the past. I had write these DVDs using Win7 in the past, or some of them even WinXP.However in Win11 some folders appear empty...
  7. Use an internal dvd reader as an external one

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Use an internal dvd reader as an external one: submitted by /u/martinofalorni [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kexl6r/use_an_internal_dvd_reader_as_an_external_one/
  8. External USB card reader is not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External USB card reader is not working: Dears, I have 2 windows laptops and I have a USB memory card reader. On one laptop it works fine while on the other laptop windows can even detect it. What is the problem and how can I fix it? I would be grateful for any help. Thank you...
  9. Using BlueRay DVD reader/writer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Using BlueRay DVD reader/writer: I am running Windows 10 (64) on 3 computers (all licensed and activated) I bought and used an LG BlueRay reader/writer on my main computer. I have read and written a number of DVD's on this computer. One day I ejected a DVD and removed the unit from my main computer. I...
  10. External DVD reader/writer

External DVD reader/writer: After the last windows update, windows does not start any external DVD reader/writer, which always worked. Device manager gives code 19. Rolled back but problem persists. Drives work fine when connected to other desktop, laptop etc....