Windows 10: Unexpected error from Performance Redirection

Discus and support Unexpected error from Performance Redirection in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I'm trying to move various data files from C:\ to other drives. I successfully moved Pictures to the drive I dedicate to pictures, and Downloads to a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Newmaven, Mar 26, 2017.

1. Newmaven Win User

Unexpected error from Performance Redirection

I'm trying to move various data files from C:\ to other drives. I successfully moved Pictures to the drive I dedicate to pictures, and Downloads to a data drive.

Bu t when I try moving Desktop to a data drive, I get the attached error message:

This puzzles me, because the existing file names and extensions are not to long where they are now (C:\Users\Ivan\Desktop), so why would they be too long in D:\Desktop, which is 11 characters shorter?

More important, how do I fix this?

:)

Newmaven, Mar 26, 2017

2. windows defender is turn off and not turning on?

my windows defender is turn off and it is not turning on ....it is showing me message that an unexpected error occurred and even after restarting my systems it is not turning on

* Moved from Windows 10/Performance

ShubhamVishwambhar, Mar 26, 2017
  3. Windows 10 freezes after shut down/sleep/hibernate

If I try to run this statement, the following error message is coming:-

"Unable to perform the action. An unexpected error(0x65b) has occured. Function failed during operation."

KumarAnkur, Mar 26, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, you might try checking to see if you have any files which are seen as having too long a path.
    Assuming you have identified which folder the message refers to there are some tools you can use to do that:

(from error in trying to relocate My Documents - Gizmo's Freeware Forum)

Possible workaround
    In one such case, the user moved their data (in your case presumably one problematic folder) to a safe temporary location, relocated their Documents (it happened to be their Documents folder- in your case the Desktop). So once you have relocated your desktop, then try copying back the folder.

dalchina, Mar 26, 2017
Thema:

1. Unexpected error from Performance Redirection - Similar Threads - Unexpected error Performance

2. Redirection error.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Redirection error.: Either the user or admin account after logged in can't navigate to default page. I'm using asp.net mvc scaffolded in identity.I used the sweetalert2 as javascript in my login.I tried different ways of functionalities to solve this problem but yet i still couldn't find the...
  3. Redirection error.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Redirection error.: Either the user or admin account after logged in can't navigate to default page. I'm using asp.net mvc scaffolded in identity.I used the sweetalert2 as javascript in my login.I tried different ways of functionalities to solve this problem but yet i still couldn't find the...
  4. powercfg/batteryreport Unable to perform operation. An unexpected error 0x1fe has...

powercfg/batteryreport Unable to perform operation. An unexpected error 0x1fe has...: is there any fix to this error? powercfg/batteryreport Unable to perform operation. An unexpected error 0x1fe has occurred: The file system encountered a metadata file with inconsistent data....
  5. powercfg/batteryreport Unable to perform operation. An unexpected error 0x1fe has...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    powercfg/batteryreport Unable to perform operation. An unexpected error 0x1fe has...: is there any fix to this error? powercfg/batteryreport Unable to perform operation. An unexpected error 0x1fe has occurred: The file system encountered a metadata file with inconsistent data....
  6. Unexpected error

Unexpected error: I reinstalled my audio driver because my new headphones is not working but it's giving me an error saying plug and play is not avaialble. I restarted but nothing works. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unexpected-error/cf5d112f-b37e-46c6-980a-935a8ad0dec1
  7. Unexpected error

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unexpected error: I reinstalled my audio driver because my new headphones is not working but it's giving me an error saying plug and play is not avaialble. I restarted but nothing works. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unexpected-error/cf5d112f-b37e-46c6-980a-935a8ad0dec1
  8. Unexpected error

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unexpected error: I uninstalled my audio driver because my new headphones is not working. I reinstalled my driver but it's giving me unexpected error saying plug and play is not available in the machine. I restarted many times but nothing works. Please help...
  9. UNEXPECTED ERROR

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    UNEXPECTED ERROR: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Saokaaay [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gtm3aq/unexpected_error/
  10. Unexpected error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unexpected error: I get the above error message when I try to access a Dailywire news feed. Just started happening in the past couple of days. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unexpected-error/52dd6a5e-d31a-45ab-b94a-5b0cf62be230